•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th Region Baseball
Knox didn't look good last night at Clay, but you can see their potential. Clay finally showed a little fight last night. When Clay hits they can beat anyone in the region. They are like most teams in the region though, you never know which team is going to show up. I do feel like 6 or 7 teams could win the region this year. Its probably the most even it's been in a long time. North and South have been dominant so long it's nice to have several teams in the running for a regional title.
baller1989 Wrote:I've never been a fan of Adams! But with your last comment, about finding coaches, I believe we are seeing that around the tri-county area too often. Schools hiring teachers and making them fill positions for extra curricular activities... instead of looking for a coach that just so happens has his teaching cert? it would require a little more work for the administration to seek those out but yet the sport would represent the school in a more positive manner and the school would benefit more in the long run when the sport is flourishing, but Adams has done what other coaches at Whitley have done in the past with talent and squashed it away? I guess, my question is that why does administration not see what the fans see? Why does the administration think that this is ok? It's not just Whitley... It is everywhere nowadays, so I'm not just taking hits on the Colonels, but it is like everything is ok for spring sports to suck, as long as Football is doing well all is good?

Thats exactly the problem and it's prevalent in a lot of schools in this region.
I've never been shy about it, on here or in person. Siler is not the right AD Whitley needs. Politics at play at its finest. And I just don't like adams as a man or coach. It is what it is.
If they want better results, it starts with themselves at whitley.
FlippedOut Wrote:Bobcat4years you may be right, you posted on another thread Mboro would cancel game till Tyler was available. I was on the field last night and it was playable. We cancel it till today when we all knew it was going to rain today and tomorrow. Tyler can't pitch them all coach.

So tonight has been cancelled because apparently there are no umpires available. :lmao:
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:Guys, you're blowing it out of proportion. First off, not saying Middlesboro is great, but HC isn't even as good as in years past. What I mean is, Middlesboro has beaten much better HC teams with much less than Tyler McCullough. Matthew Mike pitched last year in the 9-0 victory.

Like another poster said, this game means very little in the scheme of things. Whether Middlesboro wins or loses, they will still face HC in the district finals with McCullough on the mound. This game is pretty meaningless. There is no reason for the Middlesboro staff to run from it. I do understand HC's desire not to face him though.

Looks like the coach doesn't share the same view as you do MHSparentConfusedhh:
North gets beat by south tonite at north. Plot thickens.
Ironically Pineville and Red Bird had had umpires
rudedogky Wrote:Ironically Pineville and Red Bird had had umpires

It could have been played the date it was scheduled. I was on the field that night, so I don't have to take anyone's word. It was playable.
Big Red Machine Wrote:Knox didn't look good last night at Clay, but you can see their potential. Clay finally showed a little fight last night. When Clay hits they can beat anyone in the region. They are like most teams in the region though, you never know which team is going to show up. I do feel like 6 or 7 teams could win the region this year. Its probably the most even it's been in a long time. North and South have been dominant so long it's nice to have several teams in the running for a regional title.

Clay is usually a pretty good fastball hitting team. They can usually get things rolling on occasion.
At the end of the day I think we will see same teams competing for the region title.
As usual. Flipped Out (...not a Middlesboro Supporter-just a Middlesboro Bit(her) sharing more information than they know. Check around, find out why the game wasn't played. The original date had been moved and got moved about 3-4 times. First two not for weather. Keep stirring. MHS baseball is in fine shape. And will be for a while. Region Champs next year for sure. This year is a good possibility. Depends on seeding and draws. As it does every year. Some teams playing good ball right now but with the weather-not sure anyone can do much.
I know there is a coach in London who someone interested in winning should hire.
Who is the coach
Them yellow jackets can play some baseball. That's what they hang their hat on over in the crater. Hats off to them.
The coach is Dickie Booth. He coaches at a small middle school. I know he played D1 and coached college as well. He does great work with a lot of the older boys in the off season.
LCbballfan Wrote:The coach is Dickie Booth. He coaches at a small middle school. I know he played D1 and coached college as well. He does great work with a lot of the older boys in the off season.

Where did he play and who does he coach?
Here is another one with all the answers for the coaches. I could care less how many times it was moved, I know the field was playable the first date after the Hazard game and it was cancelled know rain was on it way through today. I was on the field that evening. More interesting is wait till next year comment. This place has used that statement so many times lately. Next year never seems to get here. You do not have to say that about this baseball team, because in spite of coaching they are very good. Exceeded many expectations. My opinions about how far they go in the region with the pitching after Tyler upsets some, but it is just that, my opinion. So why don't you just wait till next year.
LCbballfan Wrote:The coach is Dickie Booth. He coaches at a small middle school. I know he played D1 and coached college as well. He does great work with a lot of the older boys in the off season.
can you private msg me more about Dickie Booth?
FlippedOut Wrote:Here is another one with all the answers for the coaches. I could care less how many times it was moved, I know the field was playable the first date after the Hazard game and it was cancelled know rain was on it way through today. I was on the field that evening. More interesting is wait till next year comment. This place has used that statement so many times lately. Next year never seems to get here. You do not have to say that about this baseball team, because in spite of coaching they are very good. Exceeded many expectations. My opinions about how far they go in the region with the pitching after Tyler upsets some, but it is just that, my opinion. So why don't you just wait till next year.

Your statements don't upset me at all. I simply disagree with your opinion.

This team is very good. These coaches have done and continue to do a great job. They captured the district title last year against good competition in Harlan County. They went on to lose in a 10 inning thriller in the regional semifinals where Matthew Mike pitched an absolute gem. They've done well so far this season and while they could have hit better with runners in scoring position, they have come through against some tough opponents in Corbin, Knox Central, Clay County, and Hazard to name a few (Tyler only pitched 2 of those game).

I don't mind you giving your assessment. We can just continue to disagree.
not sure what information you want but all I know is he coaches at East Bernstadt where he teaches, played at EKU and coached at Transylvania University. He works with a lot of kids in the off season. My boy did pitching, hitting and speed and agility classes with him.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:Your statements don't upset me at all. I simply disagree with your opinion.

This team is very good. These coaches have done and continue to do a great job. They captured the district title last year against good competition in Harlan County. They went on to lose in a 10 inning thriller in the regional semifinals where Matthew Mike pitched an absolute gem. They've done well so far this season and while they could have hit better with runners in scoring position, they have come through against some tough opponents in Corbin, Knox Central, Clay County, and Hazard to name a few (Tyler only pitched 2 of those game).

I don't mind you giving your assessment. We can just continue to disagree.

That was actually directed to someone else. I have no argument with you. Actually, the way you have defended other sports I am pleased that you now have something to hang your hat on, so to speak. I think you deserve it.

As far as our disagreement we will see who is correct soon enough.
Finally, the rain has stopped and baseball has continued. Last night Knox Central had a nail biter with B'ville. Without knowing the details about the game, that score really surprises me how close it was.

Corbin defeated Whitley Co., as expected.

Clay County beat North Laurel by 6 runs. Does this means Clay is the team to beat in that district?

Harlan County took two easy games from Harlan and Middlesboro took two easy games from Bell County.

SL split with Williamsburg!!! WOW. I bet that was quite the celebration after that game. It had to have been a while.

Oh and Lynn Camp beats Pineville.
If Corbin wins tonight they lock up #1 seed in district.
Oddly enough, if you go to maxpreps and look at their predictor for the regional championship, this is the order produced by their algorithm.

1. Corbin
2. Middlesboro
3. South Laurel
4. Clay County
5. Knox Central
6. North Laurel
7. Jackson County
8. Harlan County
9. Whitley County
10. Barbourville
11. Williamsburg
12. Lynn Camp
13. Harlan
14. Pineville
15. OBI
16. Bell County
17. Red Bird

Thoughts?
Clay played really good last night. Beating Knox and North should give them confidence going forward. Playing a really good Corbin team tomorrow night. Should be an interesting game.
That's probably fair, based on what teams have done so far. Knox Central is still a bigger mystery to me than anyone in the region, their results aren't anywhere close to their talent level. North at least has some fallback since Griebel hasn't thrown, although I think overall they have been disappointing too. If Bville can push Central like that, then maybe there won't be any gimmes in the first round of the region. Who will have enough pitching to win three straight? Has potential to be a great regional.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:Oddly enough, if you go to maxpreps and look at their predictor for the regional championship, this is the order produced by their algorithm.

1. Corbin
2. Middlesboro
3. South Laurel
4. Clay County
5. Knox Central
6. North Laurel
7. Jackson County
8. Harlan County
9. Whitley County
10. Barbourville
11. Williamsburg
12. Lynn Camp
13. Harlan
14. Pineville
15. OBI
16. Bell County
17. Red Bird

Thoughts?

That is fairly close, I think. North is a little too low and Jackson a little too high. Bell is not real strong but they are still better than OBI and Pineville, I believe.
By the way MHS, when does Middlesboro play in All-A state, and do you know who they play yet?
CoachNM0523 Wrote:If Corbin wins tonight they lock up #1 seed in district.

If I'm not mistaken, that will also put Whitley as the 4 seed since they split with wburg also. So Whitley and Corbin will be playing in the first round of District

Just ridicolous. But let's keep adams and miss the region every year.
Van Hagar Wrote:By the way MHS, when does Middlesboro play in All-A state, and do you know who they play yet?

They will play at 2:30 on May 6th. They will face the winner of Pikeville and West Carter. On paper, Pikeville looks very strong.
In regards to those rankings I would argue that no one really wants to face NL or HC in the first round of region, regardless of their team record. Both have a pretty good ace that would force you to pitch up pretty immediately.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next