•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th Region Baseball
lol This is humorous. "Stop talking to me!"

We started pointing out alarming trends about the continual under performance of Whitley County baseball and you took offense. I am sorry that I expected more of them than what they are accomplishing. Perhaps that will help.

From now on, we will all significantly lower our standards of the program so that in the future, we don't point out losses to a school with <250 people and that way, you never feel attacked.
Are you really that stupid. All you have to do is stop responding to my post, but you are like a teenager. This has nothing to do with you.
Read my post, if you can, read the three I posted. It has nothing to do with wins and loses. I am sick of this clown, Gutless. If you don't like it, stop responding.
It sounds really simple to me guys, stop responding to this guy. Not very hard.
In other news, Corbin beat Knox 5-0. Cole Brock pitched 7 shutout innings, and hit two homeruns. A single shot in the first, and a three run shot in the 5th or 6th.
Thank you
On a more positive note Corbin 5 Knox 0. Both teams played extremely well I think each team had one error.
Bye Felicia!
This guy is so stupid he doesn't realize he is talking about his coach as well.
Nice game by Cole Brock.

Also, if anyone were to check the statewide player stats they would see that Harlan has a couple of hitters in the top 10 in BA. Lol Does anyone else think that may be a bit inaccurate?
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:Nice game by Cole Brock.

Also, if anyone were to check the statewide player stats they would see that Harlan has a couple of hitters in the top 10 in BA. Lol Does anyone else think that may be a bit inaccurate?
If you found the stats on max preps, sometimes games get duplicated it happened to us and I emailed them and they corrected it within 24 hours. Not saying that is the case here but you can view and if it looks like they have dups you can send them an email to correct. And you are spot on Cole had an amazing game he is a great kid and excellent ball player, very proud of that young man. He has been a very good leader to his young squad by his actions, and the way he plays day in and day out. He never shows emotion and that keeps the team calm and relaxed. He would be a big asset to a team at the next level.
As of May 2, per the KHSAA website, Noah Busroe of Harlan is hitting .600. Jack Capobianco is hitting .529 and is 14th. Jake Harrison of Williamsburg is 20th at .516.

In terms of HRs:
9. Andrew Martin NL - 5 (87 PA)
Cole Brock (Corbin) - 5 (86 PA)
Tyler McCullough (MHS) - 5 (72 PA)
Jacob Nelson (KC) - 5 (47 PA)

On the pitching side in strikeouts:
5. Tyler McCullough - 82 (45.2 IP)
8. Jared Sizemore - 76 (42 IP)
23 . Will Varner - 56 (30 IP)

Wins:
2. Tyler McCullough - 7 (7-1 record overall)

Fielding %
1. Brendan Rutherford - 1.000 (149 PO, 149 TC, and 0 E) - this is pretty impressive.

http://khsaa.org/2017-baseball-stat-leaders/
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:As of May 2, per the KHSAA website, Noah Busroe of Harlan is hitting .600. Jack Capobianco is hitting .529 and is 14th. Jake Harrison of Williamsburg is 20th at .516.

In terms of HRs:
9. Andrew Martin NL - 5 (87 PA)
Cole Brock (Corbin) - 5 (86 PA)
Tyler McCullough (MHS) - 5 (72 PA)
Jacob Nelson (KC) - 5 (47 PA)

On the pitching side in strikeouts:
5. Tyler McCullough - 82 (45.2 IP)
8. Jared Sizemore - 76 (42 IP)
23 . Will Varner - 56 (30 IP)

Wins:
2. Tyler McCullough - 7 (7-1 record overall)

Fielding %
1. Brendan Rutherford - 1.000 (149 PO, 149 TC, and 0 E) - this is pretty impressive.

http://khsaa.org/2017-baseball-stat-leaders/
Slugging % - well represented w/ 13th region

Jake Harrison WHS@ #7 w/ .967
Jacob Nelson KNOX@ #11 w/ .894
Chase Estep CORBIN @ #15 w/ .866
Jack Cappobianco NORTH @ #16 w/ .828
Cole Brock CORBIN @ #25 w/ .802

also mention Jake Harrison has 5 HR's total but 2 were based on JV games played in Florida- so 3 Varsity games with 41 PA + Cole Brock hit his #6 & #7 yesterday against Knox as well...

13th Region should have an all star team w/ kids from around here
baller1989 Wrote:Slugging % - well represented w/ 13th region

Jake Harrison WHS@ #7 w/ .967
Jacob Nelson KNOX@ #11 w/ .894
Chase Estep CORBIN @ #15 w/ .866
Jack Cappobianco NORTH @ #16 w/ .828
Cole Brock CORBIN @ #25 w/ .802

also mention Jake Harrison has 5 HR's total but 2 were based on JV games played in Florida- so 3 Varsity games with 41 PA + Cole Brock hit his #6 & #7 yesterday against Knox as well...

13th Region should have an all star team w/ kids from around here

Every year Corbin is doubted in both basketball and baseball it seems they end up having a kid come out of nowhere to have spectacular years.
Everybody knew Brock but I doubt anyone thought he would have this kind of season.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Every year Corbin is doubted in both basketball and baseball it seems they end up having a kid come out of nowhere to have spectacular years.
Everybody knew Brock but I doubt anyone thought he would have this kind of season.

Cole goes yard again, Corbin 10 West Jessamine 6.
Middlesboro beats Williamsburg tonight, 4-1. Middlesboro threw mostly staff with Spurlock throwing the most innings. Williamsburg threw Bowen.
Weather putting most games off this weekend
A few games around the region last night:

Jackson County 11 Williamsburg 6
Harlan 2 Lynn Camp 0
Corbin 14 Barbourville 3
Knox Central 4 Whitley County 1
Clay County 4 Harlan County 1
Somerset 14 South Laurel 2

Middlesboro will face Knox Central today and neither McCullough nor Spurlock are eligible to pitch so that game could get interesting. I would expect either Mike or Elkins to be on the mound.
Corbin at North Laurel tonight also, be interesting to see how much if any Griebel throws for North and whether Brock throws for Corbin.
Van Hagar Wrote:Corbin at North Laurel tonight also, be interesting to see how much if any Griebel throws for North and whether Brock throws for Corbin.

I didn't see that on KHSAA. You're right, huge matchup.
I see Middlesboro still has that crying assistant coach on first. What is with this guy?
His name is David Kelley. He is just a fierce competitor. Came through MHS when neither the football nor the baseball lost too many games so its tough for him to accept mistakes and what not.
Panthers 8 Middlesboro 1 Final.
Anybody have an update on the Corbin/North Laurel game?
North won 10-3. I'll update with some details as soon as I get a chance.
Corbin jumped out 2-0, but after that North really hit it well and junior Matt Brooks settled down and pitched well. Had to leave before end of game, think Griebel threw last inning for North, Brock didn't throw at all.
Who hosts region this year?
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Who hosts region this year?

North.
13th Region Rankings as of 5-10-17:
1. Corbin
2. Knox Central
3. Middlesboro-
4. North Laurel- peaking at the right time!
5. Clay Co.
6. South Laurel
7. Harlan Co. -
8. Whitley Co.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next