•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th Region Baseball
With Griebel back and healthy I'm ready to defend that region crown, North is a different ball team with him as our ace
Brock looked sharp today for Corbin in their win over Middlesboro. McCullough on the other hand, did not look his best.
Brock is the best player in region this year. Watched him strike 12 out for M'boro and is a hitting machine.
This young man can play at the next level. McCullough didn't look sharp and Corbin knocked him off the hill early..
Bobcat4years Wrote:Brock is the best player in region this year. Watched him strike 12 out for M'boro and is a hitting machine.
This young man can play at the next level. McCullough didn't look sharp and Corbin knocked him off the hill early..
Cole is def. in the conversation and not sure who else I would choose? He is on fire and playing above most right now. He should play at the next level, but hear the kid doesn't really want too? He has offers, NAIA, from what I understand, but the kid has said he doesn't want to play? I'm wondering if he got an offer from NCAA D2 or D1 would he entertain the idea more? He is a good kid and talented obviously!! Would like to see his talents at the next level..
Cole Brock has now tied school record for homeruns in a single season as of 5/18/2017
The 13th Region final regular season rankings:
1. Corbin
2. Knox Central- hitting strid
3. North Laurel
4. Middlesboro- struggle late
5. South Laurel
6. Clay Co.
7. Whitley Co.
8. Jackson Co
9. Harlan Co.
10. Barbourville
11. Harlan
12. Williamsburg
13. Lynn Camp
14. Bell Co.
15. OBI
16. Pineville
17. Red Bird
Quote Reply
Which team has the best #2 pitcher? That's my pick to win the region.
The Outsider Wrote:Which team has the best #2 pitcher? That's my pick to win the region.
The Stancil kid from Corbin has looked good. Threw a perfect game through 5 in one game then threw against Tate's Creek when they won 11-1. I've just got to see him once though.
The Outsider Wrote:Which team has the best #2 pitcher? That's my pick to win the region.

NL of course, Capobianco or Nantz either one, you pick!!
Well, I'm a North guy and they do have some nice depth on the pitching staff, but so does KC and Corbin. Just like last year, I'm going with whoever draws the runner-up from the KC district, they should be able to throw off in round one, something no one else should be able to do.
North and Corbin has the best one and two pitcher.
Middlesboro and Corbin has the best number one.
I'm giving North the edge come region time, because they are at home and playing much better. Peaking at the right time.
My district upset would be the Whitley Co. shocking the region with upset over Corbin.
Watched Whitley and Middlesboro and Whitley looked much better than earlier in the season.
Corbin will be the higher seed, so they'll bat last, they're playing at home, and since it's an elimination game they will throw Brock who has had a really good year. And even with all that, I think it might happen too🤓that Whitley could pull it off. I also think Clay/Jackson is not a slam dunk for Clay. It's at Jackson, and they have been much improved over the last two years, took Clay to nine innings in district last year.
Bobcat4years Wrote:North and Corbin has the best one and two pitcher.
Middlesboro and Corbin has the best number one.
I'm giving North the edge come region time, because they are at home and playing much better. Peaking at the right time.
My district upset would be the Whitley Co. shocking the region with upset over Corbin.
Watched Whitley and Middlesboro and Whitley looked much better than earlier in the season.

I'm with you, when Griebel is healthy he's still the best player in the region and he looks to be 100% for us right now aka our peaking at the right time. Think we're doing another North Laurel and Knox Central for all the chips region tourney!!
NextGeneration Wrote:The boys are back out of the closet!!! Welcome back. Good start for the baseball season. Make sure to keep us up on all those stats.

Well MHSparent, time to close it down until next year. See you next baseball season. Just saying since you vowed not to go back to football and basketball forum. LOL
Lol who knows, I may peek over there from time to time. Just won't be making any predictions anytime soon.
Thoughts on the 13th Region preseason this year? Who’s got what?
Corbin is loaded, basically same team minus Brock. Most played high level travel ball all summer and are tearing the ball up. Hitting is about ten times better, fielding will be better, pitching should be strong but that is where we will miss Brock, he was about a guaranteed win.
Go Colonels!
Knox Central has to be favored to repeat with the pitching they have coming back. Corbin is a definite contender, although losing Brock from the top of the rotation hurts. North, which has made it to at least the region final four for the last eight years, winning it twice, should be good, but losing Weston Greibel to graduation leaves some big shoes to fill on the mound for them as well. Other schools will be interesting, Middlesboro with McCullough, Clay Co., Harlan Co., South all could be pretty good. Whitley might be the sleeper because I do feel like they hired a good baseball man, they've had some talent, be interesting to see how he develops it.
Knox lost two, they have Payne and Jackson coming back. Pitching won’t be ahead of any of the big threats, almost every team has a couple they can depend on. It is a very balanced region this year.
I think this is the year that Corbin finds out what they have in their coach. No excuses this year. The talent is there, and they're upperclassmen. It's time to win the region.
Whitley dark horse maybe, what will help them is a new baseball man with new work ethic and knowledge of the game. What will hurt them are soft players, kids on that team that when the going gets tough they quit on their teammates and go play another sport. Good luck new coach you will need it.
I know another player that abandoned his team.
What's going on around the 13th? Anybody got any info they can share?
Whitley will be much improved as will south with new coaches, Middlesboro will be tough with mccoughly on mound. North will be good with Nantz, Corbin is tearing the cover off the ball, Knox will have Payne and Jackson, not sure about clay and Harlan. Barbourville will be better a couple kids coming back out and the addition of another they shouldn’t be over looked. Bell and Lynn camp couldn’t give you one ounce of opinion for those clubs because I haven’t heard, Williamsburg will be good when Camo is on mound, but I don’t think they have anything when he is not. That is my 13th in a nutshell, would like to hear from others since the season has started and the kids have had some good weather for outdoor practices.
Whitley finally has a baseball coach that won't blow big leads late. They will be dangerous.
Rainingthrees Wrote:Whitley dark horse maybe, what will help them is a new baseball man with new work ethic and knowledge of the game. What will hurt them are soft players, kids on that team that when the going gets tough they quit on their teammates and go play another sport. Good luck new coach you will need it.

There will be no soft players for this coach unless it's you.
TheColonel Wrote:I know another player that abandoned his team.

Who?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Whitley finally has a baseball coach that won't blow big leads late. They will be dangerous.

Must go along with his blown calls as a ref. Confusednicker:
I'm hoping for a competitive 13th from all schools. Seems like this years Sr. class is one of the best for the region we've had, collectively, in a while and would like to see good performances from their teams and invidvidually
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next