Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frankfort Christian & The David School apply for KHSAA membership
Per the latest KHSAA BOC meeting, Frankfort Christian and the David School have applied for membership.

Not sure if Frankfort Christian has been in the KHSAA before.

The David School was in the 15th region for about three seasons back in the mid 2000's. If I had to guess, they are wanting the same deal the Piarist school is getting. Not play any post season games, but get a cut of the district tournament proceeds and fund their entire athletic program for the upcoming year. It will be a few years before they get approved, but they will not get any 15th region tournament proceeds once the Super Regional starts next year.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Super region was passed for those regions with 16 or fewer schools. The David School is applying for a KHSAA membership again for next year giving the 15th region 17 teams and therefore making them ineligible for a Super Region according to KHSAA bylaws. Is the Super Region nixed now because of David joining 15th region again?
Where is there application at? I figured it would be online the way Holy Family's was a couple of years ago.
The 15th Region Super Regional tournament format is 100% going to happen. Somebody who would know the in's & out's of this situation, and I trust, messaged me and said it will be finalized on March 28th. The David school won't be in for years anyways.... and the Super Regional is only a two year pilot plan.
I wonder if The Piarist school and The Davis school are gonna schedule mutual skiing trips during the week of district tournaments from now on.....?
If I had to guess... The David School will be placed in the 58th District.

Prestonsburg, Betsy Layne, Floyd Central, Lawrence County & The David School.

I wonder if they will get their old head coach, Mr. Ned Pillersdorf, Esq., to take the reigns this time around?
Are they a time limit to let them know