Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Judge rules in favor of Perry Central students again
I'll post a copy of the order in a minute
I'm shocked, I say!
Nothing shocks me, but this probably comes as a shock to a lot of people.
A lot of misinformation floating around with this one.

The tl;dr version of this goes as follows.

KHSAA ruled them ineligible because of the foreign exchange student deal at JBS, but they are NOT foreign exchange students.

They should have sat out a year at JBS, but JBS administration messed that up.

They switched host families because of a bad living situation and moved to Perry County schools with the host family's daughter.

The order states the classes they need to qualify for athletic scholarships would have to be taken online at JBS but offered at Perry Central as part of the normal curriculum.

Finally, the judge rules the KHSAA didn't give them their due process and it would cause irreparable damage to prevent them from playing basketball.
Well were the wait and see people now?

Crickets....
Zaga.....about four lies in that post. Wow. Khsaa has no power. Bad living situation is hilarious!
brinkley Wrote:Zaga.....about four lies in that post. Wow. Khsaa has no power. Bad living situation is hilarious!

I couldn't corroborate any of that information unless I had a lot more time on my hands or my day job was as an investigative reporter.

I'm just summarizing the open record.
I'll also add the KHSAA can appeal this ruling.
Those are good kids. Glad to see them rule in favor of them.
Sounds as if PCC has taken a page out of Cordia's play book. I just wander if we could be looking at the death penalty ??
So are they allowed to play or no?
Zaga you are the man!
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:Sounds as if PCC has taken a page out of Cordia's play book. I just wander if we could be looking at the death penalty ??

Nowhere near the same. Perry has 3 transfers. Cordia literally had around 11 at one point. And mark it down. Perry will not receive any punishment of any kind.
I don't think pcc get in any trouble because money talk.
I think pcc just has 2 transfers. and cordia had violations like paying the players and housing them and plane tickets bought for players and a lot more violations. yes they can play unless something happens between now and game time tomorrow night. sounds to me like the khsaa dropped the ball on this one. the last line in the documents said it was appealable so can the khsaa get a federal judge to overturn this order before tomorrow night
What's right for one team is right for another. This shows the whole state that it is ok to recruit. The door will be wide open next season. My advice is for all local kids is to learn how to shoot pool .
hitter Wrote:I think pcc just has 2 transfers. and cordia had violations like paying the players and housing them and plane tickets bought for players and a lot more violations. yes they can play unless something happens between now and game time tomorrow night. sounds to me like the khsaa dropped the ball on this one. the last line in the documents said it was appealable so can the khsaa get a federal judge to overturn this order before tomorrow night

The KHSAA can appeal to a higher court, but I don't think it's possible for it to happen that soon.
postman Wrote:What's right for one team is right for another. This shows the whole state that it is ok to recruit. The door will be wide open next season. My advice is for all local kids is to learn how to shoot pool .

Charter schools are now legal in Kentucky. :truestory:
So they do get to play in the regional correct?
Yes
Yeah, to bad for the kids that have played and gave their all so far this season and end up on the bench!
I'm glad for PCC. To see adults dog those kids and the school like they have all year, whine about that. Good for those boys. You can't make memories that are equivalent to the ones you make playing high school sports, especially come tournament time. Hope they make it to rupp and win a few.
Great boys great host family, all you jealous people just learn to live with it. Remember it's about the kids
I'll also post this screenshot from the judge's ruling.

[Image:

]
Glad they can play seem like good kids
[Image: https://i.imgflip.com/1kl3bq.jpg] Bolz its on like donkey kong! Like my ole buddy Pecos Bill says! Not surprising! JPC told JT let em play boi! Ole Fatpat looking forward to a rematch brutha! #alwaysaplan More mash taters please!!!
[Image: http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2012/01/yes-rudy1.gif] Well done Perry! Well done! Ole Fatpat ready and Pat Nation is fired up! Fire trucks are on call for post championship! #Knottbolzbeready More mash taters please!!!
Big Don Wrote:Yeah, to bad for the kids that have played and gave their all so far this season and end up on the bench!

And so have Prince and Idris. Best players deserve to play.. teammates shouldn't be waiting for each other to be ruled ineligible...
I think back to all the posters that were talking gloom and doom not only for the school but for these kids. Now the truth has come out in court and where are the ones that knew what was going to happen. There are a lot of adults in this area who have tried to take away the right of these kids to play a sport and should be ashamed but I'm sure they're not. These two boys are part of a family now that want nothing but the best for them, but the host family have been accused of everything from using them to get jobs to investing in them for money. Now that the truth is out it would be nice to see some of these posters apologizing on this thread to the kids and family