Raceland's Isaac Wallace Commits to Marshall
Congrats to Isaac:Thumbs:
Congrats young man, well deserved.
Couldnt be prouder of this kid.
Congratulations Issac Wallace from 64SUR :worthy:
Is this as a walk-on?
Walk-on or not Congrats..
Congrats !
I just don't understand why athletes can't be labeled "walk-ons". The headline looks good, but there's a part of the story missing. I think I just agreed with Trump on the fake news conundrum.
The term "walk-on" seems to have garnered a bad terminology or a negative thing. There are countless kids out there that played the last football game of their lives that would kill for the chance to simply walk-on somewhere. I refuse to allow this to become a negative thread. Congrats big Isaac! Be it full ride or walk on, you have worked hard toward, and earned this accomplishment.
congrats big ice. always enjoyed watching you play
Scrappy lives!!!
Isaac will be a preferred walk on , nothing wrong with that he had other opertunties but wanted to stay close to home
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Isaac will be a preferred walk on , nothing wrong with that he had other opertunties but wanted to stay close to home

Doesn't mean he won't eventually be on scholarship. Heck of a player.
I'm not trying to make any comparisons, but wasn't JJ Watts initially a walk-on at Wisconsin? Too many times when people hear walk-on, the first thing they think of is Rudy.
Redneck Wrote:Doesn't mean he won't eventually be on scholarship. Heck of a player.

Not necessarily, two kids from JC walked on at UK and one has quit the other is a kicker so time will tell, this per KSR
Congrats. Always nice to hear of a kid continuing his play and education.
Good luck to the kid on the field AND in the classroom.
Redneck Wrote:Doesn't mean he won't eventually be on scholarship. Heck of a player.

I wasn't saying he wouldn't end up with one , not sure of your point
anotherfootballnut Wrote:I wasn't saying he wouldn't end up with one , not sure of your point

I was agreeing with you bub. You said there was nothing wrong with him being a preferred walk-on, he turned down other opportunities. My reply wasn't to question you or disagree.