Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have lock for an Oscar-winning screenplay
It's about an undocumented gay black transgender guy living in government housing in a sanctuary city converting to Islam while putting himself through college with scholarships, student loans, food stamps and sideline work as a paid protester.

Trying to come up with a title that is worthy of my brilliant work.
jetpilot Wrote:It's about an undocumented gay black transgender guy living in government housing in a sanctuary city converting to Islam while putting himself through college with scholarships, student loans, food stamps and sideline work as a paid protester.

LOL, some Hollywood jerk already used the perfect title in a movie called La La Land.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
⬆️

If the protagonist of your tale ends up developing a cure for cancer, might I suggest "The American Dream"?

Of course, if said protagonist ends up blowing up a Jewish synagogue before a neo Nazi, alt right wing nut case does, perhaps, "TRT's World."
^^ A quick check with the search tool reveals my earliest record of having used the term La-La Land on here was in January of 2013, though I know I first used it much earlier. Still that predates the release of the film in question by nearly 5 years, half a decade.

My guess is you're pretty deep into the soaps, so I can see why you'd be offended by the loose reference.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:^^ A quick check with the search tool reveals my earliest record of having used the term La-La Land on here was in January of 2013, though I know I first used it much earlier. Still that predates the release of the film in question by nearly 5 years, half a decade.

My guess is you're pretty deep into the soaps, so I can see why you'd be offended by the loose reference.

Whenever you evidence knowledge that brevity is, indeed, the soul of wit, I'm so relieved I could care less what you say.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:⬆️

If the protagonist of your tale ends up developing a cure for cancer, might I suggest "The American Dream"?

Of course, if said protagonist ends up blowing up a Jewish synagogue before a neo Nazi, alt right wing nut case does, perhaps, "TRT's World."

The fact that you think he is the protagonist means my screenplay has hit the right target and will make me millions and sweep the Oscars...in fact they will probably make up new Oscars to give me.:Cheerlead
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Whenever you evidence knowledge that brevity is, indeed, the soul of wit, I'm so relieved I could care less what you say.

And yet it is past your ability to resist trying me on every thinkable subject.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
jetpilot Wrote:The fact that you think he is the protagonist means my screenplay has hit the right target and will make me millions and sweep the Oscars...in fact they will probably make up new Oscars to give me.:Cheerlead

Just going by the synopsis you offered. Unless, of course, native hill boy take offense at use of a word he deems uppity. Get over yourself.
TheRealThing Wrote:And yet it is past your ability to resist trying me on every thinkable subject.

"Trying," "succeeding"

Potato Potata
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Just going by the synopsis you offered. Unless, of course, native hill boy take offense at use of a word he deems uppity. Get over yourself.

Lame. I didn't offer any synopsis in which he was the protagonist. You made it up.
jetpilot Wrote:Lame. I didn't offer any synopsis in which he was the protagonist. You made it up.

Ah, how naked go the sometimes nude. Whatever gets you through the night. But, as you suggest it is a "brilliant work" and offer events in sequence (plot synopsis) and seek suggestions for a title, eh, that's a protagonist.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:"Trying," "succeeding"

Potato Potata

The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Ah, how naked go the sometimes nude. Whatever gets you through the night. But, as you suggest it is a "brilliant work" and offer events in sequence (plot synopsis) and seek suggestions for a title, eh, that's a protagonist.

Again we see it demonstrated, the sometimes Sombrero has no clothes.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Again we see it demonstrated, the sometimes Sombrero has no clothes.

Again, we see it demonstrated the alt right takes itself so very seriously. Lighten up, Francis. This whole thread is a joke, from start to finish.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Again, we see it demonstrated the alt right takes itself so very seriously. Lighten up, Francis. This whole thread is a joke, from start to finish.

Whew, that's a relief! I'm so glad you're here to explain the hard stuff to me. :biggrin: That and watching how clever you are with reusing all my material. Keep up the good work.:Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Whew, that's a relief! I'm so glad you're here to explain the hard stuff to me. :biggrin: That and watching how clever you are with reusing all my material. Keep up the good work.:Thumbs:

You do realize the reference to FRIENDS and Phoebe Buffay? Which, per usual, makes your crowing a squawking into the wind. Per usual.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:You do realize the reference to FRIENDS and Phoebe Buffay? Which, per usual, makes your crowing a squawking into the wind. Per usual.

I knew you were a soap opera fan. Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:I knew you were a soap opera fan. Confusednicker:

Well, soap opera = sit com is a bit of a stretch, but alright.
jetpilot Wrote:It's about an undocumented gay black transgender guy living in government housing in a sanctuary city converting to Islam while putting himself through college with scholarships, student loans, food stamps and sideline work as a paid protester.

That sounds a lot like a biographical work based on former President Obama's life story. Just give the title character a drug habit and a stupid looking hat and call it O!