Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tilghman job open
Per announcement at school yesterday, Kurt Barber is no longer the FBC. Not exactly sure what happened but some sort of disciplinary incident at school involving a student.

Program continues to founder and languish. Whether Barber, a former pro player and college coach, was the man to do the big turnaround I guess will never be resolved.
Unfortunate turn of events. PT will be a great job if they can ever re-establish some stability in their program.
The Blue Tornado ain't what she used to be, that's for sure.
That's a shame, they can't get a coach that can handle all the issues. The Principle, Asst. Principle should be handling the discipline it seems to me.
This happened months ago. If the administration doesn't already have people lined up to take over this squad its a real disservice to the kids.
Jackson Purchase Wrote:This happened months ago. If the administration doesn't already have people lined up to take over this squad its a real disservice to the kids.

I thought there was a second incident more recently? Maybe I've just misunderstood, but I thought there was a second and this was stemming from that?
Yes. I'm getting more details from others. This is another (supposedly on film) incident. I can't say anymore...........First rule of Fight club, is don't talk about Fight Club.
The incident from last year was resolved. There was a very recent physical incident that could not be explained away. Sort of makes you wonder where the resource officer was.
Jackson Purchase Wrote:Yes. I'm getting more details from others. This is another (supposedly on film) incident. I can't say anymore...........First rule of Fight club, is don't talk about Fight Club.

In this case, I think the first rule of Fight Club should have been "Don't be a teacher who fights kids on camera."

But, I don't think that ties in to the movie as well.....
Don't you think if their had been a fight, and a video, and the teacher was in the wrong he would have been prosecuted???????
Possibly. He could have violated school procedures and not necessarily violated the law. I have no idea in the matter, but that would be my best guess. Shame his time at PT had to end like this, seemed like a nice guy. But this is a setback for the PT program.
The next coach will be the 4th in 5 years. It's going to be a late in the year higher on top of that when most head coaches are in the middle or finishing up spring practice.

Where do the F5's go now?
I know of the player involved. He's big, bad and in/out of trouble all the time. Barber is old school. In his day coaches used any number of physical tools to reel players in. Most 40-50 year old ex players had there face masks jerked around, helmets slapped, pushed and shoved, grabbed, restrained, etc. My guess is this kid threatened or acted in a manner of harm that Barber felt was out of control. Probably grabbed and restrained him rough, maybe even very rough (he is a former NFL defensive end). Perhaps like a coach would have 30 years ago. All in all, its my bet Kurt was probably trying to save this kids LIFE. Before he hurts someone and ends up in jail. Becomes an all out criminal.
Well, there's a fine line between restraint and assault. And it's really really obvious.
YOU'VE SEEN THE FOOTAGE ? Are we really talking about a strike with a closed or open hand? So the rumors about "No Charges" with resignation have merit?
Well here is a link to the job posting. I'm sure people will be knocking down the front door for that $10,000.

https://paducah.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=787
According to the website the job posting closes on Wednesday March 22nd.
22nd is awful close, they must have an applicant lined up Maybe the track coach is back, he did win a state title.
blue55 Wrote:22nd is awful close, they must have an applicant lined up Maybe the track coach is back, he did win a state title.

Could be?

The process with jobs from this time of year through the summer are usually a bit quicker, though due to admin having a better idea of what teaching jobs are (or could be) available. In this case, there is also a teaching spot coming attached with it.

I'd say they are wanting to speed up the process and not drag their feet.

This is about to be their 4th head coach in five years. That isn't a good look, and I'd say the powers to be know that.....so, trying to counter that....my guess anyway.
Where did Mike Rogers go? Is he still teaching at Tilghman or somewhere else?
Rogers resigned after he sensed he was not getting the cooperation from other coaches and the Tilghman administration that he felt he deserved. That's a diplomatic a way to say it.

It's pretty clear that former coach Randy Wyatt was still very much involved in the program under Kurt Barber, but not with Rogers.

The friendship between Tilghman Principal Art Davis and Wyatt seems to be very durable. One would expect Wyatt to have some level of input into naming Barber's successor.