9/8 Leslie Co Away
9/15 Bell Co Home
9/22 E. Jessimine Away
9/29 North Laurel Home
10/6 Perry County Away
10/13 Harlan County Home
10/20 Letcher Cent. Away
10/27 Hazard Home

Whitley should return over 20 seniors this year. Biggest group of seniors ive seen in a long time at Whitley.
I hope y'all win all but one. Good luck colonels! Hope you beat north by 80.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:8/17 Corbin Home
8/25 Open
9/1 Rockcastle Co Away
9/8 Leslie Co Away
9/15 Bell Co Home
9/22 E. Jessimine Away
9/29 North Laurel Home
10/6 Perry County Away
10/13 Harlan County Home
10/20 Letcher Cent. Away
10/27 Hazard Home

Whitley should return over 20 seniors this year. Biggest group of seniors ive seen in a long time at Whitley.

Any new faces? Smile
Should have excellent season this should have been Wilson third year as starter but will do awesome as a two year starter, he is clutch I would take him all day. Plus adding Kidd in backfield they are finally a dual threat team.
Bossdaddy Wrote:Should have excellent season this should have been Wilson third year as starter but will do awesome as a two year starter, he is clutch I would take him all day. Plus adding Kidd in backfield they are finally a dual threat team.

Which Kidd ?
I don't think I've ever seen a team that returned 20 starters! Colonels should definitely contend this year, if they stay healthy.
Looking forward to the Corbin vs Whitley game this season! Should be fun to watch!
Granny Bear Wrote:I don't think I've ever seen a team that returned 20 starters! Colonels should definitely contend this year, if they stay healthy.

starters or seniors?
I'm glad to see Rockcastle back on the schedule. I have no idea how good this year's version will be. Lost a lot of seniors with this graduating class which was the last class that either of my kids had any ties to. I used to like the game though.
papagrit Wrote:I'm glad to see Rockcastle back on the schedule. I have no idea how good this year's version will be. Lost a lot of seniors with this graduating class which was the last class that either of my kids had any ties to. I used to like the game though.

A good reason for me to go by Marcella's and have a Rocket Burger Smile
The Colonels finish 8-2 is my best guess....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
pjdoug Wrote:Which Kidd ?

Colin Kidd
Bossdaddy Wrote:Colin Kidd

When did he transfer out of the Corbin school system?
4 yrs ago
Bossdaddy Wrote:Colin Kidd

I thought maybe they got another Kidd when you said adding him to the backfield.
Will they be able to beat Corbin?
Corbin is loaded this year. Tall task for Colonels.
Tman67 Wrote:Will they be able to beat Corbin?

When they add a few top recruits Smile. Seriously, How is Whitley County's feeder program doing? decent coaches at all levels ? Will they ever add another middle school ?
Smile
I'd say it starts at the middle school level. Whitley is pulling from a bunch of schools into their middle school and only had 13 kids play 7th grade football last season. And that team had solid players. But if you have a full team at Oak Grove, Central, Boston, Pleasant View, and whatever other teams. How aren't they pulling more than 13? I believe on a larger scale, the more successful programs in high school have solid numbers and excellent middle school teams.
CoachNM0523 Wrote:I'd say it starts at the middle school level. Whitley is pulling from a bunch of schools into their middle school and only had 13 kids play 7th grade football last season. And that team had solid players. But if you have a full team at Oak Grove, Central, Boston, Pleasant View, and whatever other teams. How aren't they pulling more than 13? I believe on a larger scale, the more successful programs in high school have solid numbers and excellent middle school teams.

Add East, Central Intermediate and North to the list,and they probably should have another middle school. I agree with you. 13 is a crazy number and definitely needs to improve.
^ And a lot of the middle schoolers transfer before they get to the high school.
hopefully that changes .
CoachNM0523 Wrote:I'd say it starts at the middle school level. Whitley is pulling from a bunch of schools into their middle school and only had 13 kids play 7th grade football last season. And that team had solid players. But if you have a full team at Oak Grove, Central, Boston, Pleasant View, and whatever other teams. How aren't they pulling more than 13? I believe on a larger scale, the more successful programs in high school have solid numbers and excellent middle school teams.

I honestly don't know how many kids were out last year for Whitley, but if it was only 13, then that entire coaching staff needs cut now.
If it was only 13, there is no excuse for that.
Fox regularly had 30 to 40 players for 7th and 8th grade.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I honestly don't know how many kids were out last year for Whitley, but if it was only 13, then that entire coaching staff needs cut now.

Fox was top notch. We need another coach of his caliber.
pjdoug Wrote:Fox was top notch. We need another coach of his caliber.

No doubt, Fox is a good guy.
The Outsider Wrote:No doubt, Fox is a good guy.

Who coaches the elementary schools now ?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I honestly don't know how many kids were out last year for Whitley, but if it was only 13, then that entire coaching staff needs cut now.

The kids liked Donnie and wanted to play for him...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OldJacket Wrote:The kids liked Donnie and wanted to play for him...

Yeah. I still want to play for him. lol

There were solid kids on the 7th grade team. But when you have 13, it's hard to hide the lesser talented kids. It was surprising to me see the numbers for them this season.
CoachNM0523 Wrote:There were solid kids on the 7th grade team. But when you have 13, it's hard to hide the lesser talented kids. It was surprising to me see the numbers for them this season.

is the middle school roster listed online?