Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Courier Journal All - State
Congrats Lindsay Proffitt !!

The only player from the 14th.
Congrats, some nice talent on the list...
Great job. Congrats
Great job. Congrats
Passtheball Wrote:Congrats, some nice talent on the list...

Yes very. The mountains had 3 representing.

Brock
Green
Proffitt
Congrats. Nice honor.
All 3 deserving! Congrats ladies!
Proffitt gets a lot of bad rap but the kid is a game changer. I am glad she is playing with Perry and she has been nothing but an asset to the team.
Here is the complete list of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd teams. Congrats to all the kids:

COURIER-JOURNAL ALL-STATE BASKETBALL TEAMS

As voted by coaches across Kentucky; players listed in order of votes received

FIRST TEAM

Player, school Height Year PPG

Jaelynn Penn, Butler 5-10 Sr. 14.7

Seygan Robins, Mercer County 5-7 Jr. 16.5

Lindsey Duvall, Bullitt East 5-10 Sr. 23.6

Princess Stewart, Franklin County 5-8 Sr. 15.7

Macey Turley, Murray 5-7 Jr. 16.4

Jordan Brock, Harlan 5-5 Sr. 25.5

Ally Niece, Simon Kenton 5-8 Jr. 19.2

Blair Green, Harlan County 6-1 Jr. 23.1

Grace Berger, Sacred Heart 5-11 Jr. 14.4

MacKenzie Coleman, Metcalfe County 6-3 Sr. 29.4

Coach of the Year - Chris Souder, Mercer County

SECOND TEAM

Jada Stinson, Elizabethtown 5-7 Sr. 18.1

Alisha Owens, Henderson County 5-11 Sr. 19.3

Emmy Souder, Mercer County 6-2 Jr. 11.3

Emmie Harris, Boyle County 5-10 Sr. 26.3

Hannah Langhi, Marshall County 6-1 Sr. 18.1

Lindsay Proffitt, Perry County Central 5-9 Jr. 28.5

Kaitlyn Coffey, Russell County 5-9 Sr. 13.7

Ciaja Harbison, Male 5-5 Jr. 13.1

Maddie Waldrop, Murray 6-2 Sr. 12.4

Grace White, Grayson County 5-10 Sr. 16.1

THIRD TEAM

Lily Grimes, Breckinridge County 5-5 Sr. 22.0

Jaela Johnson, Manual 5-5 Jr. 20.0

Kristen Mayo, East Carter 5-8 Sr. 13.2

Whitney O’Mara, Mason County 5-9 Sr. 13.2

Shyla Calbert, Nelson County 5-4 Sr. 16.2

Tasia Jeffries, Butler 5-8 Sr. 10.2

Tonysha Curry, Manual 5-10 Sr. 11.3

Kaylee Clifford, Trimble County 5-11 Sr. 19.8

Teri Goodlett, Butler 5-6 Sr. 9.3

Tyrah McClendon-Englemon, Holmes 5-8 Jr. 12.6
First I want to say congratulations to Profitt for a most deserving award.

However, I believe the 14th region should have had two representatives on the All State team. If things haven't changed over the years these newspaper All State teams are selected by coaches votes statewide. If schools don't get some info out to the state voters it's their own fault if a player like Macie Gibson isn't on one of the three top teams. An average of 29 ppg and 16 rebounds is solid and enough to be a top 20 or 30 player in the state, which she is, as is proven by the fact that she's been chosen on one of the two teams reserved for D-1 caliber players for the Kentucky Premier AAU this summer. I'm happy for Proffit because she is certainly a fantastic player, but the 14th should have had two players on the All State team. Gibson was recently voted the top player in the 14th by the region's coaches, but the newspaper ballots cover the entire state. It's of importance to get letters and Internet info out there because voters in Fulton or Hancock County, for example, and other far reaches of the state don't know much about the 14th region. It's up to the schools to promote their own if they are going to be recognized statewide. Macie deserved to be on no lower than the second team.
Gibson is a great player. In my opinion Proffitt deserved player of the region though. She will never get the recognition around here she deserved because the coaches don't like her family. I'm just glad not all awards depend on this region and she can get the recognition she deserves.
Congrats well deserved
Dr.Basketball Wrote:Gibson is a great player. In my opinion Proffitt deserved player of the region though. She will never get the recognition around here she deserved because the coaches don't like her family. I'm just glad not all awards depend on this region and she can get the recognition she deserves.

I'll have to respectively disagree about the Player of the Year in the region award. I think it went to the right recipient in Gibson.
Both are great players and they will play college basketball for sure
I'm surprised no girl from the 15th region got all state
No one really stood out in the 15th but May from Johnson Central was named MVP of the East/West all star game. Nunemaker also signed with EKU so there def were some solid players in the 15th.
Always good to hear players get a chance to play in college.
Really happy for these girls ,the 15th will be down on talent for the next few years, who are some of the young players that could develop
15th was probably one of the youngest regions in the state overall, probably 8-10 seniors that actually played this year. The 15th will be up as a whole. SV, Belfry, Jenkins, Pike Central lose no one, East Ridge loses one, Johnson Ctral lost 3 but picked up Jarvis, Pikeville returns all but 2, Floyd Central brings back 8 of 10 players from the two consolidated schools. Paintsville returns 4 starters! So saying the 15th will be down is not correct.
Jenkins, Belfry, pike central, East ridge and Floyd central not very strong to begin with and Shelby valley struggles to score. Maybe Pikeville could be decent but lost point guard and JC is questionable, Paintsville is for sure way ahead of the rest
Its a long season so we shall see what happens.
new o Wrote:Its a long season so we shall see what happens.

I wish all these teams the best
One of the teams I did not mention was Pburg which returns all but one kid lost to Knott by 8 at the end of the season but led them most of the game.
We really don't have many good team's in the mountains was what I guess I was trying to say, Perry probably will be the best team in the 14th next year and just lost only one girl, but they do have the profit girl that could be the best in the mountains. She is the complete package and they have a good team but not a great team, JC beat them last year and they really wasn't that good. It seems like the 15th just don't have players like profit and hall from perry and Caudill from hazard. Harlan county will be the best team in the mountains and they have two girls, Green and Gross that are top players also and Sheppard will be in the same category as all these girls soon. Just don't think the 15th has players of this quality. Maybe they are some younger players in the 15th that maybe someday be at this level. Just wondering
At the moment there is only D1 player returning to the mountains which is Green. I am sure there are a few that will play college basketball somewhere and get a free education which is what it's all about. You also left out Higgins which has to be mentioned as one of the best in the mountains.
new o Wrote:At the moment there is only D1 player returning to the mountains which is Green. I am sure there are a few that will play college basketball somewhere and get a free education which is what it's all about. You also left out Higgins which has to be mentioned as one of the best in the mountains.

To be someone that gets on here and acts like you know everything, you are wrong about this. I know for a fact that Proffitt will go D-1 if she chooses. Already has a D-1 offer with several others looking. Gibson and Gross will also probably play D-1.
It is ok 👌 for another kid to have success. It's not always a comparison thing like some like to make it. Lots of good players in this state
new o Wrote:At the moment there is only D1 player returning to the mountains which is Green. I am sure there are a few that will play college basketball somewhere and get a free education which is what it's all about. You also left out Higgins which has to be mentioned as one of the best in the mountains.
Really didn't mean for you boys to get upset, I was just wondering about the young talent in the 15th and that's all
new o Wrote:It is ok 👌 for another kid to have success. It's not always a comparison thing like some like to make it. Lots of good players in this state

I'm always happy when other kids have success. This board is about opinions though and with any discussion about opinions there will be comparisons.

Get on a college or NBA discussion board and all you will see are comparisons. That's part of competition.
I will just cheer them all on and leave it at that.