(5) Stanford (12) DAVIDSON / Southern

(4) NEVADA (13) VERMONT / Amer East

Sacramento
(6) Kentucky (11) Purdue

(3) Washington St (14) LONG BEACH / Big West

Columbus
(7) UNLV (10) Maryland

(2) PITTSBURGH (15) TOLEDO / MAC

Auto bids are in CAPS. Records are D-I only. Play-in game is Central Connecticut St. (NEC) vs. Jackson St. (SWAC).

LAST FOUR IN
Georgia Tech
Purdue
Winthrop (at-large, if needed)
Missouri State

LAST FOUR OUT
Clemson
Georgia
Syracuse
Gonzaga

NEXT FOUR OUT
Illinois
Michigan State
Kansas State
Florida State

BIDS BY CONFERENCE
ACC (7)
Big East (7)
Pac-10 (6)
SEC (5)
Big 12 (5)
Big Ten (4)
Missouri Valley (3)
Mountain West (3)
Atlantic 10 (2)
Horizon (2)

NEW ARRIVALS
Purdue
Rhode Island

OFF THE BOARD
Clemson
Georgia

courtesy of espn.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I see my 5/12 upset. Santa Clara over Virginia, and also WVU over VATech. whats WVU doing as a 12 seed anyway?
^I don't know. But I was thinking the same thing about Santa Clara. They're a hot team right now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IF Kentucky loses at home to LSU and then more than likey at Vandy and Florida and then is a first round exit in the SEC tourney, you won't have to be concerned where the Cats will be playing. They WON'T BE in the NCAA tourney. Say HELLO NIT.
I would think Santa Clara would be a 12 seed just because outside of Gonzaga the only other true "marquee" win is against Stanford. Im not very sure on this but I dont think the West Coast Conference is rated very high in the RPI so that may have something to do with that as well.
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:IF Kentucky loses at home to LSU and then more than likey at Vandy and Florida and then is a first round exit in the SEC tourney, you won't have to be concerned where the Cats will be playing. They WON'T BE in the NCAA tourney. Say HELLO NIT.

Well, since UK will be playing in the NCAA tournament this year, your scenario will not happen.
Kentucky needs 2 more wins to get the 'magical' 20 wins needed to get into the tourney. With their extemely weak OCC and inability to beat a ranked team, 19 wins just won't cut it with the selection committee. With a weak Georgia and somewhat average LSU left on the schedule, UK just may 'squeeze' into the tourney......Maybe.
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:With their extemely weak OCC

You cant be serious.
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:. With their extemely weak OCC and inability to beat a ranked team

I've been trying to take everything you say lightly, but this is the biggest joke I've ever seen.

How do you explain that they have the #2 Strength of Schedule in the country if their out of conference schedule was so weak?

UCLA and UNC have both been #1 this season.
Memphis is a top 10 team.

UMASS, Santa Clara, Louisville, and Indiana were other quality opponents, of which Indiana and Louisville have been ranked.

UMASS and Santa Clara are both 19-7.

And despite Depauls's 15-11 record they have played and beaten quality teams this season including Kansas and Marquette.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
corndog23 Wrote:You cant be serious.

Totally serious.....Miami Ohio, College of Charleston, Chattanooga, Santa Clara, Massachusetts, Houston, Eastern Kentucky. Only Dook has an OCC weaker than that.
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:Totally serious.....Miami Ohio, College of Charleston, Chattanooga, Santa Clara, Massachusetts, Houston, Eastern Kentucky. Only Dook has an OCC weaker than that.

UMASS and Santa Clara weren't push overs. Santa Clara has beaten Gonzaga and UMASS has beaten Louisville. Their RPI's are very respectable and they are both right in the hunt to win their conferences.

By the way GKS. Weak out of conference schedule you're looking for? Look no further than Florida. 100% easiest schedule in the country.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:Totally serious.....Miami Ohio, College of Charleston, Chattanooga, Santa Clara, Massachusetts, Houston, Eastern Kentucky. Only Dook has an OCC weaker than that.

Buddy, its called Duke, not DOOK, learn how to spell!!
When the post season is over and all of the tournys are over, how long does it take them to come up with the brackets
How many teams out of the West Division of the sec will get a bid.3 teams in the top 25 from the sec and 5 from the so called big easy.Billy Donovan might not have meant it when he said the sec is the best conference in the ncaa.NO Way!!
I cant wait..MARCH MADNESS