• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donald Trump = Dick Nixon
President Trump's firing of FBI Director James Comey today was a political act, not a justifiable one, and hearkens back to Nixon's "you're fired" of Archibald Cox in the Saturday Night Massacre. To quote President Trump, "Wrong."

WHAT IS THE PRESIDENT SEEKING TO HIDE? Tuesday Evening Massacre Light
Comey hints at grand jury: next thing we know, ol' Jed ain't a millionaire, but ol' Don gets a conscience about Comey investigating Hillary? Absurd pretext: total lie. Department of Justice turned into a toady for an unethical businessman turned unethical President.
Better late than never. Trump should have fired Comey and the crook running the IRS on Day 1.
Former FBI Assistant Director Bill Gavin is on as I type this, saying the highly politicized Comey had to go, and Trump was right in firing him. Not pursuing the Clinton escapades finally caught up with him.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:President Trump's firing of FBI Director James Comey today was a political act, not a justifiable one, and hearkens back to Nixon's "you're fired" of Archibald Cox in the Saturday Night Massacre. To quote President Trump, "Wrong."

WHAT IS THE PRESIDENT SEEKING TO HIDE? Tuesday Evening Massacre Light
Oh Baloney Geraldo...Comey should have been fired by Obama back in July...That is if Obama had the first inkling of ethical standards. Which obviously he never did....When Comey politicized his position, he compromised the integrity of the FBI.
It's hard to believe that an Obama fanboy would make a lame attempt to smear anybody with a Nixon comparison. Nixon would have been a super size moral upgrade over Obama. It is a shame that Obama, Hillary, Holder, Lynch, and the rest of that gang of outlaws will likely never be brought to justice.
And besides Obama was Nixon on steroids!!
Bob Seger Wrote:And besides Obama was Nixon on steroids!!

A sitting President fires the FBI Director investigating him and his campaign, and it's Obama's fault, and you can't see a Nixon comparison? "Tuesday Night Massacre Light" suggests no exact comparison being made, but a comparison nonetheless.
^^ Really bothers you huh? You can live with the Dem's ridiculous Russia/Trump allegations, and you can live with the former administration's information gathering, but this is just too much, right? :please:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:^^ Really bothers you huh? You can live with the Dem's ridiculous Russia/Trump allegations, and you can live with the former administration's information gathering, but this is just too much, right? :please:

Second time in US history something akin has happened. The sitting President just fired the FBI Director investigating his campaign and him. Archibald Cox, anyone? This just in: El Chapo has fired the lead investigator in his case and will appoint a replacement tomorrow.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Second time in US history something akin has happened. The sitting President just fired the FBI Director investigating his campaign and him. Archibald Cox, anyone? This just in: El Chapo has fired the lead investigator in his case and will appoint a replacement tomorrow.

Hmmm, amazing that you are upset over this but not at Obama for not firing Comey or Loretta Lynch?.....Excuse me but it's hard to take your outrage seriously.
Everybody I've heard on the matter thinks this has been an auspicious day for this President. Comey was a huge rat in the woodpile, who made personal judgments about which infractions certain high ranking officials should be able to get away with. In other words he was slave to one of the Sombrero's pet vices, rationalization.

According to the news reporting I saw on the matter, mere days before Loretta Lynch was caught in a clandestine (and illegal) meeting with William Jefferson Clinton, and just to seem penitent, said she would abide by the recommendation that the FBI Director was to make regarding the investigative fate of one Hillary Clinton. Clinton who actually does have ties to Russia BTW. And shocker of all shockers, Comey comes in there sideways to relieve the former Secretary of State of any threat of prosecution. This in spite of the fact that FBI Directors don't make such recommendations, and Attorneys General don't cede such authority. If rarity is any kind of qualifier, that has never happened before.

I just wish the President could fire the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals. :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
⬆ "Everybody I've heard on the matter"; thank you for confirming every Patti Partisan assertion that has been directed your way.
Bob Seger Wrote:Hmmm, amazing that you are upset over this but not at Obama for not firing Comey or Loretta Lynch?.....Excuse me but it's hard to take your outrage seriously.

When you eat apples, are they oranges? President Trump fired the Director of the FBI, who was investigating him and his campaign. Apples to oranges.
Here's a stroll down Amnesia Lane: who actually fired Archibald Cox for Nixon? Why, none other than the Solicitor General, that great Constitutional champion, Robert Bork.
God I love this potus.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:When you eat apples, are they oranges? President Trump fired the Director of the FBI, who was investigating him and his campaign. Apples to oranges.
So in other words, no, it did not bother you when Obama did not fire Comey or Lynch...

Speaks volumes , Geraldo.
TheRealThing Wrote:Everybody I've heard on the matter thinks this has been an auspicious day for this President. Comey was a huge rat in the woodpile, who made personal judgments about which infractions certain high ranking officials should be able to get away with. In other words he was slave to one of the Sombrero's pet vices, rationalization.

According to the news reporting I saw on the matter, mere days before Loretta Lynch was caught in a clandestine (and illegal) meeting with William Jefferson Clinton, and just to seem penitent, said she would abide by the recommendation that the FBI Director was to make regarding the investigative fate of one Hillary Clinton. Clinton who actually does have ties to Russia BTW. And shocker of all shockers, Comey comes in there sideways to relieve the former Secretary of State of any threat of prosecution. This in spite of the fact that FBI Directors don't make such recommendations, and Attorneys General don't cede such authority. If rarity is any kind of qualifier, that has never happened before.

I just wish the President could fire the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals.
:Thumbs:
Wanna bet that the 9th Circuit Court will not be the same screwed up disaster that it is now whenever it is that Trump leaves office?
Bob Seger Wrote:So in other words, no, it did not bother you when Obama did not fire Comey or Lynch...

Speaks volumes , Geraldo.

It would have been inappropriate for President Obama to fire Comey, but less so than the sitting President to fire an FBI Director in the middle of an investigation involving his campaign, his associates, and he himself. In other words, Homer, speaks volumes about you.
Bob Seger Wrote:Wanna bet that the 9th Circuit Court will not be the same screwed up disaster that it is now whenever it is that Trump leaves office?

Not with my money, maybe Sombrero's. The last 8 years will cost Americans for years to come. Harry Reid invoked the nuclear option so as to seed the courts with the liberal vermin as part of Obama's transformation. All of which goes to show that committed libs are more than willing to force the rest of us into submission.

Hopefully California will make good on their threat to secede.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:It would have been inappropriate for President Obama to fire Comey, but less so than the sitting President to fire an FBI Director in the middle of an investigation involving his campaign, his associates, and he himself. In other words, Homer, speaks volumes about you.

As inappropriate as Bill Clinton's timely meeting with Loretta Lynch on the tarmac? As inappropriate as Hillary Clinton perpetuating the lie about the preacher in Florida being responsible for the fiasco at Benghazi? As inappropriate as Wasserman-Schultz being fired and rehired on the same day for Hillary's campaign?

Start comparing apples to oranges if you will. Evidently apples are the liberal's lies and oranges belong to the conservatives.
Granny Bear Wrote:As inappropriate as Bill Clinton's timely meeting with Loretta Lynch on the tarmac? As inappropriate as Hillary Clinton perpetuating the lie about the preacher in Florida being responsible for the fiasco at Benghazi? As inappropriate as Wasserman-Schultz being fired and rehired on the same day for Hillary's campaign?

Start comparing apples to oranges if you will. Evidently apples are the liberal's lies and oranges belong to the conservatives.

A sitting President fires the FBI Director who is investigating his campaign, associates, and him. And that's the best you got? You minions yammer on and on about how you honor the Constitution, until, until, it's convenient not to. An orange is orange. An apple is red. Grab the tail in front and in a stupor be led.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:A sitting President fires the FBI Director who is investigating his campaign, associates, and him. And that's the best you got? You minions yammer on and on about how you honor the Constitution, until, until, it's convenient not to. An orange is orange. An apple is red. Grab the tail in front and in a stupor be led.

Said lemming number 99. That was an extremely apt post Granny Bear.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Said lemming number 99. That was an extremely apt post Granny Bear.

What, now you're a parrot? Minion.

A sitting President fired the FBI Director investigating his campaign, his associates, and him. "Ah, no problem, man, abuse of power is what the other team does." Now, I am NOT saying Democrats are not capable of the same kind of abuse of power. Because they are. Had Obama fired Comey while he was investigating Clinton, I would have said the same: abuse of power. Context matters: Comey has been far from perfect in my view, but a President just can't do what Trump just did. Period.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:What, now you're a parrot? Minion.

A sitting President fired the FBI Director investigating his campaign, his associates, and him. "Ah, no problem, man, abuse of power is what the other team does." Now, I am NOT saying Democrats are not capable of the same kind of abuse of power. Because they are. Had Obama fired Comey while he was investigating Clinton, I would have said the same: abuse of power. Context matters: Comey has been far from perfect in my view, but a President just can't do what Trump just did. Period.

Actually he can and just did. Period.

The Urban Sombrero Wrote:A sitting President fires the FBI Director who is investigating his campaign, associates, and him. And that's the best you got? You minions yammer on and on about how you honor the Constitution, until, until, it's convenient not to. An orange is orange. An apple is red. Grab the tail in front and in a stupor be led.

Oh I LOVE rhymes!! Smile

You tout your objectivity until it becomes blatant how much you support the liberal agenda.
Had he not fired Comey, you and your minions would've been crying about how Comey cost Hillary the election and that is the only reason why he WASN'T fired.

Oh, and I am much too important to be a minion.
Granny Bear Wrote:Actually he can and just did. Period.

Oh I LOVE rhymes!! Smile

You tout your objectivity until it becomes blatant how much you support the liberal agenda.
Had he not fired Comey, you and your minions would've been crying about how Comey cost Hillary the election and that is the only reason why he WASN'T fired.

Oh, and I am much too important to be a minion.

Find one post where I called for Comey's resignation. Yes, he did do it, and joined Dick Nixon in history. And, in good time, if he continues on this trajectory, he just may join him in infamy. All of you tail-grabbers constantly lash out at this monolithic left. And that's fine. But, I have yet to unload on Comey, still haven't, and won't. The most I've said is that he fell short in his overall handling of the whole Clinton email mess, in my view. That's it. And, never once have I suggested Comey cost Hillary the election.
And, if you are defending, nay, cheering a sitting President firing the Director of the FBI who was currently investigating his campaign, his associates, and he himself, you may not be a minion, but you're wearing the uniform. Own it.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:What, now you're a parrot? Minion.

No now get your animals straight there Sombrero. Unlike parrots, lemmings can't fly hence, 'Feelings' notwithstanding, the cliff means certain death. You're the one on here going spastic because none of the rest of us are naive enough to run with Schumer's talking point.

The director of the FBI serves at the pleasure of the President. Or not. Dems are running amok because Comey very likely represents the first of several very uncomfortable dominos which are about to fall.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:No now get your animals straight there Sombrero. Lemmings can't fly, hence 'Feelings' notwithstanding, the cliff means certain death. You're the one on here going spastic because none of the rest of us are naive enough to run with Schumer's talking point.

The director of the FBI serves at the pleasure of the President. Or not. Dems are running amok because Comey very likely represents the first of several very uncomfortable dominos which are about to fall.

You may dance on the head of a pin all you like. Donald Trump just linked his name to Richard Nixon. Donald Trump just orchestrated a pretext and conjoined the Justice Department. The sitting President just fired the Director of the FBI who was investigating his campaign, his associates, and he himself. Grasp the tail, walk with eyes cast upon the ground, try not to track in the dung (or keep flinging the spin).
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:You may dance on the head of a pin all you like. Donald Trump just linked his name to Richard Nixon. Donald Trump just orchestrated a pretext and conjoined the Justice Department. The sitting President just fired the Director of the FBI who was investigating his campaign, his associates, and he himself. Grasp the tail, walk with eyes cast upon the ground, try not to track in the dung (or keep flinging the spin).

Bull, Trump is no more linked to Nixon than you can come up with your own material. You'd rather steal a good metaphor any day, and you got that dancing on the head of a pin deal from me. If you doubt it run the search tool.

While we're getting your animals straight we might as well line you out on fruits too. In your case who'd have thunk that? Archibald Cox was a special prosecutor. Unlike the case of Mr Comey, he actually had the support of the AG and his Deputy, and when Nixon fired him anyway, both the AG and his Deputy AG resigned their posts in protest. This time the AG and his Deputy AG recommended Comey's dismissal. Again in the case of Archibald Cox, Democrats and Republicans BOTH openly supported Mr Cox, whereas in the case of Comey, BOTH Dems and Republicans have openly and harshly criticized Mr Comey, BOTH calling for his resignation. Archibald Cox actually had evidence which linked Nixon to the Watergate shenanigans, whereas James Comey has very publicly (along with many other notables of the intelligence community) categorically denied ever seeing any evidence whatever linking Trump to Russia. What we have here is a mirror reverse of the Saturday Night Massacre. Not a reenactment. But then facts are such a nuisance when fabricating reality. ABTW, Bill Clinton is the guy who fired his AG, and his name certainly wasn't Archibald Cox.

It's a big lie Sombrero, but evidence in absentia, you'll take a lie in times of political emergency anytime, right? Now, not that he could ever compare to the Sombrero, but former Assist FBI Director James Kallstrom is on right now thanking his lucky stars that Comey is gone. According to Kallstrom, Comey could barely manage to throw enough of his folks under the bus fast enough to suit his own needs.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
⬆️
Bill Clinton fired Sessions for breach of ethics. Look it up. Donald Trump fired the person who was investigating him. If you can't see that as Nixonian, then either you lack the intelligence I think you have, or you grasp the tail and fling the dung. I say the latter. Beware the rabbit hole, tail-grasper. Beware the rabbit hole. Donald Trump's name will now be linked with Richard Nixon's for perpetuity. By the way, "dance on the head of a pin" is common parlance. You did not originate it, nor do you own it. Get over yourself, friendo. Reel in that unfurled ego lest the hot air winds from your keyboard rip your sails.
  • 1(current)
  • Next