Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any motorcycle buffs out there?
So I am a merchandiser for Coca-Cola as well as a full-time college student. Now I've always heard of people taking their dirt bikes and converting them to street legal supersports and are getting ridiculous gas mileage with these things granted they have small gas tanks.

My questions is has anyone ever done one of these jobs before? Because I think it would be a reall cool toy to have not only to use for better gas mileage but also I've always wanted a motorcycle for the roads but I don't want a fast liter bike or a Harley so I thought this would be very cool thing to start a project on.
Wouldn't say I am a buff, but I do have 4 vintage 60's model Hondas lined up to restore.
Have you ever heard of someone converting a dirt bike into a street legal motorcycle Seger?
Spud6 Wrote:Have you ever heard of someone converting a dirt bike into a street legal motorcycle Seger?

Personally no, but I am not really an expert on motorcycles...I just restore stuff as a hobby. So basicly what I do is take all the parts off, refresh them (repaint, powdercoat, re-chrome) and it all back together again.
^Well that's a fun little hobby to get into.

But me, I'm just starting out in motorcycles. Been riding dirt bikes my whole life and have always wanted a motorcycle since high school. (Now 22) And I'm at a point where I can afford a nice used motorcycle.

Been looking into get an R3 Yamaha. They max out at 90 mph and aren't like a crotch rocket where you are meant for speeding.