Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vanderbilt 67 Kentucky 65
the one thing no one seems to mention is no matter who comes in he will have tubby players for 4 year so if by what every one is saying we will not win for another 4 years and people will be saying fire the next guy
my pick was on target....again.
This was such a disappointing loss.I thought we had them.They only led 30 seconds the whole game but it was the right 30 seconds.I think it was Morris who got caught flat footed on a put back on a missed free throw. at the end of the game.
Well they blew it again, typical UK team. Bradley again shows his selfishness at the end, Morris didnt play very well, and Thomas sucked as usual. Big game from Perry, although he still isnt a favorite of mine, he shined in this one. Is it just me or is Meeks the best player on this team? Obrzut had a decent game, he was more physical than I have ever seen, even more so than Morris. Tubby and his sorry coaching need to go elsewhere, maybe back to Georgia or some other school that likes his half court offense.
SportsFan80 Wrote:Well they blew it again, typical UK team. Bradley again shows his selfishness at the end, Morris didnt play very well, and Thomas sucked as usual. Big game from Perry, although he still isnt a favorite of mine, he shined in this one. Is it just me or is Meeks the best player on this team? Obrzut had a decent game, he was more physical than I have ever seen, even more so than Morris. Tubby and his sorry coaching need to go elsewhere, maybe back to Georgia or some other school that likes his half court offense.

I think Meeks is the best on the team.. He has everything you want in a player.. He has the potential to be a superstar under the right coach.
UK is going to be a football and baseball school! I am going to quit basketball and start watching baseball! Meeks is really showing some improvement and is going to be a nice player next year!
i thought the horrible bobby perry was going to win the game and then of course they dont block out
Ten Loss Tubby!
Disco Stu Wrote:I wouldn't call college student athletes who bust their *** for Kentucky morons that's for sure. So they lost. Yeah it's unfortunate but it's not the end of the world. Vandy is a good team, and I know UK should have won but they didn't. Get over it.

Donna, is that you? :howdy:
OffTheHook Wrote:Ten Loss Tubby!

More like Twelve loss Tubby....:fedup: Confusedhh:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
FATMAN Wrote:the one thing no one seems to mention is no matter who comes in he will have tubby players for 4 year so if by what every one is saying we will not win for another 4 years and people will be saying fire the next guy

If we get the right coach (that is the BIG question because there are worse coaches than Tubby), then we would only have all Tubby players for one year. The new coach would then have his players starting to come in. Plus with the new system that a new coach would bring (hopefully more full court O and D), it should make even our existing players at least better than they are right now. So I think that you would see an improvement within a year IF they hire the right guy. But this all assumes that Tubby leaves or gets fired which isn't by any means a definate.

(Footnote): My only concern is that they would hire some coach that is worse suited for UK than Tubby. Then we would be in a really sad shape. But I for one am for a change! I never thought Tubby was right for the job at UK! He just didn't impress me at Georgia and the UK tradition isn't getting him much better players than he was getting at Georgia.
Ahhhh....I'm speechless.
Everyone loved Tubby when Uk was winning, they have a few bad seasons and everyone hates him...lol....Kinda funny, some of you should go coach at UK and then get on here and post all your BS Tubby's got to go stuff. It's not always the coach's fault either he can only tell them what to do not get out there and play for them, some of you need to either get on or off the bandwagon, Im a true blue win or loss.
Basketballer Wrote:Everyone loved Tubby when Uk was winning, they have a few bad seasons and everyone hates him...lol....Kinda funny, some of you should go coach at UK and then get on here and post all your BS Tubby's got to go stuff. It's not always the coach's fault either he can only tell them what to do not get out there and play for them, some of you need to either get on or off the bandwagon, Im a true blue win or loss.

Thjat makes no sense what you said. So I should go coach at UK and then post stuff about Tubby got to go? If I'm coaching he wouldnt be allowed withing 50 miles of Rupp, so why would I post stuff about him needing to go. I would ban him from the city of Lexington. LOL I'd be affraid he'd ruin my players. Ah don't worry guys when this season is over he will blaim it on some one, just like he did with Rondo. But you can grantee it won't be She-Rey. I realluy starting to think he is Shereys dad. Hes gotta let him play just like he did with Saul.
Basketballer Wrote:Everyone loved Tubby when Uk was winning, they have a few bad seasons and everyone hates him...lol....Kinda funny, some of you should go coach at UK and then get on here and post all your BS Tubby's got to go stuff. It's not always the coach's fault either he can only tell them what to do not get out there and play for them, some of you need to either get on or off the bandwagon, Im a true blue win or loss.

I have never liked Tubby.
All this talk about Thomas's turnover. What about the offensive rebound and put back to take take the lead ON A FREE THROW for God's sake with 23 seconds to go. Just makes me sick.
Was it just me or did anyone else watch a entertaining game in which both teams played well? Yes Vandy did out execute UK in the final minute. No UK did not play poorly.

Morris was missing in action for the first half but for the most part that was the most energy I have seen in a while from this team. I don't like it when Kentucky loses either but for the most part they played pretty well yesterday.
But they still lost!
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:But they still lost!
If they were playing terribly and losing to bad teams I would be upset. There is no shame, no matter who you are, in playing hard, playing well and still losing to a good team.

I'm not saying its easy to take or that I like it. I don't. I hate losing. But once you settle down and look at it. It is nothing to be ashamed of.
Jody Meeks Is The Man.
Well here is my take. I don't think coaching has much to do with it. Yes I agree that this half-court offense and defense is not what we are accustomed to seeing, but the recruiting is not the problem. Tubby brought in 3 McDonalds All-Americans and we were pumped. One already went pro, and the other 2 are duds. It happens to alot of players. They really shine in high school, but can't handle top notch division I basketball.

You guys are talking about how Meeks is awesome and what not, but you also say Tubby can't recruit. Kinda hypocritical there. If Tubby can teach Crawford and Bradley to share and quit beating a hole in the floor with the ball, then UK would be ok.

That's just my opinion on this situation.
UK really needs to start playing with some heart. A offensive team shooting free throws should never even touch the ball! UK just gave the game away. They really have no go to guy when it comes to crunch time. The announcers said Ramel loved to have the ball in his hands when the game is on the line...he really showed it! Crawford of Morris should have took the last shot!
BCF4L Wrote:Well here is my take. I don't think coaching has much to do with it. Yes I agree that this half-court offense and defense is not what we are accustomed to seeing, but the recruiting is not the problem. Tubby brought in 3 McDonalds All-Americans and we were pumped. One already went pro, and the other 2 are duds. It happens to alot of players. They really shine in high school, but can't handle top notch division I basketball.

You guys are talking about how Meeks is awesome and what not, but you also say Tubby can't recruit. Kinda hypocritical there. If Tubby can teach Crawford and Bradley to share and quit beating a hole in the floor with the ball, then UK would be ok.

That's just my opinion on this situation.

Just because he recruits a decent player does not mean that he can recruit. I have always liked Tubby and enjoyed watching UK play while Tubby has been coach (except these last 2-3 years), but Tubby cannot recruit at all. He got a decent recruiting class this year, but look at the Senior class at how weak it is. The Junior class is strong and the Freshman class is ok. The Sophomore class is another joke. Tubby has to pull in some good players next year or, as bad as i hate to say it, will join along with all of the Tubby Bashers.
the wildcats are good
they have everything they need. offense and defense-= the size
the speed
but they cannot put it togther why?