Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK 10 NC State 5 (Lexington Region Championship)
For the first time in UK Baseball history, Kentucky is going to the NCAA Super Regionals!!!!! The Cats defeated the Wolfpack 10-5 in a rain soaked, late starting championship game in front of a record crowd at The Cliff.

It's only fitting that UK will play the Dirty Birds in a best of Three game series in the Super Regional in Loserville for a spot in the CWS.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
FWIW....

L-ville Won 5-3.
4/4 @ U of L.

UK Won 11-7.
4/18 @ UK.
I watch a lot of kentucky baseball and softball.

A ridiculous amount. Only miss the games that aren't on watchespn.

With that said, I despise Lville baseball fans. They are unbearable. How sweet it would be to knock them off after the season they have had to go to the CWS.

It's going to be very tough to do.
All 3 games are at noon.

Kentucky will need a hot start. They used up a lot of pitching this weekend. Hopefully they'll be ready to go by Friday. I'd throw thompson Friday and hjelle on Saturday.

And what a job mingione has done. This is what a coach is supposed to do when you hire him. Give that man a raise
All games will start @ NOON on Friday (6/9), Saturday (6/10) and Sunday (6/11) from Loserville.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I watch a lot of kentucky baseball and softball.

With that said, I despise Lville baseball fans. They are unbearable. How sweet it would be to knock them off after the season they have had to go to the CWS.

All 3 games are at noon.

Kentucky will need a hot start. They used up a lot of pitching this weekend. Hopefully they'll be ready to go by Friday. I'd throw thompson Friday and hjelle on Saturday.

And what a job mingione has done. This is what a coach is supposed to do when you hire him. Give that man a raise

You forgot to add in the other sports. Loserville fans are the worst!!!!
Congrats to the Cats on their 1st ever NCAA Baseball Regional Championship. I would have loved to have been at the Cliff last night.

Even after the rain delay they said approx. 90% of folks returned to watch the rest of the game.

Having to fight out of the losers bracket and beat a team twice is never easy. Exciting time to be a college baseball fan in the state of Kentucky.

GO CATS, beat birds!!!
:Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I watch a lot of kentucky baseball and softball.

All 3 games are at noon.

I agree that this coach is doing a fine job .
Go Bat Cats !
Pulp Fiction Wrote:You forgot to add in the other sports. Loserville fans are the worst!!!!

I wish I could go to Loserville to watch The Cats win.
Listening to Mingione speak, it's almost impossible to not like the guy, he has a ton of energy and i'm really excited to see what heights he takes the baseball program to. I just started watching this team towards the end of the regular season and they are so fun to watch, I see great things in the future for UK's baseball program with him as the skipper.
I truly believe mingione can take UK to a world series more years than not.
Lawson is getting close in softball. If she can recruit a star pitcher, like the barnhill girl at florida, they can be extremely good over the next two years. Reed and cheek will be the two best players in the SEC in 2 years
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I truly believe mingione can take UK to a world series more years than not.
Lawson is getting close in softball. If she can recruit a star pitcher, like the barnhill girl at florida, they can be extremely good over the next two years. Reed and cheek will be the two best players in the SEC in 2 years

The new stadium and fan support should definitely push them to the next level. The fans were awesome in the last game. reminded you of a basketball game Smile
I actually thought it was better than a basketball game, because you had the real fans who were raising hell sitting in the right seats close to the action. I've followed every game this year too, in part because my son was a teammate of Marcus Carson's in high school baseball at North Laurel. Marcus is one of the finest kids I was ever associated with, and I am just thrilled for him that he personally, and his team are having such a great year in his senior season.
Van Hagar Wrote:I actually thought it was better than a basketball game, because you had the real fans who were raising hell sitting in the right seats close to the action. I've followed every game this year too, in part because my son was a teammate of Marcus Carson's in high school baseball at North Laurel. Marcus is one of the finest kids I was ever associated with, and I am just thrilled for him that he personally, and his team are having such a great year in his senior season.

Did you see Coach Mingione's press conference after they won 2 games in 1 day? He shed tears talking about Marcus and his dedication to the team, definitely seems like a class act in every sense of the word.
I did. I love Mingione, I think his personality is sincere, I really believe he is the guy you see on tv. He should get every big-time player Kentucky produces during his time, plus a lot of national guys, because how could you not want your kid to play for him? As for Marcus, his defense has always been great, but he didn't hit well his first three seasons, kept him in that fourth outfielder spot. He is loved by his peers and kids younger than him here in London because of the way he always handled himself with them. If you had an all-star team and you were getting ready to face a lefty, you just asked and Marcus would come out in the heat of summer and throw as much batting practice as you needed, no questions asked. Didn't have to do that, just the character he has.
Van Hagar Wrote:I actually thought it was better than a basketball game, because you had the real fans who were raising hell sitting in the right seats close to the action. I've followed every game this year too, in part because my son was a teammate of Marcus Carson's in high school baseball at North Laurel. Marcus is one of the finest kids I was ever associated with, and I am just thrilled for him that he personally, and his team are having such a great year in his senior season.

it was awesome for sure. it was plain to see that the players were feeding off the fan support and getting hyped.