Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Godspeed to Congressman, Aide & Capitol Officers Shot in VA
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:I support the right of peaceful protest. Advocating violence against police, or anyone else is wrong. Period. Martin Luther King Jr. constantly struggled against parts of the movement that tended toward violence. Were he alive today, he would certainly be concerned in the manner of the concerns of Black Lives Matter. He would refute and struggle against those who advocated violence.

The second reference to BLM.

I don't understand how or why BLM is even a part of this.

Not to change the subject, but I feel very odd every time they show a picture of the shooter. He just looks so familiar to me!!!
Granny Bear Wrote:The second reference to BLM.

Not to change the subject, but I feel very odd every time they show a picture of the shooter. He just looks so familiar to me!!!

I think TRT introduced BLM into this thread. I think he is saying that groups like BLM create a climate on the left which leads to events like today.

I think the shooter looks like a down and outer, an outlier type.

I'm in a drug store three years ago. A guy in front of me, who I know of, a guy who has made a lot of choices in life that have made his life harder than it had to be, makes this statement: "I wish Obama would come here. I'd punch the SOB in the mouth if he tried to shake my hand." Was Obama responsible for how tough his life was? No. But, there's tons of folks who blame whatever is convenient, and everything but their own choices, for the way their lives are going. Not that policies don't impact people, but not normally to the degree that these folks with such anger and thoughts of violence seem to believe.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:If he indeed had a history of mental illness, his choice of target is not particularly relevant. When it comes to victims of senseless violence, prayers and concern are not limited to political lines.

These Congressmen were practicing for a charity baseball game between Dems and 'Pubs set to raise 600k for charity.

The Dems blame the NRA. The 'Pubs blame Black Lives Matter. There are those who see everything in either/or terms. So be it.

THIS is the first time I saw it. Am I wrong?

I don't think this guy looks extreme. But then how does an extremist look? He just reminds me of someone that I can't remember.
Granny Bear Wrote:THIS is the first time I saw it. Am I wrong?

I don't think this guy looks extreme. But then how does an extremist look? He just reminds me of someone that I can't remember.

You are correct. I did introduce. The relevance was both sides, in immediate aftermath, look to blame rhetoric coming from either side.
Another idiot liberal. Blame goes to all news for CNN, NBC, abc and MSNBC, cbs for promoting violence towards Trump and not holding those who condone it accountable.
Liberals are fools
Bob Seger Wrote:How much you wanna bet he's a Bernie Sanders supporter?

Just exactly what I thought..

Isn't it funny how the media and the left build up Trump to be the inciter of hatred, when all the while even throughout the campaign, it is the Sanders followers who are responsible for most of the violence that spreads across this country supported by the financial backing of George Soros.

There is no doubt that Sanders is a bona fide fruit loop, who now has to take responsibility for being the single most influential cause of political based violence in this country..And it takes a real fruit loop as well to throw this lunatic any type of support. He has yet one time to step up and condemn the stuff that has gone on and tell his supporters to knock it off.

Pink Panties Patti is exactly the type of person who needs the finger pointed at them as well...Patti has blood on his hands as much as the physical Sanders supporters rioting in the streets by supporting and condoning their ideology.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:And, there it is.

So you say: so you need to believe. And do believe, I guess: zeal without understanding.

The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Supporting equal protection under the law extended to all citizens is not sin. Supporting the right to peaceful protest is not sin. Is loving the sinner co-equal to loving the sin? That's a form of zeal God will not own, a form of either/or thinking that has the appearance of "for God" but actually contradicts the Spirit.

The United States was not designed to be governed as a Christian Church. It was designed to allow a Christian Church to govern itself, within its own beliefs, free of interference from government.

Septic tank dregs of 'The Parrot's' socio/religious ideological confusion.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bob Seger Wrote:Just exactly what I thought..

Isn't it funny how the media and the left build up Trump to be the inciter of hatred, when all the while even throughout the campaign, it is the Sanders followers who are responsible for most of the violence that spreads across this country supported by the financial backing of George Soros.

There is no doubt that Sanders is a bona fide fruit loop, who now has to take responsibility for being the single most influential cause of political based violence in this country..And it takes a real fruit loop as well to throw this lunatic any type of support. He has yet one time to step up and condemn the stuff that has gone on and tell his supporters to knock it off.

Pink Panties Patti is exactly the type of person who needs the finger pointed at them as well...Patti has blood on his hands as much as the physical Sanders supporters rioting in the streets by supporting and condoning their ideology.

Exactly right Bob. But it's not lack of access to the truth that limits libs. It's their rejection of truth.

As I have pointed out in days past, all truth exists in a sort of sweet spot I like to call reality. Part of all truth and in fact, central to all truth, is the factual existence of the Lord Jesus as both Creator and Judge. Conservatives know this and are summarily assaulted verbally and on many occasions physically by the left. Why? Because the stand conservatives take reminds them of the God they have rejected and must someday face (regardless of the show they put on in public). The left of course means mainstream media and most Democrats. I mean, how can one associate himself with the cause of Christ and at the same time run on gay rights and abortion rights? Not to mention 'belly up to the bar boys, IT'S ON THE TAXPAYER," economic policy? I said the tax payer would eventually wake up and they have. Meantime, we got genius talking head Dems out there slamming labor. Calling apprenticeships indentured servitude.

The Dems are self destructing and no amount of calling attention to it will deter them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Granny Bear Wrote:The second reference to BLM.

The Urban Sombrero Wrote:I think TRT introduced BLM into this thread. I think he is saying that groups like BLM create a climate on the left which leads to events like today.

I think the shooter looks like a down and outer, an outlier type.

I'm in a drug store three years ago. A guy in front of me, who I know of, a guy who has made a lot of choices in life that have made his life harder than it had to be, makes this statement: "I wish Obama would come here. I'd punch the SOB in the mouth if he tried to shake my hand." Was Obama responsible for how tough his life was? No. But, there's tons of folks who blame whatever is convenient, and everything but their own choices, for the way their lives are going. Not that policies don't impact people, but not normally to the degree that these folks with such anger and thoughts of violence seem to believe.

Granny Bear Wrote:THIS is the first time I saw it. Am I wrong?

The Urban Sombrero Wrote:If he indeed had a history of mental illness, his choice of target is not particularly relevant. When it comes to victims of senseless violence, prayers and concern are not limited to political lines.

These Congressmen were practicing for a charity baseball game between Dems and 'Pubs set to raise 600k for charity.

The Dems blame the NRA. The 'Pubs blame Black Lives Matter. There are those who see everything in either/or terms. So be it.

Busted. The relevance was NOT both sides. All the violence (except for one punch in the mouth by an old man) during the campaign and after, came from Hillary or Bernie supporters, end of story. Even the media couldn't twist the facts though they tried. I know one thing, the lies all come from one side, your side.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Here is another thing today's event brings into question. Privacy rights. Had someone (meaning law enforcement/government) looked into this guy as soon as he posted what he did on facebook and other social media months ago, would today's events have happened?

This guy pretty much posted that he was going to do something, and he did, a very much preventable act, if we allow law enforcement/government to get into our lives more. Is it an infringement on our rights, yes. Is it for our own safety and the safety of the public, yes. Could it be used against us at any point in which we did not commit an act but just verbalized our discretions, yes.

How far do we let it go?
plantmanky Wrote:Here is another thing today's event brings into question. Privacy rights. Had someone (meaning law enforcement/government) looked into this guy as soon as he posted what he did on facebook and other social media months ago, would today's events have happened?

This guy pretty much posted that he was going to do something, and he did, a very much preventable act, if we allow law enforcement/government to get into our lives more. Is it an infringement on our rights, yes. Is it for our own safety and the safety of the public, yes. Could it be used against us at any point in which we did not commit an act but just verbalized our discretions, yes.

How far do we let it go?
We've got The Urban Cowboy on this site too...I wouldn't surprise me to see him blow at any time too...How far do we let him go?
Gabrielle Giffords: the debate over ring wing rhetoric went KABOOM. Just like today, only it's left wing rhetoric going KABOOM.

Selective Amnesia.

Both parties practice it, as do their fanatics and zealots.

Prayers up to ALL victims of violence.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Gabrielle Giffords: the debate over ring wing rhetoric went KABOOM. Just like today, only it's left wing rhetoric going KABOOM.

Selective Amnesia.

Both parties practice it, as do their fanatics and zealots.

Prayers up to ALL victims of violence.

100% complete lie. The only thing that went kaboom when Giffords was shot was THE LEFT lied, saying her would be assassin was connected with the conservative right. He was a certified psycho, his Mom knew it, heck, his counselor knew it. The same way libs try to say Hitler was far right wing.

Anyway, one knows the gist behind the vagaries here. The left wants to make allege that people who worship God are nut cases. Again, answer up time will be quite a day.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:100% complete lie. The only thing that went kaboom when Giffords was shot was THE LEFT lied, saying her would be assassin was connected with the conservative right. He was a certified psycho, his Mom knew it, heck, his counselor knew it. The same way libs try to say Hitler was far right wing.

Anyway, one knows the gist behind the vagaries here. The left wants to make allege that people who worship God are nut cases. Again, answer up time will be quite a day.

As afore mentioned...You expected different...

3 things in life are guaranteed, TRT:

(A) Death
(B) Taxes
© Pink Panties Patti distorting the truth
Ah lookie everyone, Gitback and Geraldo have made up and are back together again..Now if that wont warm your heart, you're not human.

And they call it puppylooooovvveee...
TheRealThing Wrote:100% complete lie. The only thing that went kaboom when Giffords was shot was THE LEFT lied, saying her would be assassin was connected with the conservative right. He was a certified psycho, his Mom knew it, heck, his counselor knew it. The same way libs try to say Hitler was far right wing.

Check the record of his last month's postings. Ah, but I have confidence for that day. You know the words, Scribe, but miss the Spirit.
Rep. Scalise needs additional surgery. Prayers up for him tonight.
What a sad day for liberals and democrats, no republicans were killed like they had hoped.
diceman Wrote:What a sad day for liberals and democrats, no republicans were killed like they had hoped.

"They"

Plural

"He" a singular shooter

A person who would use violence to make a political statement or express political frustration is no democrat or republican, and is an American by accident of birth, not spirit.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:"They"

Plural

"He" a singular shooter

A person who would use violence to make a political statement or express political frustration is no democrat or republican, and is an American by accident of birth, not spirit.

They, yes it's plural for people like you and probably all the other crybaby liberals who can't handle that Trump is President and are brainwashed by the liberal media.

Imagine the uproar if a white man had targeted the Dems.

You and the rest of the liberals are sorry pieces of crap.
diceman Wrote:They, yes it's plural for people like you and probably all the other crybaby liberals who can't handle that Trump is President and are brainwashed by the liberal media.

Imagine the uproar if a white man had targeted the Dems.

You and the rest of the liberals are sorry pieces of crap.

There, there, Dunceman, it's not my fault the tweeting Don has little self-control. Also, nice to see you have such wisdom 24 hours after the shooting to tone down the rhetoric. Moron.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:There, there, Dunceman, it's not my fault the tweeting Don has little self-control. Also, nice to see you have such wisdom 24 hours after the shooting to tone down the rhetoric. Moron.

And that's your answer? What has that got to do with anything?

You just rattle on and on about stuff that is never even in the line of topic. Your ramblings never makes the first bit of sense.

You are a strange cat, indeed.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:There, there, Dunceman, it's not my fault the tweeting Don has little self-control. Also, nice to see you have such wisdom 24 hours after the shooting to tone down the rhetoric. Moron.

You idiot, Trump tweeting didn't make that liberal shoot republicans. It's your sorry liberal media fanning the flames.
Bob Seger Wrote:We've got The Urban Cowboy on this site too...I wouldn't surprise me to see him blow at any time too...How far do we let him go?

What?
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:"They"

Plural

"He" a singular shooter

diceman is exactly right. Liberal college profs have been quoted calling for Republicans to be lined up and shot. Sell your lies somewhere else.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:diceman is exactly right. Liberal college profs have been quoted calling for Republicans to be lined up and shot. Sell your lies somewhere else.

I've said this for years: are we to shrink freedom of speech because a few nuts are around?

Upon Obama's election, death threats skyrocketed. He was Muslim. He wasn't a citizen. He was antichrist.

Selective amnesia. Both sides practice it.

You can spout your off-the-hook partisanship anywhere you like. This is America.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:I've said this for years: are we to shrink freedom of speech because a few nuts are around?

Upon Obama's election, death threats skyrocketed. He was Muslim. He wasn't a citizen. He was antichrist.

Selective amnesia. Both sides practice it.

You can spout your off-the-hook partisanship anywhere you like. This is America.

I deal in facts. The fact here is you're delusional and nothing you say matters one whit.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:I deal in facts. The fact here is you're delusional and nothing you say matters one whit.

You deal in "facts." Quotation marks Breitbart-intentional.

Selective amnesia is a fact, friendo. Get over yourself.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:You deal in "facts." Quotation marks Breitbart-intentional.

Selective amnesia is a fact, friendo. Get over yourself.

I would but your never ending obsession with me makes that kind of a hard chore. You've managed to copy just about everything I do on here except my honesty and relevancy.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
plantmanky Wrote:Here is another thing today's event brings into question. Privacy rights. Had someone (meaning law enforcement/government) looked into this guy as soon as he posted what he did on facebook and other social media months ago, would today's events have happened?

How far do we let it go?

This is a valid point and question. I've thought about it since this morning, and I have no answer.