Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coach Parsons out at Betsy Layne!
Rumor Coach Parsons has stepped down after 10 years. What's next? Whose in line?
Looks like he had some up and down years at BL...2A football is hard to maintain year in and year out unless you are at a private school or in a metro area.

2016: 1-9
2015: 0-10
2014: 6-5 (playoffs; 1st round)
2013: 9-2 (playoffs; 1st round)
2012: 7-4 (playoffs; 1st round)
2011: 7-4 (playoffs; 1st round)
2010; 7-4 (playoffs; 1st round)
2009: 3-7
2008: 3-8 (playoffs; 1st round)
2007: 1-9
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Sorry to get off topic but didn't Betsy Layne name their football field after Eric C. Conn and isn't his logo on it?

What are they going to do in light of recent issues?
wow that surprise news
He wanted to buy the turf on the condition his name be on it but the school declined. This happened around 2-3 years ago. Smile
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Sorry to get off topic but didn't Betsy Layne name their football field after Eric C. Conn and isn't his logo on it?

What are they going to do in light of recent issues?

The Betsy Layne High School video board you can see from U.S. 23 is sponsored by Eric C. Conn.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
They are voting on whether or not to take that board down now
Pulp Fiction Wrote:The Betsy Layne High School video board you can see from U.S. 23 is sponsored by Eric C. Conn.

The board with Eric C. Conn's name has be covered up right now and you can not see his name and as far as the field goes. He wanted to sponsor the turf field and stadium but was rejected about three years ago.

Now back on topic, Coach Parsons is out as head coach after ten years of being the head coach and an official announcements has not been made yet as to who will take over for for Betsy Layne.
What's the reason that Parsons is out? He done about as good as could be expected there. Just tired of it?
Coach Parsons moved up to administrative position. Good luck to him and the new coach!
DarthVader Wrote:What's the reason that Parsons is out? He done about as good as could be expected there. Just tired of it?

He had an opportunity come forward that he couldn't pass up as sportscritic stated above.

Coach Parsons did an incredible job in his stint as Betsy Layne coach and will continue to do great things at Betsy Layne as an administrator.
Awesome to hear! Good luck to Coach Parsons! The title of this thread had me thinking something might have went on and went the other way.
DarthVader Wrote:Awesome to hear! Good luck to Coach Parsons! The title of this thread had me thinking something might have went on and went the other way.

Nope, I'm sure he had other offers for his position. But he chose to stick with the #BBFL and become assistant principal at Betsy Layne High School.
He did a great job at BL.