Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prison guard found guilty of smuggling drugs into Big Sandy
How do you feel about this story? Do you buy into the fact that she was forced to commit this crime? How much time should she receive for this act?

Here is the link to the story: http://www.kentucky.com/mld/kentucky/16773419.htm

:doughnutc :rules:
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
Wow, this is a horrible situation.
I don't think she was forced... she was told to contact police if anybody tried to make her do this and she felt threatened... she was going to get a good kickback out of it... I think she should get at least 15+ years
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I agree with 15th. What id this world coming to?
[email=BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/email]
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
Im surprised more of this has not been uncovered.A guard could get rich in that business.I bet Big sandy prison is alot like prison movies we have all seen.The have some of the worst criminals in the country over there.
well, i spent 7 years as an officer in a level six supermaximum security prison, and I absolutely despised people like her. Soft people just looking for a paycheck (like her) need to be kept out of working out of prisons. I hope she gets the absolute maximum handed down to her without compassion. This is what happens when you "befriend" these convicts. As far as her saying "he said I have no choice", theres two things that happened (IMO). Either shes just that pathetic and soft, or she performed a sexual favor to him and she was told to do this or he would spill the truth. Like I said, this is my opinion. I have known of two women that worked where I worked at, that were faced with this situation (minus the drugs), and were fired immediately. I wish they could have served a ton of time as well, and Im not the only one that wished that on them. There are several decent officers that try hard to do a good job, and idiots like this woman make it so much harder to work at. Am I saying women shouldnt be hired in prisons? No, I am not, so before anybody gets on here and starts garbage, Im putting that to rest. One of the toughest sgt's I worked with was a woman. But I hope she faces a very VERY stiff punishment. She should get 10 years just for being so freakin stupid, THEN hand her down the other punishment.
It is a kmown rule to NEVER get close to the inmates isnt it Tidehoss?I have read where after you work in a prison some grow to depise the inmates.
NEVER get close to them..I never did. I was probably one of the biggest a$$holes to ever walk into that place..which I ended up paying for in the end, lol..although I despised them before I got there, it did get worse..theres a fine line of treating them with respect, because they'll take advantage of that. And I never thought they deserved my respect. Did this mean that I beat them without mercy for the fun of it? No, it did not, but I never had to worry about being asked to do something like this woman was.
Old school Dawg Wrote:It is a kmown rule to NEVER get close to the inmates isnt it Tidehoss?I have read where after you work in a prison some grow to depise the inmates.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I was probably one of the biggest a$$holes to ever walk into that place..which I ended up paying for in the end, lol

Can I ask what you mean by this? Did you leave on bad terms or something?
I hope she gets 40 years. She was bringing in drugs. Its hard to know what she has brought in. There could be a gun setting out there some where. She has just made my job harder. She gave up alot more money than what she was getting for the drugs. She was making at least 50,000 a year. I think she was getting a few thousand the drugs.
cats eye Wrote:I hope she gets 40 years. She was bringing in drugs. Its hard to know what she has brought in. There could be a gun setting out there some where. She has just made my job harder. She gave up alot more money than what she was getting for the drugs. She was making at least 50,000 a year. I think she was getting a few thousand the drugs.

When did they start paying correctional officers $50,000?
yeah no kidding!!
BelfryJustice Wrote:When did they start paying correctional officers $50,000?

They make between $20.00 to $24.00 an hour... so they probably make around $35,000-$40,000 a year...
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I wouldnt exactly say I left on bad terms. Im actually glad that I dont work there anymore. That warden is the sorriest piece of garbage thats ever walked into the system. I wont say why I left, but I dont care one bit to tell you..just PM me. But what I meant by saying i was probably one of the biggest a-holes is that I gave them exactly what they were supposed to have, nothing more, nothing less. And they got it on my time, not theirs. There were a few officers that would run their hides off just to shut them up, and IMO, thats where they messed up. But like I said, just PM me..nothing really exciting though, lol..
BelfryJustice Wrote:Can I ask what you mean by this? Did you leave on bad terms or something?
Belfry I know youve seen some officers do some stupid stuff, what do you think they should do to her???
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Belfry I know youve seen some officers do some stupid stuff, what do you think they should do to her???

I have to say that I agree she needs to be punished to the fullest level for that crime. She put so many in danger with her actions. She had other ways to address it, but she failed to do so.

They start off between 20-24$ an hour. They also make 10% shift differential for working evenings and nights. Plus 25% for working weekends. They make double pay on holidays and they get 11 holidays a year. They will also get time and a half for overtime. At big sandy you can almost get as much overtime as you want. But its a GS 6 position with law enforcement pay which is listed at a base pay of just over 38,000 a year. You add in what i just told you and the average pay is around 50,000 a year. Not to mention you will be permoted after one year to a GS 7 step 2. Then one more year to a GS 8. Federal officers make a good living. Alot better than the state. I know a couple GS 8 offecers who actually made just at or under 100,000 last year.
cats eye Wrote:They start off between 20-24$ an hour. They also make 10% shift differential for working evenings and nights. Plus 25% for working weekends. They make double pay on holidays and they get 11 holidays a year. They will also get time and a half for overtime. At big sandy you can almost get as much overtime as you want. But its a GS 6 position with law enforcement pay which is listed at a base pay of just over 38,000 a year. You add in what i just told you and the average pay is around 50,000 a year. Not to mention you will be permoted after one year to a GS 7 step 2. Then one more year to a GS 8. Federal officers make a good living. Alot better than the state. I know a couple GS 8 offecers who actually made just at or under 100,000 last year.

I know of only two there they made right at 100K. And they pretty much lived there, puttung in 16 hr days, 5 to 7 days a week. To me family is more important than living at work. They make good money, but not as much as you think. BUT, If you ask me, IT still is NOT enough.

As for the Female that was convicted. OH WELL! She knew all she had to do was report him and she would have been protected. She just had $$ in her eyes! I hope they put her away a long time! There is no telling what she brought in! No THUG is worth your freedom! If you have any questions just PM me. I promise you, no-one can tell you more.