Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Whitley Baseball Coach-Jeremy Shope
Per The times Tribune

Whitley County High School has named former Mercer County coach Jeremy Shope as its new head coach of the baseball program. A story on Shope's hire will be in Tuesday's edition of the Times-Tribune.
jamesdeane Wrote:Per The times Tribune

Whitley County High School has named former Mercer County coach Jeremy Shope as its new head coach of the baseball program. A story on Shope's hire will be in Tuesday's edition of the Times-Tribune.

surprising hire :welcome::Clap::Clap:
Good job Whitley County Administration. Very good hire. Look for Whitley to do big things.
Well, didn't hire within, I guess you were 90% wrong as usual. Great hire for all of Whitley County. This administration seems to want to move this athletic program forward. Congratulations Coach Shope .
"Shope spent last season as a recruiting coordinator for Asbury College’s baseball team after having major success at Mercer County High School. He was at Mercer County for 17 years, amassing a career record of 349-190. He won three 12th Region championships during his stay while leading the Titans to state championship appearances in 2011, and 2013. He was also named Kentucky High School Baseball Coach of the Year by the National Federation of State High Schools Association in 2013. Shope played college baseball at Cumberland University in Lebanon, Tenn. under Hall of Fame Coach Woody Hunt."

http://www.thetimestribune.com/sports/je...c41f7.html
Looks like a great hire, good luck to Coach Shope...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Coach Shope should do very well. He had a great teacher in Coach Hunt in Lebanon, TN @ Cumberland
baseball1974 Wrote:Coach Shope should do very well. He had a great teacher in Coach Hunt in Lebanon, TN @ Cumberland
Coach Hunt is an icon in the coaching profession
Great Hire for Whitley County!! Great Facilities!! Should do great things for that system..
The Colonels knocked it out of the park with this hire Smile
TheRock Wrote:Well, didn't hire within, I guess you were 90% wrong as usual. Great hire for all of Whitley County. This administration seems to want to move this athletic program forward. Congratulations Coach Shope .

There's a reason I never said it was a sure thing like I have before when I've called it. I'll also admit this wasn't the outside pick i had heard either. Nice to see then finally keep one under wraps for a change.
I'm glad they stayed away from the inside choice. If you want to progress, this is the way to do it.

As for the hire, I don't know that they could have made a better one. Color me shocked. Kudos to finally getting a baseball coach. He may end up never winning a game, but for the first time they made the right hire on paper.

I'm very excited to see how the colonels progress. Somebody completely new that relatively noone here knows is the BEST possible choice. Leave him alone parents and let the man do his job now. You finally got a baseball coach. Don't ruin it.

Absolute game changer IMO. Coach shope will keep 7th inning leads.
Thrilled with this hire.
Good luck Coach. Big shoes to fill, Coach Adams was a frist class guy.
CA3 Wrote:Good luck Coach. Big shoes to fill, Coach Adams was a frist class guy.

Confusedtare:
Can’t wait for a great year.
Whitley is a sleeping giant in baseball. This hire may bring them out of their slumber
I'd like to see them get a quality coach like this in all sports.
pjdoug Wrote:I'd like to see them get a quality coach like this in all sports.

You trying to bring you negative karma to the baseball team now??? So we know now that you sat the bench in baseball as well as football which makes you an expert in the stands.
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:You trying to bring you negative karma to the baseball team now??? So we know now that you sat the bench in baseball as well as football which makes you an expert in the stands.

You get more childish and idiotic with each post. I didn't play baseball.
Anybody with any sense can see that I was complimenting the baseball coach. sober up and go stalk somebody that agrees with you so you don't have to cry.
Good luck Colonels hearing nothing but good things about this new coach, I can't wait for season to start, is it here yet?
Wow. Good pickup for Whitley.
They’re putting in work like I’ve not seen before.... taking new steps to get where they need to be. Ridiculous schedule to get em ready for a district run..... hopefully get into regionals. Good luck colonels can’t wait to watch the journey.
CrosbyField Wrote:Wow. Good pickup for Whitley.

for sure.
CROLEY Wrote:They’re putting in work like I’ve not seen before.... taking new steps to get where they need to be. Ridiculous schedule to get em ready for a district run..... hopefully get into regionals. Good luck colonels can’t wait to watch the journey.

exciting times for Colonels baseball.
CROLEY Wrote:They’re putting in work like I’ve not seen before.... taking new steps to get where they need to be. Ridiculous schedule to get em ready for a district run..... hopefully get into regionals. Good luck colonels can’t wait to watch the journey.

That's what good coaches do.
Whitleys not use to that.
I can guarantee you 100% that the best players will be on the field.absolutly no BS or politics involved with this man. Brown nosers need not apply , earn it or you wont get it type. Whitley fans will also enjoy whats sure to be some highly entertaining "discussions" with umpires!!!!
Gunslinger Wrote:I can guarantee you 100% that the best players will be on the field.absolutly no BS or politics involved with this man. Brown nosers need not apply , earn it or you wont get it type. Whitley fans will also enjoy whats sure to be some highly entertaining "discussions" with umpires!!!!

Exciting. I still think they need a high quality person like this coaching all sports.:biggrin:
Somebody give me a progress report on The Colonels? Smile
Gunslinger Wrote:I can guarantee you 100% that the best players will be on the field.absolutly no BS or politics involved with this man. Brown nosers need not apply , earn it or you wont get it type. Whitley fans will also enjoy whats sure to be some highly entertaining "discussions" with umpires!!!!

He may not last long then.
The Outsider Wrote:He may not last long then.

probably not.