Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tryouts
Tryouts should be happening soon, if not already. Remember, if you are trying out for the 1st time, bring a glove, baseball or sweat pants, good shoes, water, and the right attitude. Try your best and don't be discouraged if you don't make the varsity. JV is a good start for any younger player. Good luck to all you guys. :Thumbs:

With that being said, I would like to help out a very good friend and fellow coach, me being a former HS coach and too old to worry about itSmile. Anyway, Knott Central will be having tryouts soon. So, any boys that are at KCC, or Knott grade school, in the 8th and up, give it a try. I'll post the date when I find out. If you would like to just show up, practice is usually after school on the field. I believe that Knott is having water system problems and are out of school tomorrow, so they'll be on the field or in the gym, depending on the weather, around 10 AM or so.
Prestonsburg started Tryouts last Tuesday. Had around 25 players come out. (Not including about 4 or 5 that will come out from basketball)
Most schools have started by now- a lot of them have scrimmages scheduled in 3 weeks.
That's what I thought. Most have already had tryouts and still waiting until basketball is over to have more to come out.
we started tryouts on the 17th and had about 30 come out maybe more and were just now gettin some of the freshman basketball players out