Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southwestern
Why do we have very few players? What is going on at SW? Kids leaving or not playing numbers are down according to some coaches?
Wasn't SWP picked to win the district? It can't be that bad over there.
I thought they were favored to make it to the state championship game Smile
pjdoug Wrote:I thought they were favored to make it to the state championship game Smile

That sounds somewhat hyperbolic, but I was under the impression they were going to have a really good team this year, and probably drop off next year. I know they have Edwards and Vaught on offense but heard they would struggle at QB.

Defensively, they had some studs that graduate, so I could see them getting off to a slow start on that side of the ball, but French is a great defensive coach, and I'm sure they will be solid.

Any word on that QB situation? That could be the X-factor!
I'm seeing lineman issues and QB, but numbers are down. End of season last year I would greed with you on a run. Time will tell maybe its preseason gitters either way I'll be there supporting them.
SWpride Wrote:I'm seeing lineman issues and QB, but numbers are down. End of season last year I would greed with you on a run. Time will tell maybe its preseason gitters either way I'll be there supporting them.

That is surprising. I expect them to be tough to beat .
SWpride Wrote:I'm seeing lineman issues and QB, but numbers are down. End of season last year I would greed with you on a run. Time will tell maybe its preseason gitters either way I'll be there supporting them.

Are you talking offensive or defensive line? I know they lost two incredible defensive linemen in Fannin and Daulton, so I'm guessing their defensive line will not be as good. Inexperienced QB with a bad OL is not a recipe for success. I bet French gets it going, though.
May not be a cause but the kids in high school now were in 4, 5 and 6 grades when the stuff with the "other" coach happened. I know youth camp had great numbers. May be a reason and may not, just spit balling.
LivingTheDream Wrote:Are you talking offensive or defensive line? I know they lost two incredible defensive linemen in Fannin and Daulton, so I'm guessing their defensive line will not be as good. Inexperienced QB with a bad OL is not a recipe for success. I bet French gets it going, though.
Are you asking if it was mention about SW making a run. Or are you stating that you've seen them and know they're having issues. Two really talented DL line left. But, i'm not seeing those spots that hard to fill. They have the speed, talent, and a great coach.. They have some young kids. But the QB isn't inexperienced. I give you that the OL needs help.
I see where Southwestern opens the season with Paul Laurence Dunbar. How will the warriors match up? Will they try and run over the Bulldogs or try and match their skill?
million_dollar_man Wrote:I see where Southwestern opens the season with Paul Laurence Dunbar. How will the warriors match up? Will they try and run over the Bulldogs or try and match their skill?
As am I. I think SW will be the better team. They have some talent. Curious on the OL. Plus, they're not the biggest. Gotta hit the weight room more.
Who is going to carry the load offensively for the warriors this year?
The fighting Larry French's wil be ready to roll always have been
million_dollar_man Wrote:I see where Southwestern opens the season with Paul Laurence Dunbar. How will the warriors match up? Will they try and run over the Bulldogs or try and match their skill?

They probably will run over Dunbar.
Pulaski and SW along with Somerset are always in a dog fight for players. Each school will be fine.
pjdoug Wrote:They probably will run over Dunbar.

Why do you believe that SW will run over Dunbar?
Fly By Night Wrote:Why do you believe that SW will run over Dunbar?

because they have a power running game that Dunbar cant stop .
pjdoug Wrote:because they have a power running game that Dunbar cant stop .

How many yards rushing do you believe SW will have vs. PLD?
million_dollar_man Wrote:Who is going to carry the load offensively for the warriors this year?

I heard they lost their QB due to a transfer, and are struggling to find another one. I'm interested to see how the season turns out for them. French is a great coach, so I think they'll be fine, but it may take them a few weeks to get going.

That first game is against a 6A opponent in Dunbar. While Dunbar has not been very good, I'm sure they have the athletes to give Southwestern a good game.

Any thoughts?
Fly By Night Wrote:How many yards rushing do you believe SW will have vs. PLD?

more than enough.
They actually play Northwest High School out of Clarksville, Tn on the 18th as their first game. Dunbar is the next week.
64black&gold Wrote:They actually play Northwest High School out of Clarksville, Tn on the 18th as their first game. Dunbar is the next week.

interesting matchup. that should be a good one to start the season .
I heard they lost their QB due to a transfer, and are struggling to find another one. I'm interested to see how the season turns out for them. French is a great coach, so I think they'll be fine, but it may take them a few weeks to get going.

That first game is against a 6A opponent in Dunbar. While Dunbar has not been very good, I'm sure they have the athletes to give Southwestern a good game.

Any thoughts?
Don Draper Wrote:I heard they lost their QB due to a transfer, and are struggling to find another one. I'm interested to see how the season turns out for them. French is a great coach, so I think they'll be fine, but it may take them a few weeks to get going.

Any thoughts?

I'm sure they have somebody that can hand the ball to the power runners in the backfield .
Don Draper Wrote:I heard they lost their QB due to a transfer, and are struggling to find another one. I'm interested to see how the season turns out for them. French is a great coach, so I think they'll be fine, but it may take them a few weeks to get going.

Any thoughts?

First game is actually team from TN.
64black&gold Wrote:First game is actually team from TN.

Thanks. I saw someone say it was against Dunbar. Is the team from TN any good?
Don Draper Wrote:Thanks. I saw someone say it was against Dunbar. Is the team from TN any good?

http://www.coacht.com/tennessee/inside/s...&sportid=1 They are pretty good .
SWpride Wrote:Why do we have very few players? What is going on at SW? Kids leaving or not playing numbers are down according to some coaches?

I've been waiting on the Commonwealth Journal to publish some things about Pulaski and SW.

What are the numbers looking like for these teams? I'm assuming there are more Maroons than Warriors, at this point?

I think Pulaski Co took it personally when they were chosen 3rd in their district, behind SW and South Laurel. They're being awfully quiet over there.
I heard Southwestern was down to low 30s on their roster. Is there any truth to that? If they were preseason favorites, that looks to have taken a huge dive.
LivingTheDream Wrote:I heard Southwestern was down to low 30s on their roster. Is there any truth to that? If they were preseason favorites, that looks to have taken a huge dive.

I don't believe it Smile