Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Stock Market Tuesday
Did anyone else take a big hit when it came tumbling down? Apparantly, we did. Anybody know what went wrong and what happened?
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Market declined in China and Europe and something about durable good orders dropping caused a huge sell off. It was the biggest drop in almost 4 years and the Dow and the S and P lost all that they had built up this year so I guess your dad had stocks with Dow Jones or something?

There are many things that caused the fall on Tuesday ranging from the fall in China to the slow economy here. But one of the biggest was a computer glitch that made it look as if the Dow Jones fell 200 points in 2 minutes.

America will be fine though (although the markets did drop 200 points within the first 30 minutes but made a rebound on the day)
thetribe Wrote:Market declined in China and Europe and something about durable good orders dropping caused a huge sell off. It was the biggest drop in almost 4 years and the Dow and the S and P lost all that they had built up this year so I guess your dad had stocks with Dow Jones or something?
He didn't say, he only mentioned the amount that he lost, and it wasn't chump change
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
I just found out at https://mobile.twitter.com/astrotradingio that stocks fell on Tuesday after Head of state Donald Trump advised White House authorities to stop settlements on additional coronavirus stimulation, stimulating a sharp turnaround in the significant market standards.