Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Political Threads - We are getting close to closing down the playground!
Ok folks, I am constantly been bombarded with complaints about this forum, enough so that it has been requested to shut it down. I'd really rather not do that, but honestly, I don't care. I look on here every day and see 50 year old men calling each other names. If that is all this is going to be, then I will help you all find some other playground to take your ball and throw at someone. It's my playground, I have no problem with chaining up the gate and locking you out. I get on the millennials for the childish or immature posts that they put on social media, but then I look here and see that Baby Boomers are where they learned it from.

There is only a few that even post in the political forums, so shutting it down will have no impact on the site. Clean it up kids!
Go ahead. One of the worst offenders in the past was and remains a moderator. Without good moderators who are willing to work long hours for free and enforce rules fairly, it is foolish to think things are going to improve.

I don't really understand why people who do not participate in this forum care about the childish insults. The sports forms have the same sort of dialogue.

Maybe it is time to pull the plug on the entire site. The football update threads pale in comparison to the competition.
Good, you are helping to justify the closure. More votes?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Go ahead. One of the worst offenders in the past was and remains a moderator. Without good moderators who are willing to work long hours for free and enforce rules fairly, it is foolish to think things are going to improve.

I don't really understand why people who do not participate in this forum care about the childish insults. The sports forms have the same sort of dialogue.

Maybe it is time to pull the plug on the entire site. The football update threads pale in comparison to the competition.

Why not just stay over there then? No need to trash this site because the hate filled political forums may be shut down.
Motley Wrote:Why not just stay over there then? No need to trash this site because the hate filled political forums may be shut down.
If you don't find the political forum to your liking, you can always go elsewhere.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:If you don't find the political forum to your liking, you can always go elsewhere.

Well, that's the problem Hoot! No one can get in the political threads without every single subject devolving into 12 years old's calling each other names. I could give a damn about the political rancor, but when the best someone can do in their argument is call the other member names, who needs it!

Look, I'm not getting into a debate. Clean the forum up, stop with the personal attacks, or, as you have already suggested, We will shut it down. It's pretty simple, thus nothing more to say about it.
:lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame:

:lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame:

I don't care what people say on the BGR paintball forums. Why the heck would they care what people say here? Also, i'm sure no one takes personal insults to heart. Sticks and stones...
Also I'm 27 not 50.
Frankly, quite a bit of real substantive debate occurs here: freedom of speech, equal protection under the law, foreign policy, immigration, the role of race and extent of racism in America. And I could continue. Robust, spirited debate, with well- placed raillery, is a hallmark of American political history and our democracy. "When it comes to politics and religion, grow a thick skin," was the advice my grandfather gave me. So, to characterize this forum as simply a name calling exercise is inaccurate, and appears as a pretext for something not in keeping with the American tradition.
^ That is an excellent post US, very well articulated and thought out. It's what makes the Political Forum an excellent playground for spirited debate. Your grandfather would be extremely proud of you.

But, you didn't read my message clearly, because I did not say that it is "simply a name calling exercise". Oh no my intelligent friend! What I said that I want FIXED is without "every single subject devolving into 12 years old's calling each other names". I have made attempts to start shutting down threads for that exact reason. I'm done with that!

Your grandfather sounds like a very intelligent and sensible man, I'm pretty sure that he did not sit you down on his knee many years ago and said "look Urban Sombrero, when you start to lose a political debate or get frustrated with the other party, start calling them names, you will get the subject changed and everything will turn petty".

Beat the hell out of each other with political rancor! Without every single subject devolving into 12 years old's calling each other names STOP tuning it in elementary school playground name calling.

I've spent my last word on this thread. It's very clear and not debatable "I'm the Dictator", there is no democracy here! Clean up the forum threads going forward, that's ALL that I am asking.
Stardust Wrote:Ok folks, I am constantly been bombarded with complaints about this forum, enough so that it has been requested to shut it down. I'd really rather not do that, but honestly, I don't care. I look on here every day and see 50 year old men calling each other names. If that is all this is going to be, then I will help you all find some other playground to take your ball and throw at someone. It's my playground, I have no problem with chaining up the gate and locking you out. I get on the millennials for the childish or immature posts that they put on social media, but then I look here and see that Baby Boomers are where they learned it from.

There is only a few that even post in the political forums, so shutting it down will have no impact on the site. Clean it up kids!

We know. You stay gone for years at a time. No offense, I have nothing against you, but you shouldn't have the authority to shut down anything.
Stardust Wrote:^ That is an excellent post US, very well articulated and thought out. It's what makes the Political Forum an excellent playground for spirited debate. Your grandfather would be extremely proud of you.

But, you didn't read my message clearly, because I did not say that it is "simply a name calling exercise". Oh no my intelligent friend! What I said that I want FIXED is without "every single subject devolving into 12 years old's calling each other names". I have made attempts to start shutting down threads for that exact reason. I'm done with that!

Your grandfather sounds like a very intelligent and sensible man, I'm pretty sure that he did not sit you down on his knee many years ago and said "look Urban Sombrero, when you start to lose a political debate or get frustrated with the other party, start calling them names, you will get the subject changed and everything will turn petty".

Beat the hell out of each other with political rancor! Without every single subject devolving into 12 years old's calling each other names STOP tuning it in elementary school playground name calling.
I
I've spent my last word on this thread. It's very clear and not debatable "I'm the Dictator", there is no democracy here! Clean up the forum threads going forward, that's ALL that I am asking.

Confusednicker::eyeroll:
It's almost impossible to read thru some of the threads because of the nonsense. It cheapens your argument to stoop to that level of discourse.
It's hard to follow most of the threads with the nonsense being posted. Defend your ideas, be argumentative on your points but the nonsense cheapens your points and easy to dismiss all of your ideas. It's no just in the political forum but others.
Stardust Wrote:Well, that's the problem Hoot! No one can get in the political threads without every single subject devolving into 12 years old's calling each other names. I could give a damn about the political rancor, but when the best someone can do in their argument is call the other member names, who needs it!

Look, I'm not getting into a debate. Clean the forum up, stop with the personal attacks, or, as you have already suggested, We will shut it down. It's pretty simple, thus nothing more to say about it.
I have no intention of debating you.

If you think that punishing all the participants in the forum by closing it is the right thing to do and you actually have that authority, then just do it and stop making childish threats.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I have no intention of debating you.

If you think that punishing all the participants in the forum by closing it is the right thing to do and you actually have that authority, then just do it and stop making childish threats.

Reminds me a lot of Donald
What's that got to do with anything vector?
That's the kind of crap that's closing the thread.
Contribute something worthwhile or shut up.
I believe the name calling and personal insults reflect the times in which we live. I mean, American citizens are out in the streets, burning business districts, committing acts of violence on voters they don't agree with, and disrupting political rallies and making threats of all kinds. Republicans always chose the high road in the past and for a while that actually worked, as in the days of Reagan for example. People still had respect for each other back then. Then the media went from laying suggestive inferences against Republicans in the nightly news, along with body language and a negative tone, which at the time I thought was inexcusable. But today, the outright lying about them and covering for Dems has literally given rise to the seeds of our own demise, IMHO. I don't need any help on this point because I watched it go down from the days of David Brinkley and Douglas Edwards to Walter Cronkite and onward.

One did not actually hear Democrats openly slamming Republicans until Nixon and the Watergate Scandal. Even then the things said would have passed for Sunday School fare as compared to the vitriol of this day. As I said, for the longest time Republicans refused to be a part of the fracas. But step by step the lies and the slander coming from the left got to be so overtaxing that it was obvious to all, public opinion of the right had been swayed so dramatically, that many Republicans began to realize not taking up for themselves was worse than the inevitable food fight we see today.

Some voters don't care if their side is right or not, all they know is they hate the other side. Still though, it is the Republicans who show the class, and it is the Dems who will say or do anything to win. Political debate is no different. I realize that I will never persuade a diehard Dem with my opinion. Nevertheless the motivation for speaking truth is not ill conceived, though it is often met with fierce resistance.

I like speaking the truth and to me, it is worth being called everything from a horse's rear, to a liar in order to do so. I'm not one who would want to see the forum shut down and I'll say this; even though there are in fact a lot of things going on just as reported by Dusty and nky, one can still read more truth on this site than can be had from viewing MSNBC, or CNN, and that includes the vast majority of the drivel offered these days by FOX NEWS.

But for one who dares to stand up for the values I know full well this nation is founded upon, he will find himself inevitably standing in the same shoes Republicans found themselves. At some point a well placed pie in the face of one's adversary is justifiable and frankly called for. I can take the names, the crocodile tears, and the faked self-righteous indignation by debate opponents.

One more thing. I believe there is a day of trouble coming, (evidenced by the Sabre rattling of North Korea, Iran, Russia, and China) when all the present day bickering over politically correct and ridiculous stuff like 58 gender classifications and spending millions of dollars on gender neutral public bathrooms and all the rest, will overshadow American hearts and minds with very a real threat. I have seen days once ruled by sanity, change to epic absurdity. The sted of my country is always in my prayers.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]