Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All Area Teams - Coach
http://www.medicalleader.org/jc%E2%80%99...third-time

Congrats to all!!!!
I'm a little confused on what the prerequisites are for "Coach of the Year?" According to this the kid from Shelby Valley has won it three years in a row. If that is true, that means he won it 2015 when they were 8-19 and didn't even make it to the regional tournament. In 2016 they were barely .500, got beat by 15 runs in the district championship and 16 runs in the region tournament. This past season they had a descent record, due to their schedule, but still got smoked in the district and region. We are talking about the 15th region, which is arguably the third worst region in the state. I just am having a hard time finding a justification for it when there are other coaches that consistently win.
baseball1974 Wrote:I'm a little confused on what the prerequisites are for "Coach of the Year?" According to this the kid from Shelby Valley has won it three years in a row. If that is true, that means he won it 2015 when they were 8-19 and didn't even make it to the regional tournament. In 2016 they were barely .500, got beat by 15 runs in the district championship and 16 runs in the region tournament. This past season they had a descent record, due to their schedule, but still got smoked in the district and region. We are talking about the 15th region, which is arguably the third worst region in the state. I just am having a hard time finding a justification for it when there are other coaches that consistently win.

Compton was at East Ridge in 2015 where he had a 11-11 record and a first round exit in the Region tournament. Makes no sense. Seems to have mastered the art of making an easy schedule though.
Motley Wrote:Compton was at East Ridge in 2015 where he had a 11-11 record and a first round exit in the Region tournament. Makes no sense. Seems to have mastered the art of making an easy schedule though.

Yea it is weird. You would think somebody that has built something and maintained it, or even if he had made a big run or something. Those teams are less than average.