Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10-3-17 KYMSFA Playoff Scores
Taking a knee 3 straight downs, etc is much more disrespectful than a teams back ups playing hard and scoring. If a team subs down those kids should keep playing hard. Now there is no reason your starters should still be in if it’s a blowout.
This is a tough one. First round of the playoffs are usually lopsided at this level. And with teams gearing up to make a run at state, it only seems legit to have your team running like a well oiled machine. Especially, when your 2nd stringers are good enough to continue to score. I also am not in favor of those schools who are struggling shutting down their programs. Not everyone is blessed with Athletes and Coaches that can compete for a title. We need to remember we are not out here for ourselves, but for the boys(and girls if applies). This is about keeping their interest in football and time occupied to keep them out of trouble.
Totally agree that whoever is in should continue to play hard!!! Just don't think starters should be left in
walterwhite Wrote:Taking a knee 3 straight downs, etc is much more disrespectful than a teams back ups playing hard and scoring. If a team subs down those kids should keep playing hard. Now there is no reason your starters should still be in if it’s a blowout.

This is exactly my line of thinking.
How is it not more embarrassing to take 3 straight knees over and over then to just go ahead and Score?
When the backups get in, they want to score. No problem in doing that. They practice just like the starters.

My whole point is we shouldn't look at the score as a bar for sportsmanship. The score shouldn't matter. But over the years, it has become something that's automatically looked at and it shouldn't be.

College football has made it to where you need to score a 100 every week if you can. Helps your ranking.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:This is exactly my line of thinking.
How is it not more embarrassing to take 3 straight knees over and over then to just go ahead and Score?
When the backups get in, they want to score. No problem in doing that. They practice just like the starters.

My whole point is we shouldn't look at the score as a bar for sportsmanship. The score shouldn't matter. But over the years, it has become something that's automatically looked at and it shouldn't be.

College football has made it to where you need to score a 100 every week if you can. Helps your ranking.

I agree gut, let them play. It is more humiliating to see a team kneel than to just sub down and see what your bench can do. You never know how a KID will act until put into a situation for them to succeed, and at the end of the day that's what coaches should be trying to do other than what some think is politically correct. Politically correct is what's wrong with this country now, well that and emergency room warnings.😂
I had to throw in the warning gut, no hard feeelings. But corbin fans like myself was pulling for you to hit on it once this year. I think you should use it for the corbin game friday
Down goes number 1 seed johnson 14-12 to Farnsley. Good game. Gotta love the playoffs!
Newburg over Meade Co!
46-6
Newburg over Meade
46-6
Agreed u less that wasn't the cass.
7th grade

Johnson County - 22
Greenup County - 6
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Corbin 7th over clay 37-6 maybe
Corbin 8th over clay 26-8
8th grade.

Johnson County - 56
Grant County - 26
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
I know a lot of people on here aren't really in the city but I'm looking forward to checking out this Newburg vs JCTMS game this coming Saturday. Should be a really good game.
Bucc77 Wrote:I know a lot of people on here aren't really in the city but I'm looking forward to checking out this Newburg vs JCTMS game this coming Saturday. Should be a really good game.

I'll be there. I'm coaching the game before, I've seen JCTMS play and they looked solid early, and I know Newburg's program fairly well and anytime a team in the Newburg area has good coaches, everyone else in Louisville is in trouble. A lot of talent in a small area. If Newburg takes care of the football, should be no contest.

I see Newburg taking the whole thing if I'm being honest.
What time is CAL v GMS game Saturday?
All the games this weekend at CAL are going to be great to watch. Everyone should come out.
I'm no coach but I love football and I live in Newburg but I went to school at JCTMS so I never miss a chance to see those two play. I just don't see why the city teams don't get any respect. All I ever hear on here is about the teams outside the city. Maybe just not enough people from the city are on here? or maybe if rival teams from the city would talk more positive about each other the respect would come from outside the city. @Lockwood I will definitely be at CAL to watch all the games. Have to represent!
The city teams as you put it, do have respect from teams in the state. This whole no respect thing is nothing more than bulletin board material.

JCPS has had a team in the state semi finals every year and has won one title and played for another. The thing that a lot of teams from outside of JCPS have issue with is that most JCPS teams will not schedule a county team. I got one always have made sure to schedule one for which ever team I am coaching. It makes you better when you have to play teams from outside of Jcps.
I agree playing a different teams makes you better. Someone that isn't familiar. Do they have invitationals where they invite teams from different areas? match up a JCPS team with a county team?
Coaches have free rain for most part to schedule who they want. I’ve scheduled in past games against hardin county teams, Meade, spencer, Indiana, johnson county, and couple others.
montz24 Wrote:What time is CAL v GMS game Saturday?

I've heard it's at noon. Can anyone confirm? Who else is playing at CAL?
Region 2 7th grade games before at 9/10:30
Cal:georgetown at noon
Barret/Ashland
JCTMS/Newburg
Noe/farnsley
Cal plays Georgetown at 12 @ CAL. OCT 14th.
Thank you! I plan on watching a few of these games. Should be a great Saturday of football! Good luck to all the teams playing!