Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Dream Team
Let's hear it folks...Who would be your 5 starters and who would you have coming off the bench? Here's who I would have on MY team. This is just my opinion so you all make your own, unless you like mine.

Starting 5
PG - Ashley Jade Howard - Magoffin Co.
SG - Haley Ratliff - Pike Co. Central
2G - Kendra Carroll - Paintsville
PF - Esther Fleming - Shelby Valley
C - Kayla Lowe - Pike Co. Central

Off the Bench
Britney Manns - Magoffin Co.
Machaela Howard - Magoffin Co.
Sally Roberts - Shelby Valley
Jesikah Russell - Paintsville
Shae Deskins - Belfry
Looks like a great team!
BIG_COUNTRY_06 Wrote:Let's hear it folks...Who would be your 5 starters and who would you have coming off the bench? Here's who I would have on MY team. This is just my opinion so you all make your own, unless you like mine.

Starting 5

Off the Bench
Shae Deskins - Belfry

The startin 5 looks pretty good, that 4 gaurd line-up would wear teams down. The bench looks alright, IDK about Russell, she hasn't proved anything. I would add the Slone girl from Pburg and Emily Wireman (gotta have another big girl) from JC to the bench.
BIG_COUNTRY_06 Wrote:Let's hear it folks...Who would be your 5 starters and who would you have coming off the bench? Here's who I would have on MY team. This is just my opinion so you all make your own, unless you like mine.

Starting 5

Off the Bench
Shae Deskins - Belfry

Starting 5 looks great, but I would put AD Slone from PC in place of Russell from Paintsville. AD really hustles and she is becoming more and more of a presence in the post for PC.
Let's hear it folks...Who would be your 5 starters and who would you have coming off the bench? Here's who I would have on MY team. This is just my opinion so you all make your own, unless you like mine.

Starting 5

Off the Bench
Holly Harris-Pike Co. Central
Shae Deskins - Belfry
PG- Ashely Jade- Magoffin
SG- Haley Ratliff- Pike Central
SF- Kendra Carroll- Paintsville
PF- Ester Fleming- Valley
C- Kayla Lowe- Pike Central

BENCH

Salley Roberts- Valley
Brittany Manns- Magoffin
Emily Wireman- Johnson Central
Shae Deskins- Belfry
AD Slone- Pike Central
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:PG- Ashely Jade- Magoffin
SG- Haley Ratliff- Pike Central
SF- Kendra Carroll- Paintsville
PF- Ester Fleming- Valley
C- Kayla Lowe- Pike Central

BENCH

Salley Roberts- Valley
Brittany Manns- Magoffin
Emily Wireman- Johnson Central
Shae Deskins- Belfry
AD Slone- Pike Central

I would take this team!!! Looks good.
Redneck Wrote:The startin 5 looks pretty good, that 4 gaurd line-up would wear teams down. The bench looks alright, IDK about Russell, she hasn't proved anything. I would add the Slone girl from Pburg and Emily Wireman (gotta have another big girl) from JC to the bench.

Wireman is not a Senior and not even close to the players named.

Don't forget Amanda Moon from Belfry, Ashley Sumpter from Sheldon Clark, Bre Frasier from Lawrence County.
Tricky Wrote:Wireman is not a Senior and not even close to the players named.

Don't forget Amanda Moon from Belfry, Ashley Sumpter from Sheldon Clark, Bre Frasier from Lawrence County.

This thread isn't about just seniors, read the topic. I put Wireman because she is one of the better big girls in the region and you gotta have more than one big girl.
Redneck Wrote:This thread isn't about just seniors, read the topic. I put Wireman because she is one of the better big girls in the region and you gotta have more than one big girl.

Nope, but there are too many good seniors to pick her over them, and she is average at best at her position; not one of the better inside players in the Region. She isn't even the best in Johnson County.

Starting 5

Off the Bench
Holly Harris-Pike Co. Central
Shae Deskins - Belfry

I agree with this

Starting 5

Off the Bench
Shae Deskins - Belfry
I like it, but I believe I'd have to start Manns just not sure who for. She is the best defensive player in the region and a talented offensive weapon. I just don't see many flaws in her game at all. She's probabily the best conditioned player in the 15th, she never slows down, but thats just my opinion. I'd probabily thow in eighter Emily Wireman-JC or Heather Dean-SF for defensive purposes and some size. I'd like to have #33(name??) from Prestonsburg on my team as well, to add a physical player.
Tricky Wrote:Nope, but there are too many good seniors to pick her over them, and she is average at best at her position; not one of the better inside players in the Region. She isn't even the best in Johnson County.
Then who is? Surely you don't think Welch is better, JC's backup, Chirstina Burton can handle her no problem.
eaglehoops Wrote:Then who is? Surely you don't think Welch is better, JC's backup, Chirstina Burton can handle her no problem.
Here's mine...

1 Ashley J. Howard
2 Kendra Carroll
3 Hayley Ratliff
4 Esther Fleming
5 Kayla Lowe

6 Chelsey Salyers
7 Brittany Manns
8 Michaela Howard
9 Shae Deskins
10 Emily Wireman
Tricky Wrote:Nope, but there are too many good seniors to pick her over them, and she is average at best at her position; not one of the better inside players in the Region. She isn't even the best in Johnson County.

Enlighten me then on who the better post player is in the 57th district, cause I haven't seen all of the teams play, nor have I watched many of the other teams in the region. I was just simply sayin you gotta have more than one post player.
Starting 5

Off the Bench
Holly McCarty- East Ridge
Shae Deskins - Belfry

thetribe Wrote:Starting 5

Off the Bench
Holly McCarty- East Ridge
Shae Deskins - Belfry

this is a good one but to many guards on the bench have to mix and match...:p
Redneck Wrote:Enlighten me then on who the better post player is in the 57th district, cause I haven't seen all of the teams play, nor have I watched many of the other teams in the region. I was just simply sayin you gotta have more than one post player.

Well, easily the best post player in the 57th is Micheala Howard. But she is already on the list.
Yes, in the games I have watched, Welch is a better post player and Brianna Adams, 6' center from Magoffin is better with better post moves and better shot blocking ability. The only thing I have seen Wireman do well is set screens and try to take someones head off with her high elbows.
I would put Micheala Howard into the starting line up, best post player in the 57th and one of the best in the region.
Tricky Wrote:I would put Micheala Howard into the starting line up, best post player in the 57th and one of the best in the region.

i dont think she is better that K. Lowe IMO...if you are looking for a 3 guard line up i would agree but if you are still looking at a 4 guard line up then i would intertwine her and Lowe...Big Grin
PG - Ashley jade - Magoffin Co
SG - Haley Ratliff - Pike Co Central
PF - Micheala Howard - Magoffin Co
C - Kayla Lowe - Pike Co Central

Bench
Brittney Manns
Esther Fleming
Shea Deskins
Emily Wireman
Sally Roberts
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:i dont think she is better that K. Lowe IMO...if you are looking for a 3 guard line up i would agree but if you are still looking at a 4 guard line up then i would intertwine her and Lowe...Big Grin

I'm not taking anything from Lowe, I think she is great. I would put Micheala at the 4 position and Lowe at the 5.
Tricky Wrote:Well, easily the best post player in the 57th is Micheala Howard. But she is already on the list.
Yes, in the games I have watched, Welch is a better post player and Brianna Adams, 6' center from Magoffin is better with better post moves and better shot blocking ability. The only thing I have seen Wireman do well is set screens and try to take someones head off with her high elbows.

Micheala yes, Welch, no way. Wireman doesn't get the ball enough to do anything, but she has proved that when they feed her the ball she can score.
I would put Amber Whitaker from Prestonsburg on it.
Ok. I wouldn't have Emily Wireman on my second bench team. She didn't prove anything to me, except I'm taller than everyone so I'll shoot over you and then I'm gonna block your shots. Wow, what a player...Rolleyes ...If she would've shown me some post moves or some ACTUAL post defense, then maybe she would be on my team. No Offense to her, because blocks do help cause it means they didn't score, but that does nothing for me. I'd like to her play one on one defense with another post player and see if she can play some actual defense. But I do agree with having another big girl on the bench, and I think I would add AD Slone of Pike Central in the place of Jesikah Russell from Paintsville.
That post makes no sense "BIG_COUNTRY". Why do you think college coaches recruit tall players? Some coaches recruit just "shot blockers". Look at Ben Wallace, hell all he can do is block shots and rebound, he makes MILLIONS of dollars for it. Wireman is a good ball player, you just don't like her cause she blocked your shots in high school.
Redneck Wrote:Micheala yes, Welch, no way. Wireman doesn't get the ball enough to do anything, but she has proved that when they feed her the ball she can score.

Only when she is within 2 foot of the basket. I have watched JC 6 times and was not at all impressed with her. I thought their best post player was the Salyers girl who tore up her knee.
you can't go wrong with these girls, but i don't think i would have haley ratliff at the shooting guard position, either sf or pg. but i agree with the starting lineup of ashley jade kendra carroll haley ratliff ester flemming and kayla lowe.
I think we need to expand our "Dream team" to 15 players.
Redneck Wrote:That post makes no sense "BIG_COUNTRY". Why do you think college coaches recruit tall players? Some coaches recruit just "shot blockers". Look at Ben Wallace, hell all he can do is block shots and rebound, he makes MILLIONS of dollars for it. Wireman is a good ball player, you just don't like her cause she blocked your shots in high school.

Well it's just my opinion and quit frankly, IDC what you think...LOL...I still wouldn't have Wireman on my team. When she starts doing some post moves and just doing something other than waiting on someone to block, I'll definitely put her on my team. But until then HECK NO! :howdy: