Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there an upset in the first round?
Any possible upsets?
I would venture to guess that there's a 2v3 game in every class that could go to the lower seeded team. I haven't looked at the full bracket, but that just usually seems to be the case every year.
#3 Western Hills over #2 Russell
I believe that #4 Garrard Co is fully capable of beating #1 Fleming Co in 3A
Pulaski starting a freshman qb against Harlan, possible.
All # 1's will win.
A lot of threes will beat twos but are not upsets. Bell will beat Breathitt.
I wouldn't be shocked if either #2 got beat :popcorn:

#2 Whitley County vs #3 South Laurel or
#2 Knox Central vs #3 John Hardin
#2 Pulaski County vs #3 Harlan County
64SUR Wrote:I wouldn't be shocked if either #2 got beat :popcorn:

#2 Whitley County vs #3 South Laurel or
#2 Knox Central vs #3 John Hardin
#2 Pulaski County vs #3 Harlan County

Hopefully some 1's get beat so you will cry in your beer.
"There's a tear in my beer cause I'm crying for you dear................."

Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:"There's a tear in my beer cause I'm crying for you dear................."

Confusednicker:

I hope he doesn't drive his wagon while drunk Confusednicker:
I'm not going to bet on all of these games, but I think these are the upsets I'm going with, with 1 in each class. I don't think these WILL happen, just that I feel they might be the most probable.

1A- Phelps over Lynn Camp
2A- Washing County over Owen County
3A- Bell County over Breathitt County (Not an upset other than the seeds)
4A- Shelby County over Taylor County
5A- Oldham County over Highlands
6A- Meade County over Henderson County

That's what I'm going with. And I have the most confidence in Bell winning that one, and wouldn't be surprised if it's by a wider margin.
Districts vary so much in each class. Seeding numbers are worthless outside the district competition. Hard to say what's an upset?
pjdoug Wrote:I hope he doesn't drive his wagon while drunk Confusednicker:

I can make predictions and drive a wagon better drunk than you can sober pjdiddy :biglmao:
2-seed Shelby Valley winning at home against 3-seed Somerset would be a big upset, but I don't think anyone suspects it will happen.
Do not be shocked if Bath County gives Lexington Catholic a game or pulls the upset. LC gives up a ton of rushing yards and if BC can keep their offense on the field and grind out yardage, the clock, and score points anything is possible.
Pike Central over Louisville Central!
I hope your right BelfryPride but I think you are wishing more than anything. Save that long drive to Central.
#4 Clay County over #1 Western in 4a, could be a possible upset.
Patriot1 Wrote:I hope your right BelfryPride but I think you are wishing more than anything. Save that long drive to Central.

I hope to see all our mountain teams do well. Plus it'll keep Belfry from making that trip in 2 weeks hahaha
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BelfryPride Wrote:I hope to see all our mountain teams do well. Plus it'll keep Belfry from making that trip in 2 weeks hahaha

I agree with all the mountain teams doing well and the haha,too.
Don't think it will happen, but the biggest potential 1 seed to get upset could be North Laurel. I would give it a decent chance if Lincoln's defense wasn't so bad.
[Image: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-997sJySW7EY/T8...01-009.jpg]
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:Do not be shocked if Bath County gives Lexington Catholic a game or pulls the upset. LC gives up a ton of rushing yards and if BC can keep their offense on the field and grind out yardage, the clock, and score points anything is possible.

Lex Cath by 40 minimum.
Garrard over Fleming... I call a district sweep.
Garrard County could take this game. Any word if Crump is healthy again after going down last week. Pretty clear Fleming's fortunes are tied to a healthy Crump.
64SUR Wrote:I can make predictions and drive a wagon better drunk than you can sober pjdiddy :biglmao:

Come to Colonel Stadium and watch your Cardinals get hammered.
South Laurel over Whitley tonight
Holmes over Johnson Central
Mason over Johnson Central sorry
hoghead Wrote:South Laurel over Whitley tonight

You wish
hoghead Wrote:South Laurel over Whitley tonight

Whitley County is going to hammer South Laurel all night long .