Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weakest class this year
I was looking at all the classes brackets a little bit ago. Some of them had me drooling at the mouth wishing we were playing up or down. What’s your thoughts on the weakest class this year based on who made the playoffs, what seeds, and the scores after the first round?
1a or 2A. Both have good teams at the top but that is about it. Maybe 2 or 3 teams per. But that is comparing them to the other divisions and is irrelevant in the playoffs as you only have to be as good as the teams in 1a or 2a.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

No question. 1A IMO
2A ??? Really. There are prolly 5 teams that can win the 2A title. And most of them would go deep in 3A and 4A classes. Do you follow Danville, Mayfield, LCA, DeSales, CAL at all. Have you seen what level these kids play at? I think not......
1A was my obvious choice. But 4A and the bottom half of the bracket in 5a didn’t impress me at all. 4A has JC and Wayne, that’s about it. Two great teams no doubt, but that’s all there is. I think it’s tougher to win 3a this year than it would be 4A. If you were in the bottom of 5A it’d be ok too. I think I’d rather play in 4A this year than 2A. I know that sounds crazy but to me 2A is more spread out instead of just one tough game to take it. You have mayfield, CAL, Danville, and Desales ain’t to shabby either.
Jackson Purchase Wrote:2A ??? Really. There are prolly 5 teams that can win the 2A title. And most of them would go deep in 3A and 4A classes. Do you follow Danville, Mayfield, LCA, DeSales, CAL at all. Have you seen what level these kids play at? I think not......

I’m with you!! I would rather play in 4 over 2A this year. I think 2 and 3A are pretty close this year. 2A is more spread out but 3As top 4 are tougher I believe.
pretty sure anyone in the state would trade places with corbin this year. Basically a free ride to the final four.
Prime.Time Wrote:pretty sure anyone in the state would trade places with corbin this year. Basically a free ride to the final four.

Well hell, did you call the other teams and tell them not to bother showing up? Apparently you don’t know to much about football if you can’t look at most regions and see the same thing. Speaking of other teams, whose yours by the way??
Prime.Time Wrote:pretty sure anyone in the state would trade places with corbin this year. Basically a free ride to the final four.

Then something drastically scary happens in that semi final round...☠️
From a pound for pound perspective it is 4A and it isn't really close.

1A is the weakest because it is the smallest schools, but 4A is brutally down.

Class 2A 's Top 5 is really, really good.
1A, 4A are the weakest classes from top to bottom and 3A and 6A are the strongest from top to bottom. JMO if they would go to a 4 class system or 5 class system would make overall classes much stronger..JMO
I think it's 1a, where you really only have 1 team (Beechwood) vs the clock as to how much they will score in each game.

Then the next is 4a, but you have some teams flying under the radar there due scheduling.

I certainly think 2a is the toughest. Everyone keeps mentioning the 5 of Mayfield, Danville, DeSales, CAL and LCA. But are you kidding me? What about Somerset, NCC, Lloyd and Glasgow.
Lot of potential for upsets in 2A.
1A and it isn’t even close..
mysonis55 Wrote:I think it's 1a, where you really only have 1 team (Beechwood) vs the clock as to how much they will score in each game.

Then the next is 4a, but you have some teams flying under the radar there due scheduling.

I certainly think 2a is the toughest. Everyone keeps mentioning the 5 of Mayfield, Danville, DeSales, CAL and LCA. But are you kidding me? What about Somerset, NCC, Lloyd and Glasgow.

Glasgow? :hilarious:
Glasgow used to be tough back in the day. I dunno much about them now other than their head coach. But on the class thing. I would rather play up this year than play down to 2A.
3A district 7 or 1A district 7. Come down to who would win between Williamsburg and Powell.
District 7 is weak. But the rest of the class from top to bottom makes up for it
Kentucky needs to have 3 public school classes and a private class every year. To many lopsided games in the playoffs. The first round is pretty much a waste.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Kentucky needs to have 3 public school classes and a private class every year. To many lopsided games in the playoffs. The first round is pretty much a waste.

So, put Lexington Christian Academy in the same class with Trinity would end up with balanced games? Seriously?
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Kentucky needs to have 3 public school classes and a private class every year. To many lopsided games in the playoffs. The first round is pretty much a waste.

no, there should be 4 public classes and 2 private classes
BigBoy52 Wrote:no, there should be 4 public classes and 2 private classes

This makes alot of sense and would be very geographically beneficial for the public schools as far as district alignment.
There are a lot of blowouts but there were 15 3 seeds that won and 1 4 seed. After round 1 things get better and there are some good round 1 games.
BigBoy52 Wrote:no, there should be 4 public classes and 2 private classes

Not enough private schools for it

May be able to do a smaller private class... but the larger is very limited:

Trinity
St. Xavier
Covington Catholic
Lexington Catholic

That's all you got....
Just do it like Tenn. Use a 1.5 multiplier for private schools if they wanna compete in the public domain. Where there isn’t a lot of private schools they would be almost forced to. This would help even it out a little bit. A male school with 500 kids would actually count as 750.
Hound05 Wrote:Just do it like Tenn. Use a 1.5 multiplier for private schools if they wanna compete in the public domain. Where there isn’t a lot of private schools they would be almost forced to. This would help even it out a little bit. A male school with 500 kids would actually count as 750.

Amen. Otherwise this system is going to continue to degrade. All the real football states: Georgia, Florida, Texas, etc. use multipliers to offset the "Private Advantage". Its real, must be dealt with ASAP.
The 6 class system is in its 11th year. There have been 8 private 6A champs, 0 5A, 1 4A, 0 3A, 6 2A and 1 1A. I could have missed something but that's close.
I think there are only 16 private schools playing football. I don’t really see a trend except in 2A. Nothing can be done about 6A.
Hound05 Wrote:Glasgow used to be tough back in the day. I dunno much about them now other than their head coach. But on the class thing. I would rather play up this year than play down to 2A.

Glasgow is Barren.
footballfever Wrote:The 6 class system is in its 11th year. There have been 8 private 6A champs, 0 5A, 1 4A, 0 3A, 6 2A and 1 1A. I could have missed something but that's close.
I think there are only 16 private schools playing football. I don’t really see a trend except in 2A. Nothing can be done about 6A.

How many schools in Kentucky???? 14 championships from 16 schools in 11 yrs. That's called real "Statistical Significance".
Jackson Purchase Wrote:How many schools in Kentucky???? 14 championships from 16 schools in 11 yrs. That's called real "Statistical Significance".

Actually 16 out of 66. Take 6A out ( 7 Trinity 1 St X ) and that’s 8 out of 55. 6 of those in 2A.
Heck BG and Highlands have won ever 5A except 1 and Central and Belfry have won every 3A except one.