Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 63 Waggener 26
The Pirates survive a first half surge by Waggener and blow out the Waggener in the 2nd half.

Belfry travels to Central next week.
AtlPirateFan Wrote:The Pirates survive a first half surge by Waggener and blow out the Waggener in the 2nd half.

Belfry travels to Central next week.
rut roh.
Congrats to Belfry.
I haven't watched Central this year? How will they match up with Belfry?
28-20 Belfry at the Half

Belfry blows it open in the third quarter.

Up Next: Belfry @ Louisville Central
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Can I ask why Belfry has to travel this year ? If I'm not mistaken Belfry traveled last year.
Congratulations Belfry :Cheerlead 14 days Corbin is coming to the mountains :Cheerlead
64SUR Wrote:Congratulations Belfry :Cheerlead 14 days Corbin is coming to the mountains :Cheerlead

I told you one game at a time we got to travel to a tough place to play next week I’m hoping for a show down with the Hounds
Surprising to say the least!!! I feel bad for casey. That group of kids has helped bring that program up, only to have it end in a heartbreaker like that. Glad your kid is ok though. There was some tough shots tonight at our game that was getting me worried, plus it got a little chippy at the end.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:64 what did you think about the Powell Co. and Casey Co. game wow

I hope Corbin will reimburse me for my ticket for next week game........Yes that was a shocker for me.......home games means a lot this time of year. :howdy::howdy::howdy: Belfry win in Louisville next week I been planning on this game for a year now. Corbin is going to take care of business next week in Powell County.......................I thinked Confusedmoke:
Congrats Belfry!
Congratulations to the Belfry Pirates by you need to start playing alittle earlier. Making an old man nervous
Patriot1 Wrote:Congratulations to the Belfry Pirates by you need to start playing alittle earlier. Making an old man nervous

The Offense was there from the start we gave them a little room to run the middle and then the linebackers went out and that put us in a bind but the offense was kicking on all cylinders all night
Pirates are on to the 3rd round. Played pretty good tonight for the most part. We've got to do something about these slow starts. We let Waggner hang around for to long. 28-20 at the half. We did come out and score 35 in the 3rd Qtr and gave up a late TD in the 4th. From here on out it's championship football. We start off slow and sluggish against any of the remaining teams we have to play and it may cost us. But all in all it was just another Friday night for the Pirates. Over 400 yards of total offense and scored over 60 points for the second straight game. Oh yeah, once again our offensive line was supposed to get manhandled by D1 talent and it was quite the opposite. Belfrys Hogs dominated the Waggner defensive front from start to finish! These young lineman have been overlooked all year long except by the Pirate faithful and have stepped up to the challenge week in and week out. They are truly the unsung heroes of this Belfry team. Good win. Now on to face one of our familiar foes out west. Go Pirates!
Congrats to the Pirates!!!! Go get that title!!
Hound05 Wrote:Surprising to say the least!!! I feel bad for casey. That group of kids has helped bring that program up, only to have it end in a heartbreaker like that. Glad your kid is ok though. There was some tough shots tonight at our game that was getting me worried, plus it got a little chippy at the end.

Powell played great, and since I don't think many Powell folks will be in this thread...Our safety has a torn back muscle #5, and our most powerful lineman was only able to play 1 side of the ball tonight. We didn't play him on the D line. Our #5 is the kid that is the heart and soul of our seniors and the one kid we simply can't go replace next season. Not many folks define football as much as that dude does. I wouldn't make these excuses in a Powell/Casey thread, but will tell the facts here. Powell got one illegal onside kicks that the refs let go, and then they recovered another onside kick that their own player touched at the 6 or 7 yard mark, and it pushed the ball another 3 or 4 yards then they dived on it. Another extra possession Powell shouldn't have had. We then had Powell kick it out of bounds, and for some reason we elected to have them rekick...Guess what, Powell onsides and recovers! lol. At this point it was comical, we looked like a 2nd or 3rd grade team running into a team that onsides it all the time, and we just couldn't recover. Again, 1 was 100% illegal and the exact definition of the "pop up kick" rule. Then another was touched before 10 yards. Onto us, we also took too much time on our last offensive series. I know coaches didn't want to leave time, but it bit us there at the end. No one really to blame for this, our defense was hammered by an absolutely determined Powell county team. I thought the Powell coaches called as good a game as anyone we've ever played, tonight, on offense. Defensively Powell couldn't stop us at all, just like we couldn't stop them. I'm actually thinking, we stopped Powell one time in the first half, and they stopped us once. In the second half we stopped them either once or twice, and they didn't stop us at all, until the time ran out and we were basically 6 inches from the goal line, time ran out. Wild game, hate it for the seniors, but something for our juniors and young guys to learn from, I hope. Powell can damn sure play on offense, but Corbin will absolutely slice their defense apart.
Patriot1 Wrote:Congratulations to the Belfry Pirates by you need to start playing alittle earlier. Making an old man nervous

Wish I could “like” this post a million times!!! Pirates are killing me with the slow starts!!!

Congratulations on your win Belfry!!!!
Granny Bear Wrote:Wish I could “like” this post a million times!!! Pirates are killing me with the slow starts!!!

Congratulations on your win Belfry!!!!

It was 28-6 at the end of the first quarter. Belfry let off the gas and Waggener got back into it. Fields and Wellman went out with injuries and Waggener capitalized. Fields got back in the game, but Wellman never returned to the game although he was on the sidelines in full pads after the half but they didnt need him.

The third quarter Belfry exploded. Waggener added a garbage TD in the fourth against our Freshmen.

Overall good performance by Belfry.

Now it's on to Central, this is the showdown the KHSAA setup to knock out one of the two teams to get a new matchup in Lexington.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BHSPIRATE51-87 Wrote:Can I ask why Belfry has to travel this year ? If I'm not mistaken Belfry traveled last year.

The days of Belfry “this year at home through the playoffs” have been technically gone since 2015 when the last realignment took place. Belfry always had traditionally been Region 4 District 8...both EVEN years so in EVEN years if they were a number one district seed they stayed at home till state.

Well in 2015 they switched to Region 3 District 6...one ODD and one even...
During the regional rounds...aka the first 3 games ....you play at the higher seed’s Home field and if two teams are a one seed for example Belfry and Central, then you play the championship at the team with the ODD district , in this case district 3 for Central....that’s the way it’s always been.

For the fourth round, state semis, you play at the site of the ODD region this year. Hypothetically Belfry, Region 3, would host the semis just like they played at Corbin last year, Region 4 in the even year 2016. So theoretically Belfry will always travel at least one time over the years in rounds 3 or 4, unless there are upsets in the first two rounds which would allow you to host a Region in a year you would otherwise travel.
Belfry didn’t start out slow they started fine we had some injuries that slowed the defense down but they got lined out at the half and was fine as for the injuries were good fields went back in finally got lined out Wellman the heart of the defense is good his own man rolled over his ankle Doctor Chuck checked him out and to be on the safe side they had it x-rated and he’s good I’m sure his sore this morning but the kid is a machine so Monday it’s business as usual this will be the 7th time Belfry and Central has matched up against each other should be a dandy
Though it ended up being a beatdown, I'm surprised Waggner hung around for a half.
Westside Wrote:Though it ended up being a beatdown, I'm surprised Waggner hung around for a half.

Waggener was no pushover. They were much better than their record indicated. The injury bug hit them during the season but they still stood toe to toe with Danville only losing by 3, 49-46. They have a couple D-1 prospects, one of which signed with Duke. They had alot of team speed, but they had no answer for Belfry's offense.

Belfry's D wore them out in the 3rd quarter.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Will this game be replayed on ekbtv or wymt Saturday?
VELVET CLOSER Wrote:Will this game be replayed on ekbtv or wymt Saturday?

I doubt WYMT will have it, possibility of EKB but not sure until probably next week sometime.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congratulations Belfry!

Keep on rolling.
BelfryPride Wrote:I doubt WYMT will have it, possibility of EKB but not sure until probably next week sometime.

He’s talking about the Waggener game. Replays on EKB—TV on Saturday at 7 and Sunday at 4 and 830.
VELVET CLOSER Wrote:Will this game be replayed on ekbtv or wymt Saturday?

On EKB-TV Saturday at 7 and Sunday at 4 and 830.
BelfryPride Wrote:It was 28-6 at the end of the first quarter. Belfry let off the gas and Waggener got back into it. Fields and Wellman went out with injuries and Waggener capitalized. Fields got back in the game, but Wellman never returned to the game although he was on the sidelines in full pads after the half but they didnt need him.

The third quarter Belfry exploded. Waggener added a garbage TD in the fourth against our Freshmen.

Overall good performance by Belfry.

Now it's on to Central, this is the showdown the KHSAA setup to knock out one of the two teams to get a new matchup in Lexington.

Central wasn't going to make it to Lexington this year anyway, and probably wouldn't have last year if Corbin had been on their side of the bracket. To me the championship game last year was Belfry and Corbin. A couple of years back, Belfry and Wayne. Belfry has maintained while Central has fallen off a little bit. IMO Boyle county beats Central by 3 touchdowns. Belfry will win this Friday, and then who's best between Belfry and Corbin legit prove they are Championship worthy (Belfry has proven that for a decade). BUT the team on the other side will be proven as well, not quite as much, but still. This year's championship game will be the real deal, best 2 teams in the state most likely playing each other. I do not feel last year was the top 2 teams in the state in the ship. Belfry was definitely #1 basically playing with a full college team (no lie, that talent would beat most small colleges in state). Central wasn't the 2nd best team in state, IMO.
Thank you for the explanation.
smoke1015 Wrote:Central wasn't going to make it to Lexington this year anyway, and probably wouldn't have last year if Corbin had been on their side of the bracket. To me the championship game last year was Belfry and Corbin. A couple of years back, Belfry and Wayne. Belfry has maintained while Central has fallen off a little bit. IMO Boyle county beats Central by 3 touchdowns. Belfry will win this Friday, and then who's best between Belfry and Corbin legit prove they are Championship worthy (Belfry has proven that for a decade). BUT the team on the other side will be proven as well, not quite as much, but still. This year's championship game will be the real deal, best 2 teams in the state most likely playing each other. I do not feel last year was the top 2 teams in the state in the ship. Belfry was definitely #1 basically playing with a full college team (no lie, that talent would beat most small colleges in state). Central wasn't the 2nd best team in state, IMO.

They scored more that Corbin did on us and Central fought down the stretch something Corbin didn’t do so yea i think they were clearly #2 team