Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 82 Mississippi State 84
alfus21 Wrote:I'm not going to say much or argue with any of the awful statements I've seen thus far but I will say a few things. You can say what you want back but most likely you won't get a response from me.

-Morris was the man. 29 and 15. Where has he been all year doing this? Scouts show up for the SEC tourney and now he's amazing.

-Meeks if fast, and will be good. It does amaze me that you people complain about recruiting and you want 5 star players, but Meeks is not a 5 star recruit and he's amazing. Bright future at UK. Tubby goes, Meeks might go as well.

-BUT, Tubby isn't going anywhere. I'll be bold about that statement but 2 bad seasons (in the eyes of most fans) doesn't get it done. He's done enough to keep his job and deserves to at least give it one more chance with the senior and sophomore class of next season.

-Sheray Thomas...This guy taps it in and they call it the shot of the game and I was happy for him. Only to be followed up by a mistake, by which the sounds of it none of you have ever made a mistake. He was getting ready to come out of the game. He had his eye on the scorers' table while the ref had the ball. He started jogging off as the ref put the ball on the ground. It could have happened to anybody.

-Tubby coached a great game. Ramel Bradley, Bobby Perry, and Jasper did nothing today. They all seemed motivated but just didn't play a good game. Like Corndog said, he didn't miss the free throws to ice the game, or the lay up, and he wasn't guarding the players that made some improbable shots such as Gordon's threes.

-Most coaches wouldn't have called a timeout in the situation with 10 seconds left. Watch basketball games from around the country. Teams have designed plays for that situation, and don't want to give the defense a chance to talk it over.

-I'm upset, you guys are upset. Nothing will change that. It sucks that we lost, and I love UK Basketball as much as anybody. The season still isn't over,(go ahead and say might as well be). We should get behind our team and hope for the best in the NCAA tournament. Then look ahead to next season. Rupp will again fill up, fans will still cheer, and none of you will die because of it, and if you do I apologize.

-But from what I can tell. Every last one of you will be fine, and if you're not it may be best to support another team if you truley don't like what Tubby is doing.

-Teams go through these periods. UCONN isn't going to the NCAA this season. Duke lost double digit games, Arizona lost double digit games, Michigan State did, Syracuse is struggling, along with teams like Indiana. This isn't the old days people. Too much parity in the game for the old powers to dominate. I know I don't expect UK to dominate and some of you may not as well. I expect better than what has happened the last two seasons, but I know we'll be back again next season.

-I know there is still ball left to be played, and when the final buzzer goes off for this season I'll start looking forward to next year, no matter who the coach is, or who is on the team. Just like the rest of you should.

Awesome post alfus!:Thumbs:
Thomas never had his head in the game, never. Yes, we did have our chances to beat them in ot, but we should have cleared the deal with that free throw meeks never got to shoot. I cant blame this loss on tubby as far as coaching goes, just no execution and crucial mistakes.
Thank you, Voice of Reason. Thank you for
your embracing of mediocrity. Thank you for
your snuggling up to second rate status in the
SEC. Thank you for telling us that UCONN is
struggling this year with all their youth from
all their previous recruits turning pro. Thank
you for opening yourself to the loss of premier
program status and embracing that as the
norm for most programs. Thank you for
waving good-bye to Patterson. Thank you
for waving good-bye to Pettigrew. But mostly,
thank you for your wonderful ego taking up
all the hot air on BGR.
Couldnt have said it better cavemaster. Great post.
footballdaddy10 Wrote:Thomas never had his head in the game, never. Yes, we did have our chances to beat them in ot, but we should have cleared the deal with that free throw meeks never got to shoot. I cant blame this loss on tubby as far as coaching goes, just no execution and crucial mistakes.
Tubby said in the post game interview that he took responsibility for Thomas's mistake that he told him to move
alfus21 Wrote:I'm not going to say much or argue with any of the awful statements I've seen thus far but I will say a few things. You can say what you want back but most likely you won't get a response from me.

-Morris was the man. 29 and 15. Where has he been all year doing this? Scouts show up for the SEC tourney and now he's amazing.

-Meeks if fast, and will be good. It does amaze me that you people complain about recruiting and you want 5 star players, but Meeks is not a 5 star recruit and he's amazing. Bright future at UK. Tubby goes, Meeks might go as well.

-BUT, Tubby isn't going anywhere. I'll be bold about that statement but 2 bad seasons (in the eyes of most fans) doesn't get it done. He's done enough to keep his job and deserves to at least give it one more chance with the senior and sophomore class of next season.

-Sheray Thomas...This guy taps it in and they call it the shot of the game and I was happy for him. Only to be followed up by a mistake, by which the sounds of it none of you have ever made a mistake. He was getting ready to come out of the game. He had his eye on the scorers' table while the ref had the ball. He started jogging off as the ref put the ball on the ground. It could have happened to anybody.

-Tubby coached a great game. Ramel Bradley, Bobby Perry, and Jasper did nothing today. They all seemed motivated but just didn't play a good game. Like Corndog said, he didn't miss the free throws to ice the game, or the lay up, and he wasn't guarding the players that made some improbable shots such as Gordon's threes.

-Most coaches wouldn't have called a timeout in the situation with 10 seconds left. Watch basketball games from around the country. Teams have designed plays for that situation, and don't want to give the defense a chance to talk it over.

-I'm upset, you guys are upset. Nothing will change that. It sucks that we lost, and I love UK Basketball as much as anybody. The season still isn't over,(go ahead and say might as well be). We should get behind our team and hope for the best in the NCAA tournament. Then look ahead to next season. Rupp will again fill up, fans will still cheer, and none of you will die because of it, and if you do I apologize.

-But from what I can tell. Every last one of you will be fine, and if you're not it may be best to support another team if you truley don't like what Tubby is doing.

-Teams go through these periods. UCONN isn't going to the NCAA this season. Duke lost double digit games, Arizona lost double digit games, Michigan State did, Syracuse is struggling, along with teams like Indiana. This isn't the old days people. Too much parity in the game for the old powers to dominate. I know I don't expect UK to dominate and some of you may not as well. I expect better than what has happened the last two seasons, but I know we'll be back again next season.

-I know there is still ball left to be played, and when the final buzzer goes off for this season I'll start looking forward to next year, no matter who the coach is, or who is on the team. Just like the rest of you should.
you said in a previous thread that there was time for a change what changed your mind ?
does anyone think uk will go into the tournment as a top 5 seed
Paco07 Wrote:does anyone think uk will go into the tournment as a top 5 seed
No, but I see them as high as a 7, maybe 6 if they get lucky. But more than likely I believe they will be in the 8/9 game.
didn't play defense.

None of this matters if you can't come out with the win.
It's getting extremely difficult to support Tubby Smith after this one. I now think it's time for a change. UK basketball has fallen to a mid tier level not only in the SEC but the entire basketball world. Tubby's had 9 years to 'keep' Kentucky basketball at it's expected 'high standards'. Tubby has failed. Anyone who thinks next year will be any different is only kidding themselves. Ten loss Tubby will be racking up another ten loss season. It's definitely time for a change.
I try not to speak of UK negativley very often, but I really don't like Crawford game much at all...Selfish,Selfish,Selfish!!!!

Morris was the man today.
Tubby is horrible. Get it through your head. Do you all expect to win? cause its not going to happen, no matter how much you wish or PRAY.
They wil be lucky to get a 8\9 seed
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I hope there season ends in the first round! And nobody has the right to tell me who to root for, how to root for them and to start rooting for another team. Sheray Thomas couldn't handle the pressure of a putback and possibly game winner, so DOPEY has to screw that up like ALL OF US INSIDE KNEW SOMEWAY, SOMEHOW, ONLY SHERAY THOMAS COULD..SO LONG SHERAY..THANK GOD! Barnhardt, quit being such a pansy and ax Tubby and make 6,999,998 people in Kentucky happy! I will leave it up to everyone else to see who the 2 to make 7,000,000 would have been. PITIFUL and embarrasing today. But I guess in some of your eyes, T-Ball must have have been a VERY IMPORTANT time in your lives and the "Doesn't matter if you win or lose, it is how hard you try" is BS! YOU PLAY SPORTS TO WIN HOPEFULLY! NOTHING ELSE MATTERS!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I hope there season ends in the first round! And nobody has the right to tell me who to root for, how to root for them and to start rooting for another team. Sheray Thomas couldn't handle the pressure of a putback and possibly game winner, so DOPEY has to screw that up like ALL OF US INSIDE KNEW SOMEWAY, SOMEHOW, ONLY SHERAY THOMAS COULD..SO LONG SHERAY..THANK GOD! Barnhardt, quit being such a pansy and ax Tubby and make 6,999,998 people in Kentucky happy! I will leave it up to everyone else to see who the 2 to make 7,000,000 would have been. PITIFUL and embarrasing today. But I guess in some of your eyes, T-Ball must have have been a VERY IMPORTANT time in your lives and the "Doesn't matter if you win or lose, it is how hard you try" is BS! YOU PLAY SPORTS TO WIN HOPEFULLY! NOTHING ELSE MATTERS!

Not that you had any before, but congratulations on officially losing all credibility. I guess it's ok to go break a kids arm like John Cheney and his goons did a year or so ago, atleast they had a chance to win. Rolleyes
corndog23 Wrote:Not that you had any before, but congratulations on officially losing all credibility. I guess it's ok to go break a kids arm like John Cheney and his goons did a year or so ago, atleast they had a chance to win. Rolleyes
K..Not sure what point your making as everyone is trying to probably figure out as well AS ALWAYS with you and another as they do ALL OF YOUR POSTS. Just reading that posts amazes me how you..Ah..I will not go there and say what EVERYONE ELSE THINKS! Would love to actually see a poll on my thoughts so ALL OF BGR or 3/4 would agree on what I am thinking!
You are free to start one.
Unbelievable the way they got beat. Thomas had the tip in there and I thought the game was won, then he had to step out of the lane like an idiot and cause the game to go into OT. Then Morris the leading scorer, 29 points 15 rebounds both career highs, touched the ball like 2 or 3 times in OT, it was the Joe Crawford show, tried to do too much and they ended up on the losing end. Congrats Miss. State.
braves_fan_10 Wrote:OK Mr.Redneck,Perry has been a waste...and Morris is only a junior

That's not young there buddy, this is Morris' third year as a starter Rolleyes
Beef Wrote:So then wouldn't that mean that if their best player is a Freshman then they are young with talent? And they only lose Perry next year. Lots to look forward to IMO.

That's not what I was sayin. Braves fan blames UK's struggles and screw ups on bein "young" and that is not the case. There are only two freshmen that even get to play, the rest are juniors and a senior, that's not young.
Redneck Wrote:That's not what I was sayin. Braves fan blames UK's struggles and screw ups on bein "young" and that is not the case. There are only two freshmen that even get to play, the rest are juniors and a senior, that's not young.

Redneck, we have SEVEN scholarship freshaman and sophomore's. and SIX scholarship Seniors and Juniors....Yes, we are young.
Young or Old we are still horrible.
what does this have to do with anything? Where did John Chaney enter this threat? OK, .................speaking on the UK/Miss State game, Dyron Nix had really curly hair at Tennessee in the 80s, thats about the extent of your point......c'mon man, quit having to quote everything alfus posts to put some kind of point across, because its apparent you cant make a valid point on any subject on BGR without him saying it first. I know I know, you quoted playboy5, but where did you go with it? John Chaney? Jeez..
corndog23 Wrote:Not that you had any before, but congratulations on officially losing all credibility. I guess it's ok to go break a kids arm like John Cheney and his goons did a year or so ago, atleast they had a chance to win. Rolleyes
corndog23 Wrote:Redneck, we have SEVEN scholarship freshaman and sophomore's. and SIX scholarship Seniors and Juniors....Yes, we are young.

Would you use your brain for a minute corndog. HOW MANY of those Freshman actually play, TWO. How many of the Juniors and Seniors play, FIVE. Having 7 Freshmen and Sophomores has nothing to do with Kentucky's record when only TWO of them get playing time.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:what does this have to do with anything? Where did John Chaney enter this threat? OK, .................speaking on the UK/Miss State game, Dyron Nix had really curly hair at Tennessee in the 80s, thats about the extent of your point......c'mon man, quit having to quote everything alfus posts to put some kind of point across, because its apparent you cant make a valid point on any subject on BGR without him saying it first. I know I know, you quoted playboy5, but where did you go with it? John Chaney? Jeez..

Smile Good point Hoss...
thats a great point Red, but of those two that actually get to play, Im wondering if the ones that dont will stay there, or jet like so many before them have..which is what Im betting on...
Redneck Wrote:Would you use your brain for a minute corndog. HOW MANY of those Freshman actually play, TWO. How many of the Juniors and Seniors play, FIVE. Having 7 Freshmen and Sophomores has nothing to do with Kentucky's record when only TWO of them get playing time.
are you the credibility police on BGR ? and why did John Cheney get dragged into this ?
Tubby should have payed more attention to what was goin on he was the one who told Sherray to move
The Fan Wrote:Tubby should have payed more attention to what was goin on he was the one who told Sherray to move
It shocked me that Tubby would actually take the blame for that. I guess first time for everything.