Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle County
54.55%
Corbin
45.45%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County vs. Corbin (3A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP)
Corbin! Go Hounds!!!!!!!!
All the posts about the teams with the least mistakes is gonna win. This will def be a true statement. Coaching will be top notch in this matchup. Saying that, it’s gonna be 2 defenses that are efficient, well oiled, and tuff. Offensively Corbin has a few more wrinkles. That will be the difference. Go Hounds!
bcpc Wrote:All the posts about the teams with the least mistakes is gonna win. This will def be a true statement. Coaching will be top notch in this matchup. Saying that, it’s gonna be 2 defenses that are efficient, well oiled, and tuff. Offensively Corbin has a few more wrinkles. That will be the difference. Go Hounds!

I agree with everything you said except your conclusions.
Boyle Co hasn't given up more than 19 points this season and the rush defense gives up an average of around 80 yards a game. I'm not really sure how Corbin wins this game if these stats prove to be legit. The Rebels are balanced on offense and don't turn the ball over.

Rebels - 28
Hounds - 14
So the offense that scored 644 points has fewer wrinkles and effectiveness than the team that scored 522?
They are both balanced offensively. The one with more wrinkles is Corbin. They have more sets and formations. Thus, will give them the ability to get playmakers the ball in space... I guess what I’m sayin Hatz! We won’t run the same plays over and over up the middle and off tackle. And don’t run the same passing plays either. Haddix and company are a lil more diverse on Offense than Smith and the rebels. I’m not talkin about total points for the season. We could’ve racked up several more points on the season in weeks 5-13 but our Jv was on the field after half time. Don’t give me that Bull crap that you have a high powered O that can just score at will on good teams.. We are a good team. Danville is a good team. Etown was a good team. That’s not gonna fly with me, I know better. We haven’t played our best game either! Hoping we do that this Friday!
jackal405 Wrote:You forgot one. 8/28/17. Boyle JV 26, Corbin 0......Not quite a 3-peat. Rebels by 10 in a war....

It was 33-0 I think and trust me when I tell you that some of the people on here have their own agenda and it doesn't matter what you bring to the table.

Boyle is loaded across the board and is just hitting its stride.
bcpc Wrote:They are both balanced offensively. The one with more wrinkles is Corbin. They have more sets and formations. Thus, will give them the ability to get playmakers the ball in space... I guess what I’m sayin Hatz! We won’t run the same plays over and over up the middle and off tackle. Haddix and company are a lil more diverse on Offense than Smith and the rebels. I’m not talkin about total points for the season. We could’ve racked up several more points on the season in weeks 5-13 but our Jb was on the field after half time. Don’t give me that Bull crap that you have a high powered O that can just score at will on good teams.. we are a good team. Danville is a good team. Etown was a good team. That’s not gonna fly with me, I know better.

What is hilarious is you think that this EXACT POST couldn't be from a Boyle fan. Neither team has had to show all of their formations and capabilities on offense. The bottom line is when you are running the ball down teams throats all you do is that.

I'll take BC defense over Corbin's and their speed and athleticism across the board will be the difference. Stats don't lie.
Knott County Central - Western Carter
Bell County - Western Hills
Powell County - Lexington Catholic
Central - Elizabethtown

I'm still trying to figure out how ones path is harder than the other's?
Rebel55 Wrote:Knott County Central - Western Carter
Bell County - Western Hills
Powell County - Lexington Catholic
Central - Elizabethtown

I'm still trying to figure out how ones path is harder than the other's?

Western Hills and LexCath would have beaten Knott, Bell and Powell.
Neither path was hard with exception of last nights games....

Regular season I’ll take Corbin’s schedule.
Alcoa. 3a Tenn championship
Beechwood. 1a championship
Mayfield 2a championship
Central
If you guys wanna throw up stats, how many teams on your schedule still playing? Do you think these teams had no speed? And weren’t good across the board?
bcpc Wrote:Neither path was hard with exception of last nights games....

Mayfield 2a championship
Central
If you guys wanna throw up stats, how many teams on your schedule still playing? Do you think these teams had no speed? And weren’t good across the board?

I guess we'll see on Friday who has the best team.

Good luck and I hope it is an injury free game.
I will make prediction pretty quick and painless Alcoa,Mayfield,Central :ChairHit:

Corbin 28
Boyle County 14

2017 State Champions Corbin Redhounds......Confusedhh: Confusedhh: Confusedhh:
LOL I’m done for the week! Hoping for a injury free, good game!
Hatz Wrote:So the offense that scored 644 points has fewer wrinkles and effectiveness than the team that scored 522?

Some of that difference Hatz is probably due to Corbin's murderers row of a non conf. schedule. Alcoa Tn, Mayfield, Beechwood all playing for state titles this weekend. Not many can say that for their schedule.

Not taking away from Boyle or saying they had a weak schedule. Just making a point- nobody in 3A is going to score a ton of points on those 3 teams.

Boyle did what good teams to, shredded them all, except Danville and Etown which were close games. Going to be a war between the two best teams in 3A this year.

Mayfield 2a championship
Central

Probably right.

Danville
Collins
Wayne County
Elizabethtown

Mayfield 2a championship
Central

I agree with you, but you did not play Central in the regular season... The others for sure.

I have picked Corbin and will stick with that. If Boyle does somehow end up being faster than Central (I know Boyle has great track speed)...But if Boyle proves to have a true match at receiver for Central's best kid, this game will be a nail biter. I am of the mind, right now, to think that Central's WR's are a bit more versatile. But one of the main strengths of Corbin is their secondary, and Central had one kid they simply couldn't defend at times. Does Boyle truly have that. I know what the numbers say. I know that you had some of the top receivers in 3A. Guess what?! Casey county had THE top receiver in 3A as far as numbers. Corbin played him pretty well. Central had a receiver even faster who ran routes just as well, and Corbin did struggle with him. Now to see if Boyle's kids are for real against this type of defense. They have played a team as good (maybe) as Corbin this yea, Danville, and lost. In my opinion Corbin just defeated a team that maybe they weren't supposed to beat. This and the 2A game are my picks for the 2 best games in the finals
The Wayne win for Boyle was a pretty good one though. Wayne is no slouch.
64SUR Wrote:I will make prediction pretty quick and painless Alcoa,Mayfield,Central :ChairHit:

Corbin 28
Boyle County 14

2017 State Champions Corbin Redhounds......Confusedhh: Confusedhh: Confusedhh:

I am with you 64, I haven’t missed by much all season when calling scores, but I think you nailed this one. Beat me to the punch, with that said I will not post anymore this week cause Boyle fans get pretty defensive if people don’t roll over And go ahead and crown them champs. But they already know that is not how the HOUNDS do thangs.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:I am with you 64, I haven’t missed by much all season when calling scores, but I think you nailed this one. Beat me to the punch, with that said I will not post anymore this week cause Boyle fans get pretty defensive if people don’t roll over And go ahead and crown them champs. But they already know that is not how the HOUNDS do thangs.

Oh come on now...this is either team. This is everyone that is state contender worthy. From an unbiased, for the most part opinion, this goes both ways. I do agree with the sentiment. Wait and see if you're able to talk trash early Saturday morning. lol
With two teams this good it could go either way. The Boyle fans over on max preps are already preparing the victory parade. I don't see a blowout either way. Either team could win on any given night. I think this is definitely the game to watch out of all the finals.
smoke1015 Wrote:Oh come on now...this is either team. This is everyone that is state contender worthy. From an unbiased, for the most part opinion, this goes both ways. I do agree with the sentiment. Wait and see if you're able to talk trash early Saturday morning. lol

I will talk trash now if I want to but i am choosing not to. Look smoke, i have dealt with them all through the middle school stuff, so unless you was there don’t tell me crap. After we won they was finally shut up until now and i am not going to get back into it. I called that score within 3 points and hit this one in the head also, I told them in September how it would play out.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:I will talk trash now if I want to but i am choosing not to. Look smoke, i have dealt with them all through the middle school stuff, so unless you was there don’t tell me crap. After we won they was finally shut up until now and i am not going to get back into it. I called that score within 3 points and hit this one in the head also, I told them in September how it would play out.

:worthy:
Agree with 64SUR. Corbin 28 Boyle 14
Hounds by 7
Boyle
11-1 vs top 7000
2-1 vs top 2000

Corbin
9-1 vs top 7000
2-1 vs top 2000
smoke1015 Wrote:I agree with you, but you did not play Central in the regular season... The others for sure.

I have picked Corbin and will stick with that. If Boyle does somehow end up being faster than Central (I know Boyle has great track speed)...But if Boyle proves to have a true match at receiver for Central's best kid, this game will be a nail biter. I am of the mind, right now, to think that Central's WR's are a bit more versatile. But one of the main strengths of Corbin is their secondary, and Central had one kid they simply couldn't defend at times. Does Boyle truly have that. I know what the numbers say. I know that you had some of the top receivers in 3A. Guess what?! Casey county had THE top receiver in 3A as far as numbers. Corbin played him pretty well. Central had a receiver even faster who ran routes just as well, and Corbin did struggle with him. Now to see if Boyle's kids are for real against this type of defense. They have played a team as good (maybe) as Corbin this yea, Danville, and lost. In my opinion Corbin just defeated a team that maybe they weren't supposed to beat. This and the 2A game are my picks for the 2 best games in the finals

The reason your receiver was number 1 in 3A is because Boyle didn’t have to throw the ball to the Smith kid as often or he more than likely would have owned that spot. Look at the amount of receptions. Not saying that being ranked number one in that category has any bearing but Boyle does have very good receivers. Last night the QB struggled a little to get the ball to them he made some bad throws but that is part of the game.
FoSho Wrote:Boyle Co hasn't given up more than 19 points this season and the rush defense gives up an average of around 80 yards a game. I'm not really sure how Corbin wins this game if these stats prove to be legit. The Rebels are balanced on offense and don't turn the ball over.

Rebels - 28
Hounds - 14

Including last nights game Boyle's defense is allowing 66 yds rushing per game.
Does anyone know who the home team will be? I want to buy tickets and want to sit on Boyle's side.
blackandgold4life Wrote:The reason your receiver was number 1 in 3A is because Boyle didn’t have to throw the ball to the Smith kid as often or he more than likely would have owned that spot. Look at the amount of receptions. Not saying that being ranked number one in that category has any bearing but Boyle does have very good receivers. Last night the QB struggled a little to get the ball to them he made some bad throws but that is part of the game.

Jacob Tamme probably never led a class in receiving but he was the best receiver in his class his last two years.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next