Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kaylea Gross
As most of you know, Kaylea suffered a knee injury early in the game against South Laurel in the WYMT Classic Tournament.

I've been waiting for an announcement from her or her family out of respect for her. That has happened.

Unfortunately, her ACL is completely torn, MLC is partially torn and her meniscus is also damaged. Kaylea's high school career is over.

Please pray for Kaylea and her family as they are all devastated and she faces some pretty hefty surgery.

I've watched this child play basketball since she started and I'm so sorry that she has to deal with this. She was a wonderful player and student athlete.

Good luck to you Kaylea; we will miss you!!
prayers from south laurel
I hate to hear about the extent of her injury. She is a terrific player! Best wishes and prayers for a full recovery and a great college career.
This is so sad in so many ways. She is a great player and looking forward to a strong finish as a high school athlete and also a future of college basketball, which I’m sure through hard work and determination she will still achieve her college goals.
The best of luck to her in her rehabilitation.
Thoughts, prayers and well wishes extended to her and her family. I enjoyed watching her highlights and her development.
Prayers from Knott Central! A classy young Lady! Prayers for successful surgery and fast recovery!

Larry Thornsberry and Kamryn Thornsberry (#3 Lady Patriots)
Granny Bear, ole fatpat sending thoughts and prayers to that fine youngin. She was a dominant player that gained our respect and attention. Good luck to the Bearz throughout this season.
Kaylea's entire family are/were outstanding athletes. Her grandmother was keeping stats for me one time at a tournament down in Bowling Green. She leaned over my shoulder and whispered...."I think I'm in labor, but I'm not leaving and I'll be okay."

Talk about dedication!!!

In all seriousness, I knew Kaylea was in big trouble when she left the game. She is one tough kid, and that was the first time I ever saw her leave a game. That attitude and determination will get her through this, but I know she's going through a rough patch right now.

Your guys' prayers are much appreciated. It will help!
Very sad to hear this about Kaylea. We were there and knew it definitely didn't look good when she went down.

Will continue prayers for her.
Prayers from Owsley County. Never had the privilege of seeing her play. But everything I have heard about her is she's a great player and even better kid. Prayers again for a full recovery.
Kaylea is clearly one of the all time great players to come out of Harlan County! My heart goes out to her and her family, Kaylea is still very young and has a great future in college basketball ahead of her! Good luck with your surgery and rehab, come back strong!!!
I hate to see any athlete get hurt and especially in their senior year. good luck in your future
I agree hitter
Wonderful player hate to hear this news. Pray for a speedy recovery.
Hate to hear this. Hope for a full recovery
I talked to her dad the other day. I can't remember the name of the college where she had planned to go, but he told me they were on board with her rehab and training. He also said that her scholly was still in play.

I'll miss seeing her play!
Get well soon :getwell: from 64SUR Kaylea Gross
So sorry! Get well soon!
Where is she expected to play college ball at?
Granny Bear Wrote:As most of you know, Kaylea suffered a knee injury early in the game against South Laurel in the WYMT Classic Tournament.

I've been waiting for an announcement from her or her family out of respect for her. That has happened.

Unfortunately, her ACL is completely torn, MLC is partially torn and her meniscus is also damaged. Kaylea's high school career is over.

Please pray for Kaylea and her family as they are all devastated and she faces some pretty hefty surgery.

I've watched this child play basketball since she started and I'm so sorry that she has to deal with this. She was a wonderful player and student athlete.

Good luck to you Kaylea; we will miss you!!
:Sad04:
I keep hearing she may go to U of Cumberland... is that true or just a rumor?
Harlan will miss this one during tourney time. Get well soon!
Prayers for her, her family and her team.