Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mueller Under Fire from 'Conservative Media
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/12/1...-list.html

It is interesting that now they (talking media points for FAUX NEWS) is attacking Mueller.

I believe that this is to temper the results of the investigation or to call them illegitimate when they are released.

My reasoning is very simple:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli...101810310/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/...6d1fe2957a

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/...raise.html
Note: Here, here! for a free, unhindered, vigorous press. Here, here! for a clear and definite wall of separation between church and state.
Here, here! for a balance of powers between executive, legislative, and judicial branches of government.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Note: Here, here! for a free, unhindered, vigorous press. Here, here! for a clear and definite wall of separation between church and state.
Here, here! for a balance of powers between executive, legislative, and judicial branches of government.

One sad day in US history 7 misguided souls, justices of the US Supreme Court, ruled to legalize abortion. That day was January 22, 1973. Abortion from that day forward was to be "Safe, legal and rare." Those 'procedures,' were to be under the authority of the individual states. Since that date and despite any liberal rationalizations to the contrary, American hands drip with the blood of 60 million precious little babies.

Now you can call that astronomic number rare if you like, and you can and should thank the ridiculous mid 20th Century misinterpretation of the concept of separation of Church and state for all 60 million of them. I will have my own concerns while standing in front of The Eternal Judge to be sure, notwithstanding, I cannot imagine being called before the throne of Judgment having ruled in favor of Roe v Wade. Nor could I imagine the shame I might feel in voting for candidates who openly advocate for abortion on demand.

I would just point out there will be no wall of separation, no mitigating or clever discourse, no where to run to ease the pain of the reality of that "Great and terrible day of the Lord."

Government divorced from Godly respect is little more than tyranny.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:One sad day in US history 7 misguided souls, justices of the US Supreme Court, ruled to legalize abortion. That day was January 22, 1973. Abortion from that day forward was to be "Safe, legal and rare." Those 'procedures,' were to be under the authority of the individual states. Since that date and despite any liberal rationalizations to the contrary, American hands drip with the blood of 60 million precious little babies.

Now you can call that astronomic number rare if you like, and you can and should thank the ridiculous mid 20th Century misinterpretation of the concept of separation of Church and state for all 60 million of them. I will have my own concerns while standing in front of The Eternal Judge to be sure, notwithstanding, I cannot imagine being called before the throne of Judgment having ruled in favor of Roe v Wade. Nor could I imagine the shame I might feel in voting for candidates who openly advocate for abortion on demand.

I would just point out there will be no wall of separation, no mitigating or clever discourse, no where to run to ease the pain of the reality of that "Great and terrible day of the Lord."

Government divorced from Godly respect is little more than tyranny.

Any constitutional scholar worth his salt will tell you there is absolutely no provision in the Constitution for special counsels.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Any constitutional scholar worth his salt will tell you there is absolutely no provision in the Constitution for special counsels.

I agree that founders could have never imagined a country that is as complex as we have it now. No way they could of imagined all the technological changes that have occurred. So I don't think they could have imagined things like Watergate or in this case the Russian investigation.
mr.fundamental Wrote:I agree that founders could have never imagined a country that is as complex as we have it now. No way they could of imagined all the technological changes that have occurred. So I don't think they could have imagined things like Watergate or in this case the Russian investigation.

Well now we don't really agree on that. Technological advancements have been made that without a doubt could never have been imagined in the founder's day. But human nature, governmental guile, the thirst for power and willingness to use corrupt and tyrannical methods to control the masses, are all the same. The Constitution is not a tech manual, it is a timelessly principled and moral guide for honorable self governance.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
⬆️
A lot of the Founders were deeply influenced by The Enlightenment. They knew society (science, culture, practice and fancy) to be an ever changing, ever evolving dynamic. Thus, they enshrined essential liberties while embracing open ended flexibility. The Constitution manages both quite nicely, in spite of numerous historical attempts to encroach upon basic freedoms and stultify adaptability. Thus, and I say this directly and without hesitation or doubt: Here, here! to separation of powers. Here, here! to the wall of separation between church and state. Here, here to the movement away from tribalism, racism, and sexism as the Constitution has grown up amongst us.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:⬆️
A lot of the Founders were deeply influenced by The Enlightenment. They knew society (science, culture, practice and fancy) to be an ever changing, ever evolving dynamic. Thus, they enshrined essential liberties while embracing open ended flexibility. The Constitution manages both quite nicely, in spite of numerous historical attempts to encroach upon basic freedoms and stultify adaptability. Thus, and I say this directly and without hesitation or doubt: Here, here! to separation of powers. Here, here! to the wall of separation between church and state. Here, here to the movement away from tribalism, racism, and sexism as the Constitution has grown up amongst us.

Don't point any arrows at one of my posts when you belch out this kind of swamp gas. Predictable compromise is not particularly noble and relativity is a scourge, not a foundation. Morality is therefore not flexible, nor does any passing social dynamic mitigate personal responsibility where that applies to the principles of self governance or one's sted before The Almighty.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
There exists at this point mountains of evidence that Mueller and his entire staff are demonstrably biased against Trump. Unfortunately for the equivocators on the left, the record of events on the matter of any sort of Trump campaign collusion with Russia is transparent. There was none. There is however an abundance of irrefutable information out there on Democrat collusion with Russia, Uranium One, and now we see more and more coming out on the email scandal.

I understand that facts do not matter to the Trump haters, so I wouldn't expect to sway any of them at any point. But, that doesn't have any impact on the truth.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
⬆️
“I understand that facts do not matter to the Trump haters.”

Speaking of swamp gas....⬆️
“I understand that facts do not matter to the Trump haters.”

Speaking of swamp gas....⬆️

Again we see displayed your limitations in coming up with anything original. There is nothing I publish that you will not plagiarize.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Again we see displayed your limitations in coming up with anything original. There is nothing I publish that you will not plagiarize.

You’re nothing if not consistently impressed by yourself.

Mueller is conducting a thorough, exhaustive investigation. We’ll see.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:You’re nothing if not consistently impressed by yourself.

Mueller is conducting a thorough, exhaustive investigation. We’ll see.

Well, try as I might to be impressed with you, all I can say is I recognize my own writing style. It is after all an extension of myself.

Mueller is wasting millions of dollars and that's all he's doing. That is unless his investigation really has as Rep Jim Jordan ® OH now openly charges; revealed that the FBI helped to pay for the Steele dossier and then used it to get a FISA warrant. And unless Lou Dobbs is correct in his charge that Mueller is attempting the first coup d'é·tat in the history of this nation. And we are aware of all this thanks entirely to the fact that the resistance now find themselves victim to very eavesdropping methods pioneered by and as used by the FBI and 16 other government intelligence agencies to spy on the Trump campaign. That and an unfathomably replete data archive to verify facts, establish the actual timelines and the shadowy players who had until recently been hidden from view. Therefore conservatives now find themselves in the happy position of just allowing the events speak for themselves. And so far, the record completely contradicts every one of you guy's talking points.

I warned you that investigative sword cuts both ways.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Regardless of what Mueller finds in his investigation I assure you that he isn’t wasting any money at all.

This is also the time that we need to remember that Michael Flynn is working with the FBI.
I ask, since the discrediting campaign of Mueller is now officially underway if his investigation reveals that no wrongdoing was done by anyone on the Trump campaign does that mean we shouldn’t believe Mueller’s findings?

Asking for a friend.......
Mossy Wrote:I ask, since the discrediting campaign of Mueller is now officially underway if his investigation reveals that no wrongdoing was done by anyone on the Trump campaign does that mean we shouldn’t believe Mueller’s findings?

Asking for a friend.......

According to Rep Ron DeSantis ® FL, Judiciary Committee and Oversight Committee only this morning; There exists as we speak compelling evidence for the following.

1) - Democrats (DNC) colluded with and paid former British agent Christopher Steele to produce a dossier on the Republican nominee for President during the campaign.

2 - Steele then paid Russian agents or officials to produce the salacious and now discredited dossier. And where did he get the money he used bribe people or buy people?

3) - Said dossier was then taken to the FISA court to stand as evidence to obtain the warrant under which 17 federal intelligence agencies spied on the Trump campaign.

4) - Again according to Rep DeSantis. If true, that means the Obama Administration and the DOJ in a display of rabid partisanship, took part in a scheme to discredit the Republican Nominee for President.

Now you tell me. Do you really want to see a sitting and duly elected President deposed by the political operatus of the opposing party because they refuse to accept they lost an election? Because that's what we're looking at here according to DeSantis on FOX and FRIENDS Dec 17, 2017.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
⬆️
President Donald Trump fired James Comey, wants to fire Bob Mueller. Richard Nixon.
President Donald Trump fired James Comey, wants to fire Bob Mueller. Richard Nixon.

You're never able to refute the facts, but you sure can repeat the talking points. What James Comey got, he had coming to him. How does one lay claim to neutrality when he's written a letter of exoneration 2 months before the investigation is even over with? If you ask me there are two paths Comey could have taken. He could have gone where the evidence took him. Or he could have dragged the evidence to the place he wanted it to go.

Do you ever get tired of just making stuff up? Nobody has ever heard Trump say he wants to fire Mueller. Just the opposite is in fact the case. There are limits to the stupidity though. Over the past two years the federal agencies that are supposed to gather evidence of misdeeds and wrongdoing have come up with nada on Trump or his campaign. So they bypassed established norms and the law to get the Deputy AG to begin an investigation to see if they could find something to investigate the President for. And incredibly though they have uncovered tons of stuff on Democrats, still noting exists on Republicans. They were supposed to be looking for collusion between Russia and Republicans but they've only managed to prove it against Dems.

In my view and others, special counsels are still beholden to the people. The stonewalling of the agencies involved where normal evidentiary channels have been shut down is unacceptable. Therefore DeSantis says they can either start complying with subpoenas and the documents requested by the Congress of the United States, or it is time to shut it down because after two years there is no evidence against the President at all. In fact, they're spending millions in tax dollars to move the boxes of evidence against Dems out of the way every darn day. Why? So that they can continue excavations deeper into the lifelong affairs of Mr Trump. They're desperate.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
⬆️
Note: ‘pubs seeking to shut down committee, not scheduling witnesses, scheduling depositions of key witnesses so dems would miss key votes on tax proposal if choose to attend (which is how politics works) and yet on and on and on and on the blather goes, self-righteous and zealotous, blah, blah, blah.

Donald Trump is as Nixonian in his hatred of the press and desire to quash investigative freedom as is possible.
Note: ‘pubs seeking to shut down committee, not scheduling witnesses, scheduling depositions of key witnesses so dems would miss key votes on tax proposal if choose to attend (which is how politics works) and yet on and on and on and on the blather goes, self-righteous and zealotous, blah, blah, blah.

Donald Trump is as Nixonian in his hatred of the press and desire to quash investigative freedom as is possible.

Here's a little tip. Something would have to be based in reality for others to be able to take note of it. Otherwise it's a load of bull. But I will give credit where it's due. You can put more of it in the air than a tornado over a Texas stockyard.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Here's a little tip. Something would have to be based in reality for others to be able to take note of it. Otherwise it's a load of bull. But I will give credit where it's due. You can put more of it in the air than a tornado over a Texas stockyard.

Let’s see: an increased attack upon the prosecutor with choreographed points to be made in the press and on a large, conservative news source: ah, the “discredit smokescreen.” By all means, have at it. It is politics, after all, where, as in love and war, all is fair. No claim of exclusion to the practices of the political arts here on behalf of Dems. But, certainly a calling out of the total, complete and utter nonsense of any assertion that the ‘pubs are above it. Laughable.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Let’s see: an increased attack upon the prosecutor with choreographed points to be made in the press and on a large, conservative news source: ah, the “discredit smokescreen.” By all means, have at it. It is politics, after all, where, as in love and war, all is fair. No claim of exclusion to the practices of the political arts here on behalf of Dems. But, certainly a calling out of the total, complete and utter nonsense of any assertion that the ‘pubs are above it. Laughable.

The left is making a heck of an effort to revise history, so why not just revise current events too while they're at it, right? I'm not denying you guys can lie to school kids and sway them for a while, but you'll never pull it off with those of us who prefer reality. The ridiculousness quoted above is really all you've ever got as the record of events means nothing to you while talking points are everything. The Dems are lost right now, with Schumer, Pelosi, Elizabeth Warren, and Bernie Sanders leading the walking dead. Their presence does present opportunity for some small amount of fiscal saving however, as they don't even need makeup. They are the ignoble champions of abortion and gay rights, and adherents of an undefined 'resistance,' you should be proud.

I agree the tactic worked in Alabama, but if the Dem's plan is to smear their way back into the majority this November, and really what else do they have, the voters will have none of it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
⬆️
Pure comedy. President Donald Trump appears to be a once bankrupt indebted friend of Vladimir Putin (“It’s Vladimir, Mr. President, for your weekly fix”). Ah, no, TRT exclaims, Lou Dobbs and Sean, Captains Unbiased, say this, say that, say rat-a-tat-tat. Please. Ultimately, the investigation will run its course, and we’ll see.
Pure comedy. President Donald Trump appears to be a once bankrupt indebted friend of Vladimir Putin (“It’s Vladimir, Mr. President, for your weekly fix”Wink. Ah, no, TRT exclaims, Lou Dobbs and Sean, Captains Unbiased, say this, say that, say rat-a-tat-tat. Please. Ultimately, the investigation will run its course, and we’ll see.

Not to normal people, he doesn't. If Vladimir has a friend in powerful US political circles that person would have to be Barack Obama; For which case there actually exists a plethora of evidence in support BTW. I mean, we do have Obama on tape asking Medvedev to wait until "after the election" when he'd have more "flexibility." And did not the Obama State Department okey doke the sale of uranium to RUSSIA? Said uranium should have for the sake of our own national security, remained under the control of the American people.

And what was your evidence again? Oh that's right, I keep asking but you can't begin to list a single infraction supposedly attributable to President Trump, that is for which there is the thinnest scintilla of evidence. There is enough got air being blown out there so as to attract the attention of the EPA though, and to that end you are all-in.

You know, several years ago when Dobbs was on CNN you'd likely have bet your life what he said was true. Now that he's at FOX it's all different though huh? I will take the reporting of Dobbs, Hannity, Varney, and the many other patriotic Americans who're out there speaking the truth any day, over the drivel The Urban Sombrero slobbers on about if it's all the same to you. Not to despair. Gitback Coach and a few other curmudgeons in training wheels just love you. :biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
⬆️
“Speaking the truth” (as TRT sees it) which is quite different from the actual truth (which is not told at a slant). It is clear that President Trump holds Putin in a regard unusual for an American President. It is clear President Trump is uncomfortable with the direction of Mueller’s investigation. It is clear that several zealotous posters have ZERO scale of balance upon which to measure the ever-tweeting don.
“Speaking the truth” (as TRT sees it) which is quite different from the actual truth (which is not told at a slant). It is clear that President Trump holds Putin in a regard unusual for an American President. It is clear President Trump is uncomfortable with the direction of Mueller’s investigation. It is clear that several zealotous posters have ZERO scale of balance upon which to measure the ever-tweeting don.

What's CLEAR, is the conspicuous lack of substantive content in any post you've yet to make in this thread. Can you post a thing by way or evidence? Nope. The closest you can come is a schoolyard slam, "the ever tweeting don." But as hollow verbiage is your forte, I would expect you to continue on with even more clinical level political projection.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
⬆️
Evidence? That’s Mueller’s job. He’s doing it. As for a prima facie case for obstruction? Surely you jest. As for El Tweetitano wanting rid of Mueller? Surely you joust? Now, as to collusion reaching into the occupant of the Oval Office? We’ll see. However, as to collusion reaching into his campaign and close associates? Come on. Stop being coy and dancing with fanciful denial.
TheRealThing Wrote:According to Rep Ron DeSantis ® FL, Judiciary Committee and Oversight Committee only this morning; There exists as we speak compelling evidence for the following.

1) - Democrats (DNC) colluded with and paid former British agent Christopher Steele to produce a dossier on the Republican nominee for President during the campaign.

2 - Steele then paid Russian agents or officials to produce the salacious and now discredited dossier. And where did he get the money he used bribe people or buy people?

3) - Said dossier was then taken to the FISA court to stand as evidence to obtain the warrant under which 17 federal intelligence agencies spied on the Trump campaign.

4) - Again according to Rep DeSantis. If true, that means the Obama Administration and the DOJ in a display of rabid partisanship, took part in a scheme to discredit the Republican Nominee for President.

Now you tell me. Do you really want to see a sitting and duly elected President deposed by the political operatus of the opposing party because they refuse to accept they lost an election? Because that's what we're looking at here according to DeSantis on FOX and FRIENDS Dec 17, 2017.

Absolutely. I want any and all people who did things illegally for personal or political gain to be brought to justice. I don’t care who it is or what party they claim. DC needs to be cleaned up from top to bottom on both sides of the aisle so yes, prosecute all guilty parties who have had a hand in ruining American politics.
Mossy Wrote:Absolutely. I want any and all people who did things illegally for personal or political gain to be brought to justice. I don’t care who it is or what party they claim. DC needs to be cleaned up from top to bottom on both sides of the aisle so yes, prosecute all guilty parties who have had a hand in ruining American politics.

You either dodged the question or didn't understand it. Either way if you're convinced the President should be impeached despite the fact that no evidence exists, that's pure partisanship.

Are you at all troubled by the shenanigans of the last administration, or did those horns sprout after the election?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Evidence? That’s Mueller’s job. He’s doing it. As for a prima facie case for obstruction? Surely you jest. As for El Tweetitano wanting rid of Mueller? Surely you joust? Now, as to collusion reaching into the occupant of the Oval Office? We’ll see. However, as to collusion reaching into his campaign and close associates? Come on. Stop being coy and dancing with fanciful denial.

Bull, the same lawyers that helped the last administration stonewall investigators for the entire Obama era are now working for Mueller, exceeding their authority and exploiting their deep state connections to illegally seize private documents. Dershowitz is on tv right now saying this kind of tactic is typical for Mueller. And Greg Jarrett is jumping up and down about it.

Even Doug Schoen is in a lather over what's going on and worries we are near to Constitutional crisis. And of course Jeff Sessions (who's evidently been entered in the witness protection program) has to go. But you know who just loves him? The Dems of course, the very people who tried their best to deny Sessions confirmation in the first place.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]