Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Year in the 15th Region
OffTheHook Wrote:Well something needs to be done. You have those teams in the 59th & 60th playing one and at the most two games and going to the Region. When you have teams in the 57th playing at least two sometimes three games to get there. Big deal ya say? 57th is worn out by the time they get there cause they have been killing each other for a week. So YES it is a big deal. IMO.

Well that is what I take from this message!
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:hey how about this the 57th give the 60th one of your alls teams and we will call it even. You all will get the so called fairness you want and we can widdle the competiton out b-4 we get to region.

Nice post! Thanks for the assistance by the way!
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:hey how about this the 57th give the 60th one of your alls teams and we will call it even. You all will get the so called fairness you want and we can widdle the competiton out b-4 we get to region.
you seem to be an intelligent person .Tell me how its fair to have to play a playin game to get the right to play a #1 seed to get the right to go to regions when some teams dont even have to play a game . This year SC had 2 play Lawerence Co they had a really hard game a lot of physical play then the next night have to come and play Magoffin by halftime they were just worn out . How can you say " so called fairness " when that is exactly what it would be .
Hawksfan Wrote:Nice post! Thanks for the assistance by the way!

lol im just saying give us one i wouldn't mind IMO PC or Belfry can take on any of them and beat them 1st round or in the finals if we play them next year. Plus if the coaches dont have any complants about it then it will stick this way for a while.
The Fan Wrote:you seem to be an intelligent person .Tell me how its fair to have to play a playin game to get the right to play a #1 seed to get the right to go to regions when some teams dont even have to play a game . This year SC had 2 play Lawerence Co they had a really hard game a lot of physical play then the next night have to come and play Magoffin buy halftime they were just worn out . How can you say " so called fairness " when that is exactly what it would be .

well for one if you dont do what you need to during regular season then thats whats going to happen to you. I dont care if it gets changed if they move some one else into our district fair enough just one more game we get in to prepare for region. It is not going to do any good for you to complain on here about it b/c it is up to the coaches and KHSAA for how things turn out. Do i think a 5 team district is crazy yes, BUT the 60th nor 59th districts can help that Piarist or David do not have a team. We will not have a problem when or if we get a 4 team district ill take Magoffin, Paintsville, Lawrence, Johnson Central or any one else you want to give me. Is it fair that certain teams have to play 4 straight games to win a state championship, yes b/c thats the draw you get. Unfortunatley for the 57th they got unlucky for getting stuck with a 5 team district. Ill take a 5 team district a 4 team an 8 team, im just there to watch the games, ill take whats given to me and just be thankful that God gave me the chance to watch them.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:well for one if you dont do what you need to during regular season then thats whats going to happen to you. I dont care if it gets changed if they move some one else into our district fair enough just one more game we get in to prepare for region. It is not going to do any good for you to complain on here about it b/c it is up to the coaches and KHSAA for how things turn out. Do i think a 5 team district is crazy yes, BUT the 60th nor 59th districts can help that Piarist or David do not have a team. We will not have a problem when or if we get a 4 team district ill take Magoffin, Paintsville, Lawrence, Johnson Central or any one else you want to give me. Is it fair that certain teams have to play 4 straight games to win a state championship, yes b/c thats the draw you get. Unfortunatley for the 57th they got unlucky for getting stuck with a 5 team district. Ill take a 5 team district a 4 team an 8 team, im just there to watch the games, ill take whats given to me and just be thankful that God gave me the chance to watch them.
well you will get your wish when you get Letcher in the 60th and Betsy Layne in the 59th next year and trust me it most likely will happen
The Fan Wrote:well you will get your wish when you get Letcher in the 60th and Betsy Layne in the 59th next year and trust me it most likely will happen

well for one letcher would be placed in the 59th b-4 60th closer drive and i hope they do it so we all do not have to go through this agian.Cool
Hawksfan Wrote:PC had to play well all season to get the honor of getting a first round bye! I understand what you are saying, but to say that is the reason that the 57th didn't play as well at regionals is wrong. If you play well in the 57th all year long as did Magoffin this year, then you only have to win one game to get to regionals. It just rubs me the wrong way the fact that some other district besides the 57th won the region, so someone makes excuses saying that they had to win a game and that is the reason they lost. Well PC didn't have to win a game in the district tourney but they did anyways! MC played two games in their district tourney and guess what, so did the team that beat them Belfry! However, I do agree that they need a 4th team in the 59th and 60th districts, it just bothered me that someone was basically saying that is the reason that the 57th didn't win it!

Ok. First of all, I was not making excuses for the weak performances of the 57th district teams in the regional tournament, and I don't think I said anything about "why" they didn't play well. Second, my point in the post is that year in and year out 3 of the top 5 - 6 teams in the region come from the 57th district. You cannot argue with that. Go back and look at the posts yourself. If only you will admit it, the 57th overall is the toughest district to come out of. I understand that you are from PIke Central and that you feel they are being attacked; that's not what I intended. As I said earlier, they represented the 15th extremely well, and we all should be proud of them.
BballFan63 Wrote:Ok. First of all, I was not making excuses for the weak performances of the 57th district teams in the regional tournament, and I don't think I said anything about "why" they didn't play well. Second, my point in the post is that year in and year out 3 of the top 5 - 6 teams in the region come from the 57th district. You cannot argue with that. Go back and look at the posts yourself. If only you will admit it, the 57th overall is the toughest district to come out of. I understand that you are from PIke Central and that you feel they are being attacked; that's not what I intended. As I said earlier, they represented the 15th extremely well, and we all should be proud of them.

:thumpsup: AGREED! :thumpsup:
I really didn't want to comment on this,but well I have to.Belfry,may be in a 3 team district,but to get to the 15th region championship,they had to first play PCC in district,BL a tough 1st rd. game,then turn around and play almighty MC the next nite,after MC had a days rest and an easy game with ER.Belfry also played 2 district games same as MC had to play,so tell me where is the advantage?Oh,Congrats Lady Hawks you did the 60th proud.:flame:
AGREED BIRDLEGS!
Birdlegs Wrote:I really didn't want to comment on this,but well I have to.Belfry,may be in a 3 team district,but to get to the 15th region championship,they had to first play PCC in district,BL a tough 1st rd. game,then turn around and play almighty MC the next nite,after MC had a days rest and an easy game with ER.Belfry also played 2 district games same as MC had to play,so tell me where is the advantage?Oh,Congrats Lady Hawks you did the 60th proud.:flame:
Did anybody mention Belfry ? no they didnt and we are not talking about who they played in the region , this is about the 3 team districts verses the 4 team districts whether they are fair or not . I realise they had to play 2 games but the districts top seeds are automatically in the region the 57th and 58th top seeds had to play a game to get into the region that is basically what the argument is nobody mentioned almighty Magoffin as you say , Belfry , Pike Central or any other team .
The Fan Wrote:that most likely will change in the next few months there is a meeting in April what is being tossed around is Magoffin to the 58th Betsy Layne to the 59th and maybe Letcher leaving the 14th region and coming to the 60th all depends if David fields a team next year

Would they really take Letcher Central out of the 14th and leave Jenkins? I would think that 2 schools from the same county would stay together in the same region, if not the same district. Not being sarcastic, I was just wondering if you had heard Jenkins mentioned in these realignment plans.

I suppose they could actually take both of them out and pair them w/ SV and ER, leaving the other 4 Pike teams for the other district, and allowing BL to stay in the Floyd district. (Actually that wouldn't be a bad idea, except that it would temper the recently renewed rivalry between Pikeville and Valley)
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I suppose they could actually take both of them out and pair them w/ SV and ER, leaving the other 4 Pike teams for the other district, and allowing BL to stay in the Floyd district. (Actually that wouldn't be a bad idea, except that it would temper the recently renewed rivalry between Pikeville and Valley)
thats not a bad idea there and no havent heard Jenkins mentioned but that dont mean they are not . What i have been told is something is going to be done before next season if all the scheduling can be worked out if not then definatley next year. I also hear that Betsy Layne will fight it till the end and you cant blame them they dont want to leave Floyd Co. Letcher has to travel so far for alot of there games would make sense to put them in the 15th. The 57th dont want Magoffin to leave cause they bring so many people to boys and girls games they would lose alot of money , if i am not mistaken the meeting is April 12 we will see then i guess
StillAnMCfan Wrote:Looked it up myself. Yep. 59 and 60 have 3 teams each. Add that up, 2 go to region out of each. I wouldn't call those very tough districts to get out of into the regionals.
why whine about getting out of district? Each district sends their two best teams to region and for the last four years pc has been in four title games and belfry two. If the tough 57th is sending their best to region why aren't they competing as well when they get there? I guess next year the region winner, whether it be pc or belfry, should play another tournament with the losers of the 57th before going on to state. Maybe that would make you happy.
BballFan63 Wrote:Wait a minute. Now, I'm not taking anything away from Pike Central when I ask this question because I think they represented the 15th extremely well, but exactly how many games did they HAVE to win to get to the regional tournament. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it NONE. And please, if I'm wrong, let me know because we here in the 57th have to play our butts off just to get there.
I believe belfry is the team that smoked mc and belfry played two games in district. Your logic is flawed. Let any team from the 57th voluntarily leave and join the 60th. You will be welcome as we enjoy good friendly competition.
all is fair in love, war and basketball.
crawdad Wrote:I believe belfry is the team that smoked mc and belfry played two games in district. Your logic is flawed. Let any team from the 57th voluntarily leave and join the 60th. You will be welcome as we enjoy good friendly competition.
he never mentioned Belfry in his post your post is flawed he was talking about PC
Let the coaches sort it out later.... this is ridiculous!
The districts will stay the same, I don't see none of the teams changing disticts.
SV40 Wrote:This one looks about right to me- it will be a close race between valley & PCC thou! -
considering how PCC still has Lowe & Valley has Roberts, Perkins, & Cantrell
it will be a really good game thats for sure!

i agree
Go Lady Warriors
What teams have what players coming back?
Magoffin lost their top 3 (don't have a lot coming back)
Valley still has Roberts, Perkins, and Cantrell (lost Fleming) could be a contender
Paintsville lost Kendra (not a lot coming back)
Johnson Central will be probably in the top 3, they have the Conley coming back (I heard)
Belfry still has Deskins and supporting cast so they are in the top 3 as well
PC has Lowe, Slone, and Harris coming back (big loss with Haley) but still in the top 3
look for Pike central to be the favorite, their coach is cocky but I GUESS It runs in the family
The Private Wrote:look for Pike central to be the favorite, their coach is cocky but I GUESS It runs in the family

PC is the favorite and righfully so. It does run in the family. They are all cocky and jr. has a right to be taking a team that wasn't even supposed to make it out of the region all the way to the final four in the state. I didn't know if they would make it out of the district in jan.
He took a team that someone elese put together and won .I would like for him to build a program for scratchand then come and talk to me.Let him take the boys at Pike Central and win the region,then I will be convinced that he is a good coach!
idk if PCC can repeat or not. one word. Kayla Lowe.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:top 5

1. Pike Central- Has a ton of talent returning...today as they played RHS where Haley only had 7 points and playing against 2 All-Staters who are D-1 signees, I think it is obvious how good they will be. Plus the additions of Hamilton and Hatmaker, tranfers from Pikeville will be huge for Butcher's Lady Hawks to repeat their success.

2. Johnson Central- Ended their season earlier than expected from post season expectations. They have alot of talent returning and a great coach behind them.

3. Belfry- A talented program which a coach who has come along this past season. Look for them to make alot of noise next March.

4. Valley- Had a great season and was a post season favorite. Riding on the back of Roberts and Cantrell I look for Napier and his Lady Cats to re-visit the Expo Center as one of the favorites.

5. Paintsville- A young team with a key loss of Caroll. Either way I look for this team to make some major noise next season year round.

15th region champ- If healthy Pike Central repeats.

i agree
With a new coaching staff up at ER, look for them to make some noice this year, nice group of freshmen and 8th graders moving up. That is, if they get the right coach.