Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Year in the 15th Region
Tubby Lover Wrote:He took a team that someone elese put together and won .I would like for him to build a program for scratchand then come and talk to me.Let him take the boys at Pike Central and win the region,then I will be convinced that he is a good coach!
i agree
Tubby Lover Wrote:He took a team that someone elese put together and won .I would like for him to build a program for scratchand then come and talk to me.Let him take the boys at Pike Central and win the region,then I will be convinced that he is a good coach!

Yes he took over a team with great tradition but you can not take away from him the respect that he deserves. He took a team to the final four this year getting beat by the present state champions beating a team who last year made it to the finals as well who had all key players back. When you look at the starting 5 there is only one girl who played a condiderable amount in Tussey's system. The thing about coach Stephen Butcher is he took those girls away from a one girl show and made them a team. Tussey always had alot of talent it didn't do much with them. Lets take a stroll down memory lane, Tussey never won a game at state, with Amanda Collins and Ashley Melvin and company who im my eyes was an over all more talented team then this year she got blown out first game at the state competition. She only made state twice once getting beat out of the regional finals with a loaded team by having Lowe, Ratliff, Taylor Brown, and other very talented players at that time who were seniors. As well you can add the whole team from this season. Tussey did not work with what she had but took one Star and but the spot light on them. Butcher next season will not have Ratliff but on the backs of Lowe, Harris, Hatmaker, Hamilton, Slone, Thompson, Coleman, K. Ratliff and other up coming players. I see the Lady Hawks to be a better more talented team playing more like a team. All Butcher has to do is keep his system working the way it is. Cocky or not you still have to have respect for the guy, I do not see it as Cocky but as confidence in his teams ability. He has never said "I have been the one who has took this team to where they are" he has said many times "I love these girls and they work their tails off to be the team that they are" if you do not like him then so be it. We never looked at Coach Gannon in displease and he is basicly the same type of coach that Butcher is and that is a great one. Love him or hate him if he was the coach of your team you would back him.
Rose Hill didnt have all there key players back they lost there point guard last year who made that team gell . I respect him on what he done but everyone knows Tussey was forced out so he can have the job now that I cant respect.
I heard paintsville will not be losing only kendra but welch also. They said she applied for some college next year for her academics. Paintsville might be hurting more than what ppl think. Sad
Bballer_4_life Wrote:I heard paintsville will not be losing only kendra but welch also. They said she applied for some college next year for her academics. Paintsville might be hurting more than what ppl think. Sad

Applied for college? So is she not still going to be a senior next year? I am a little confused. Why wouldn't she play if she is still in high school? You are right, if she is gone that will hurt them. She was a force on the boards. She will be missed.
The Fan Wrote:Rose Hill didnt have all there key players back they lost there point guard last year who made that team gell . I respect him on what he done but everyone knows Tussey was forced out so he can have the job now that I cant respect.

But, he is not the one who forced her out and yet you all act like it is all his fault that he got the job.
I agree with you 'THE FAN' let these people build their own team,they have to big of a EGO.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:But, he is not the one who forced her out and yet you all act like it is all his fault that he got the job.
Do you actually believe that he didnt know that if Tussey was forced out that he would get the job ? I believe he did know .
The Fan Wrote:Do you actually believe that he didnt know that if Tussey was forced out that he would get the job ? I believe he did know .

My father was on the site base and it was a fair hiring, there were I belive four men in the running for the job. The process on the night when they voted took several hours it began around 6 pm and my father did not get in until nearly 1 am the next morning. Each applicant was given a fair shot at the job, Butcher just came out the best man for the job. McCoy was there but did not say much through out the process rather than asking the questions that he asked each and every applicant. The votes were very close i belive Butcher won by only a coupl of votes. So would you like to know more?
The principal had to recommend someone,I wasborn in the night BUT NOT LAST NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Private Wrote:The principal had to recommend someone,I wasborn in the night BUT NOT LAST NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Private do you have any offiliation with Pike Central what so ever, because if not then why do you even act like you know anything about them inside the admin b/c i can promise you you do not. My father and I have talked many times about this, and all McCoy did was asked the questions and let the site base vote.
The site base coulda voted to give me the job but the principal has the final say as who gets the job
id say PC will go far in Region but cant manage to pull it off to state.
The Fan Wrote:The site base coulda voted to give me the job but the principal has the final say as who gets the job

yes BUT the site base voted for BUTCHER how do you not get that McCoy had not talked to any of the site base prior to the meeting about the job.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:yes BUT the site base voted for BUTCHER how do you not get that McCoy had not talked to any of the site base prior to the meeting about the job.

Does anyone else really care about what is being said in this thread anymore? This is becoming really stupid. Butcher is the coach, end of discussion!
eaglehoops Wrote:Does anyone else really care about what is being said in this thread anymore? This is becoming really stupid. Butcher is the coach, end of discussion!

I do because people are making assumptions when they have no idea as to what went on at a school. On this site aren't we suppost to keep alligations to ourselves and not post them if we do no have conclusive evidence to what truly happened. Because if im not mistaking it is in the rules for the site. I on the other hand have very good sources and have established a point to which all the people who hate Butcher fail to take into consideration. If you do not like what is being discussed then take your self else where and forget this tread even exsists.:mad:
My picks
District champs
JC
SV
PC
Betsy Layne

The top 4 teams in the Region, IMO, are PC, JC, Belfry, and Shelby Valley. I think that PC will re-peat to Diddle.

Is everyone ruling out magoffin county next year, they return ashley hall,breanna adams, megan powers,felicia prater and katelyn minix who all saw plenty varsity action next year, people better be ready for them to make a statement next year. i wouldnt rule them out to quick.
stash3 Wrote:Is everyone ruling out magoffin county next year, they return ashley hall,breanna adams, megan powers,felicia prater and katelyn minix who all saw plenty varsity action next year, people better be ready for them to make a statement next year. i wouldnt rule them out to quick.

You are right, I wouldn't rule anyone out, especially because those girls have seen a lot of action and have practiced daily against 3 of the regions top players, that in itself would make them pretty good. I just see JC winning that district if the girl returns that didn't play last year, her name is escaping me right now, but she is one of the best players in the region.
ill take valley with perkins and roberts runnin the show
I dont really see Perkins runnin the show next yr. jus because she played with Fleming doesnt mean she's awsome. Perkins is a good solid player,, she can shoot and play great defense. I think that this yr. anything could happen!!
I thnk PC will repeat also if Lowe is healthy.
LoveThatCourt Wrote:I dont really see Perkins runnin the show next yr. jus because she played with Fleming doesnt mean she's awsome. Perkins is a good solid player,, she can shoot and play great defense. I think that this yr. anything could happen!!
I have watched perkins for a longtime at valley,i have never seen were perkin's play had anything to do with flemming.They played good together,most the valley starters did.I thought watching perkins as a soph.,she had her good games and bad and also a few great games and very excited about the upcoming year for her.Yeah i say she along with the rest of the team are very capable of running the show.You had your opinion and i gave mine.Roberts will have a great senior year,no doubt about that.
iI
whos your momma Wrote:You are right, I wouldn't rule anyone out, especially because those girls have seen a lot of action and have practiced daily against 3 of the regions top players, that in itself would make them pretty good. I just see JC winning that district if the girl returns that didn't play last year, her name is escaping me right now, but she is one of the best players in the region.
I know Johnson Central could be returning celena conley but just think she has set out a whole year at which everyone else in the region have been praticing/playing she could be behind we she comes back because shes losing a whole year. That will be two good matchups next year Magoffin and Johnson Ashley Hall vs. Chelsea Salyer, Megan Powers vs. Celena Conley, Katelyn Mini x vs Haley Meek and Breanna Adams Vs. Emily Wireman , plus Felicia Prater Vs. Their Other Starter its will be a great game because magoffin matches up perfect with johnson
i agree..
stash3 Wrote:I know Johnson Central could be returning celena conley but just think she has set out a whole year at which everyone else in the region have been praticing/playing she could be behind we she comes back because shes losing a whole year. That will be two good matchups next year Magoffin and Johnson Ashley Hall vs. Chelsea Salyer, Megan Powers vs. Celena Conley, Katelyn Mini x vs Haley Meek and Breanna Adams Vs. Emily Wireman , plus Felicia Prater Vs. Their Other Starter its will be a great game because magoffin matches up perfect with johnson

I agree, good matchup. Look forward to seeing them play.
ill take valley with perkins and roberts runnin the show.
Maybe with the rest of the team!
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Yes he took over a team with great tradition but you can not take away from him the respect that he deserves. He took a team to the final four this year getting beat by the present state champions beating a team who last year made it to the finals as well who had all key players back. When you look at the starting 5 there is only one girl who played a condiderable amount in Tussey's system. The thing about coach Stephen Butcher is he took those girls away from a one girl show and made them a team. Tussey always had alot of talent it didn't do much with them. Lets take a stroll down memory lane, Tussey never won a game at state, with Amanda Collins and Ashley Melvin and company who im my eyes was an over all more talented team then this year she got blown out first game at the state competition. She only made state twice once getting beat out of the regional finals with a loaded team by having Lowe, Ratliff, Taylor Brown, and other very talented players at that time who were seniors. As well you can add the whole team from this season. Tussey did not work with what she had but took one Star and but the spot light on them. Butcher next season will not have Ratliff but on the backs of Lowe, Harris, Hatmaker, Hamilton, Slone, Thompson, Coleman, K. Ratliff and other up coming players. I see the Lady Hawks to be a better more talented team playing more like a team. All Butcher has to do is keep his system working the way it is. Cocky or not you still have to have respect for the guy, I do not see it as Cocky but as confidence in his teams ability. He has never said "I have been the one who has took this team to where they are" he has said many times "I love these girls and they work their tails off to be the team that they are" if you do not like him then so be it. We never looked at Coach Gannon in displease and he is basicly the same type of coach that Butcher is and that is a great one. Love him or hate him if he was the coach of your team you would back him.

that post really made my day. Butcher is a good coach but he is cocky and some people don't like him because that but hey if he's winning he has the right to be, and yea you are right if he is coaching your team then you are going to back him up, unfortunatley you have the select few that doesnt back them up everytime they lose or don't go to state they think they should be out of there, even though Amanda Collins/Stiltner done a great job at belfry this year, I'm pretty sure that some fans and people at Belfry wished that they never wanted to get rid of Mark Gannon, you never know what you got until its gone and that is the case and will be the case if people start wanting to get rid of Butcher.
I believe that butcher is a very good coach he has brought his team in the past two years to the regional finals and and a regional championship yea he is cocky but if you think about it every coach is a little cocky. And i believe that belfy would have been a better team with their old coach probably would have made it to state.