Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Powell repeat as region champs?
rawlingsfan Wrote:It's on the KHSAA web site. Leslie Co. is (71-22) over the past thre years, Powell Co. is (68-41). Took about 2 minutes. I think the single season win mark you are speaking of, must be Powell County's own. State record for wins is 41 by Dunbar in 2003.

The hump that I speak of is the post season. Football team won regualar season district in 2005, b-ball team won WYMT in 2006 and was regional runner-up in 2005, baseball team had a 4-1 lead with 2 outs in the regional championship game last year.
Hmmmm, well I really do not think that your record matters when you cant come up in big games. Tell me Rawlings Fan, what happened to that 4-1 lead with 2 outs in the regional championship game??? Just because a team has a good record doesnt mean they will win a championship. If I remember correctly, Leslie had a better record than Powell the year before last, but still folded under pressure in the 7th inning of the Region semi's at Buckhorn. Good teams dont fold under pressure. It's a proven fact.:redboxer:
Godspeed Wrote:Hmmmm, well I really do not think that your record matters when you cant come up in big games. Tell me Rawlings Fan, what happened to that 4-1 lead with 2 outs in the regional championship game??? Just because a team has a good record doesnt mean they will win a championship. If I remember correctly, Leslie had a better record than Powell the year before last, but still folded under pressure in the 7th inning of the Region semi's at Buckhorn. Good teams dont fold under pressure. It's a proven fact.:redboxer:

The only reason I got into this thread was because baseball_dad said that Leslie County was not coached very well. All I am saying is that one day doesn't make or break a coach, IMO. They won 27 games last year against pretty good competition.

Actually the year before Powell and Leslie had the same number of wins (23) when they met in the semi-finals.
rawlingsfan Wrote:The only reason I got into this thread was because baseball_dad said that Leslie County was not coached very well. All I am saying is that one day doesn't make or break a coach, IMO. They won 27 games last year against pretty good competition.

Actually the year before Powell and Leslie had the same number of wins (23) when they met in the semi-finals.

And Powell came out of that game with 24 if i'm not mistaking.How many did Leslie end up with???
Total Domination Wrote:[/u][/b]

And Powell came out of that game with 24 if i'm not mistaking.How many did Leslie end up with???

That would be 23.

Let me restate the Leslie coach comments. He didn't coach very well in the final 2 games. He used Q. Morgan before he needed to and Morgan couldn't pitch all the championship game. All coaches make mistakes. This one just wasn't smart.
baseball_dad Wrote:That would be 23.

Let me restate the Leslie coach comments. He didn't coach very well in the final 2 games. He used Q. Morgan before he needed to and Morgan couldn't pitch all the championship game. All coaches make mistakes. This one just wasn't smart.

We're going to have to agree to disagree on this one. If Quentin doesn't pitch in the semi-finals, they don't beat Lee County to even get to the finals. You got to play them one at a time when it's single elimination.
look for perry central to be real good
rawlingsfan Wrote:We're going to have to agree to disagree on this one. If Quentin doesn't pitch in the semi-finals, they don't beat Lee County to even get to the finals. You got to play them one at a time when it's single elimination.

Leslie had enough strength in those bats to beat Lee. If they needed Morgan at the end, then use him. Not a smart move.
baseball_dad Wrote:Leslie had enough strength in those bats to beat Lee. If they needed Morgan at the end, then use him. Not a smart move.
In my honest opinion...I think they could have beat Lee w/out Morgan. But it was a good move just to be on the safe side.
I think that Powell could have beat Quinten anyway.So it don't really matter if they used him or not.But not faceing him did help.Can't lie about that.
well well lets not get outta hand i think that they both are good i play i have the most respect for both of them as far as leslies wins they have won alot no matter what is said wins are wins but for powell i played both of those games and they deserve all the respect that they get they compete year in and year out just like leslie does and i think that u may see another powell, leslie in the future and win that happens its who ever is playing the best baseball as always there are upsets and they do happen but lets not blame it on nobody or something its just the way things go good luck to both teams this year
as far as beating quinten i doubt that but thats out of the picture
The regular season has nothing to do with the region winner.it is who is hott.anyone can win.good luck to all.
Total Domination Wrote:I think that Powell could have beat Quinten anyway.So it don't really matter if they used him or not.But not faceing him did help.Can't lie about that.
They beat Morgan the year before, so I'm pretty sure they couldve beat him again.