Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The CFB Playoff is NOT the same as the NCAA Div. 1 championship
I've listed only the Men's Sports for the purpose of this discussion.

- ALL of these sports are sanctioned NCAA Div. 1 sports.
- ALL of these sports are awarded an NCAA Div. 1 Championship to the winning Team and/or the Individual.

Basketball
Baseball
Soccer
Ice Hockey
Lacrosse
Volleyball
Water Polo
Wrestling - Team/Ind.
Track & Field (Indoor & Outdoor) - Team/Ind.
Cross Country - Team/Ind.
Swimming & Diving - Team/Ind.
Golf - Team/Ind.
Tennis - Team/Ind.
****** Football *****

****** Now to my point. College Football's FBS Division (Div. 1) is the most attended and generates the most revenue of any NCAA sport at any level (Div. 1, 2 or 3.). Div. 2 and Div. 3 award an actual NCAA football championship. Let me say that again, the NCAA awards an actual NCAA football Championship to the winners of Div. 2 & Div. 3, but not to Div. 1 AKA the FBS.

Starting in 1936, the biggest College sport has been claimed by the AP Poll and/or the Coaches poll. Sometimes two different teams were ranked #1 in the separate polls, claiming a share of the Nat'l championship.
Starting in the '98/'99 season, the Bowl Championship Series (BCS) awarded their 'National Champion'. Teams still would claim a share of the National Championship if they were voted #1 in the AP Poll and/or the Coaches Poll, even if they didn't win the BCS title.
In 2014, the College Football Playoff was adopted. This is better than what we had before, but still wrong.

Why in the world the NCAA rules college athletics with an iron fist, but doesn't award a true NCAA Div. 1 Football Champion is outrageous. This needs to change.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed