Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are Pikeville's Chances of Winning State?
with the loss of 2 seniors (sword and shockey) pikeville should make some noise this year at state, the question is though, could they win it? i believe it is very possible due to the attitude ad effort from some key members of the team. of course it is a no-brainer that p-ville will take region, they have won it for the past 8 years. They should go undefeated as well at all home meets. anybody else have any opinions?
NO CHANCE!!
Von why? Track is separated by A's and at Mason Dixon Pikeville got 2nd and all the good teams go to that. Steven Jones will get first in pole vault and we might he some placings in relay. So if we ever have a chance of winning it, ITS NOW.
The chances of Pikeville High School track team winning state are slim to none. Chase Huffman stands a chance of placing really high, but relative to what you may think, Pikeville has had way better teams in the past then what they do now, and so far there's never been a state championship team.
Yeah...I don't see it. Maybe a 3rd place finish or so with a couple of high individual placings.

But who knows....I sure hope so
pikeville should do well. we will easily take region...and should have the following ppl for state.

100m-chase huffman
200m-max pafunda
400m-aaron stanley
800m-chance robertson
1600m-brandon adkins
3200m-brandon adkins
110m hurdles-brian elkins
300m hurdles-brian elkins
pole vault- steven jones
high jump-joe potter
long jump-steven jones
triple jump-jon perry

we will have several good relay teams as well, but the "a" relay teams arent announced yet. I think chances of being in the top 5 are excellent.
pikeville should do well. we will easily take region...and should have the following ppl for state.

100m-chase huffman
200m-max pafunda
400m-aaron stanley
800m-chance robertson
1600m-brandon adkins
3200m-brandon adkins
110m hurdles-brian elkins
300m hurdles-brian elkins
pole vault- steven jones
high jump-joe potter
long jump-steven jones
triple jump-jon perry

we will have several good relay teams as well, but the "a" relay teams arent announced yet. I think chances of being in the top 5 are excellent.
THey have a really good team this year but i dont see them winning state, but finishing way up there...you can tell that they will do something good considering all the talent they have going by the list made above!
i forgot track is seperated by classes...than pikeville might win state...
"Beef" Wrote:Yeah...I don't see it. Maybe a 3rd place finish or so with a couple of high individual placings.

But who knows....I sure hope so

Yeah i agree completely, this team is not state championship caliber. I like a couple of the relays chances at getting around 3rd or 4th at state and a few individuals placing to placing very high but thats it. This team lacks depth and experience, not only experience at appearing in the state meet, but in placing high in previous years. If im not mistaking, they return 1 runner from last years team that was all state and thats chase huffman in the 100m. Usually you have to have experience in a state meet and have people that have placed before competing to even have a shot. Maybe next year they could set themselves up for a champioship if they have some solid individual and relay placings this year at state.