Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Central vs Notre Dame- On the WEB
Pike Central defeats RHC but now has to play a very hard ND in the next round. pick your winner
I have faith in my Hawks.

Let's go CENTRAL!
What time is tip-off?
Good Luck Hawks!
Tip off will be around 6:30
Good Luck Hawks and make us proud
NYY10 Wrote:Tip off will be around 6:30

6:30 Eastern Time or 6:30 Bowling Green time? I hope it is 6:30 Bowling Green time cuz it will be 7:30 here cuz they are an hour behind us... If so then I will probably get to ride down there!
Somebody please give us a scouting report on Notre Dame. I don't know much about them. What Region, record and style they play.
http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...6?id=23723

Scouting Report and Stats on Notre Dame
Good luck Pike Central, represent the 15th well girls!
6:30 Central time, so that would be 7:30 here.

If the Lady Hawks can play to their capability, we could win. But I am not going to make a prediction on this one. If wants count, I'd say PC!!!
Meaty Wrote:6:30 Eastern Time or 6:30 Bowling Green time? I hope it is 6:30 Bowling Green time cuz it will be 7:30 here cuz they are an hour behind us... If so then I will probably get to ride down there!

6:30 there and 7:30 here...sorry bout that
Wantin the Hawks to win, but i think ND is too much for them
well ND took a blow tonight losing their star player due to what appreared to be a blown knee in Overtime will be interesting how that affects them...if Central plays like they did the second half i think they will pull this one out in a close one...second shot oppurtunites will be key for the hawks...they will also have to slow down the quick guard play of ND...will be interesting im excited...
Tricky Wrote:Somebody please give us a scouting report on Notre Dame. I don't know much about them. What Region, record and style they play.

The game is played at 6:30 central time so it will be 7:30 Eastern time here.

PCC comes off their win from RHC and Notre Dame comes off their win playing Shelby County...Notre Dame is from the 9th region their over all record is 29-4 and PCC comes in the game with their over all record as 21-10 Notre Dame played thr rivalry New Port Central Catholic once and won by 10 pts. Notre Dame has also beaten Assumption by 10 who won the 7th region tourney and has now moved on into the elite 8.

#40 Nicole Dickman stands at 6'ft and is the leading scorer and leading rebounder on the team and is one of the key players that Notre Dame she has really good post moves and she usually averages 15 pts a game and comes away with around 9 rebounds. If PCC can keep her off the glass they will have a good shot of winning the game. #13 Casey Jackson is the only 3 point shooter that Notre Dame has, she plays as a guard and is usually the 2nd leading scorer that Notre Dame has averaging 11 pts a game with 2-3 rebounds a game. They also start out with #21 Katie Teriney a guard, #30 Casey Smith a guard, and #33 Emily Drees is a Center and is the tallest on the team standing at 6'2" and she usually ends the game with 8 pts and 7 rebounds. They have a strong forward that comes off the bench #31 Molly Johnson, and they have another guard Emily Ludwig. PCC's tallest player is Kayla Lowe standing at 6' ft. Height will definetley be an issue (the shortest player is 5'4" which dosent even start) but IMO if PCC really brings the heat out in the first 1/2 they will tire down, and plus they are a very low scoring team anways. Free throws will also be an key factor in this game.

But anyways good luck to PCC and play smart!!!
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:well ND took a blow tonight losing their star player due to what appreared to be a blown knee in Overtime will be interesting how that affects them...if Central plays like they did the second half i think they will pull this one out in a close one...second shot oppurtunites will be key for the hawks...they will also have to slow down the quick guard play of ND...will be interesting im excited...

Do you know whics player it was?
i heard 2 diffrent names Dickman which would be a huge loss and then Teriney...which ever it was had 20 points to night from what i have been told i was on my way back to Pikeville from Bowling Green when this was brought to my attention and could not find the radio station who was broadcasting it. Either way PC has to come out ready to play IF they play the way they did in the first quarter it would be over for them. They just have to get te play out of Lowe and Slone that they had today and Haley just needs to work her magic. They have a good shot at plying on saturday they just must take care of business
15thregionslammabamma- What a fan you are of the Lady Hawks!!! Hat's off to ya for supporting the girls on making a lonng trip froom Pikeville.
BondJamesBond Wrote:15thregionslammabamma- What a fan you are of the Lady Hawks!!! Hat's off to ya for supporting the girls on making a lonng trip froom Pikeville.

thanks im making the trip again tommorrow lol...makes for a long 2 days:thatsfunn
thats what ill look like at about halftime tommorrow night lol w/ a few cups of coffee to keep me awake and a few Hershey bars ill be so slap happy lol
In estern KY hear the game on 93.1 WDHR beginning at 7p also streamed on the web at www.wdhr.com
Good luck PC. You proved me wrong by defeating a good RHC team. Keep it up, every win you get makes the 15th look even better. Show the rest of the state that the region is not an easy region. It's time for the rest of the state to give the 15th the respect it deserves!
Phoenix Wrote:Good luck PC. You proved me wrong by defeating a good RHC team. Keep it up, every win you get makes the 15th look even better. Show the rest of the state that the region is not an easy region. It's time for the rest of the state to give the 15th the respect it deserves!

Agree
Tricky Wrote:Somebody please give us a scouting report on Notre Dame. I don't know much about them. What Region, record and style they play.

Notre Dame Academy is located in Park Hills Ky in the 9th region. They have 2 girls inside that they need to try to get it into in order for them to win. E. Drees (6'2") gets alot of rebounds and put backs and Nicole Dickman (6'0") (9thRegion Player of Year) is just a workhorse of a player who at times seems to be able to carry the Pandas on her back. Has several nice inside moves and goes to the basket and can also step out and Knock down a 15 to 18 footer. Just a very nice player and a very strong rebounder as well.
The loss of Tierney will hurt alot because she seems to be a leader and I believe their 2nd leading scorer. The point is usually run by either the Smith girl who looks to get the ball inside but can score when called upon and the Jackson girl who might be a little more offensive minded and seems to penetrate to the basket a little more then Smith. Both are nice players and the Pandas have some depth that are able to give the bigger girls a break when needed or if they get into foul trouble.
I think the win over Shelby was a huge weight lifted off of NDAs shoulder and especially Coach Darpel. Rightly or wrongly she has often times been accused of not being able to win the big game. NDA hasn't been to the state in 20 years when Coach Darpel was a player and with the amount of talent they get in every year there is good reason to ask questions. A win or 2 will silience her critics at least for this year.

I will take the Pandas tonight in another tough game..

i don't care who you are and what school and community you're from. whether you have a chlid playing or not ALL PIKE COUNTY TEAMS.. COACHES ..AND FANS SHOULD GET BEHIND THE LADY HAWKS AND THE SHELBY VALLEY BOYS !!!!
they are representing the PIKE COUNTY TEAMS WELL.just because your TEAM is not there at least show support.. these kids all strive for the same dream of playing in the state tournament whether it's mine OR yours.
COME ON PEOPLE !!! GET REAL!! SHOW YOUR SUPPORT ! even if you don't like the school colors!!! LOL....wish these kids well!!!
BigZig Wrote:Notre Dame Academy is located in Park Hills Ky in the 9th region. They have 2 girls inside that they need to try to get it into in order for them to win. E. Drees (6'2") gets alot of rebounds and put backs and Nicole Dickman (6'0") (9thRegion Player of Year) is just a workhorse of a player who at times seems to be able to carry the Pandas on her back. Has several nice inside moves and goes to the basket and can also step out and Knock down a 15 to 18 footer. Just a very nice player and a very strong rebounder as well.
The loss of Tierney will hurt alot because she seems to be a leader and I believe their 2nd leading scorer. The point is usually run by either the Smith girl who looks to get the ball inside but can score when called upon and the Jackson girl who might be a little more offensive minded and seems to penetrate to the basket a little more then Smith. Both are nice players and the Pandas have some depth that are able to give the bigger girls a break when needed or if they get into foul trouble.
I think the win over Shelby was a huge weight lifted off of NDAs shoulder and especially Coach Darpel. Rightly or wrongly she has often times been accused of not being able to win the big game. NDA hasn't been to the state in 20 years when Coach Darpel was a player and with the amount of talent they get in every year there is good reason to ask questions. A win or 2 will silience her critics at least for this year.

I will take the Pandas tonight in another tough game..

nice report BZ...does ND press alot? Also with the loss of Terinery will it hurt their Full Court Offense?

The key for Pike Central tonight is to pund the ball inside and to try to get Dickman or Drees into quick foul trouble. Pike Central is a 3 quarter team normaly coming out flat if they do so tonight im affraid that the come back against Rose Hill, will not be something that happens against ND. Pike Central must take care of their open looks tonight and take care of the ball. Easy buckets will be a must for Pike Central, the Lady Hawks match up small to the Pandas something they are not use to. With Ratliff being able to rely on her utility players which was shown in the Rose Hill game look for Pike Central to be able to pull this one out. Free Throws is what has led Pike Central thus far shooting nearly 80% or above, if the lady Hawks can get to the line, take care of second chance oppurtuinties and hit the boards hard, minimize turnovers and play the hard nose defence that they played against Rose Hill then Butcher and his Lady Hawks have a fine shot at playing on Saturday.
PC by 8 + bc ND can't handle the press. They only have 2 girls that can handle the ball and one went down yesterday. (Tierney) She was their leader and she was all over the court doing a lot more than scoring. She will be a HUGE loss for them. It is sad to see a player go down at then end of overtime. I hope that she ends up being okay but it was preliminary reports that she may have blown her knee. I wish her well. PC matches up well. Should be a good game but I am going with PC all the way to the FINAL FOUR. GO PC!!!
Good Lucks Hawks.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:nice report BZ...does ND press alot? Also with the loss of Terinery will it hurt their Full Court Offense?

The key for Pike Central tonight is to pund the ball inside and to try to get Dickman or Drees into quick foul trouble. Pike Central is a 3 quarter team normaly coming out flat if they do so tonight im affraid that the come back against Rose Hill, will not be something that happens against ND. Pike Central must take care of their open looks tonight and take care of the ball. Easy buckets will be a must for Pike Central, the Lady Hawks match up small to the Pandas something they are not use to. With Ratliff being able to rely on her utility players which was shown in the Rose Hill game look for Pike Central to be able to pull this one out. Free Throws is what has led Pike Central thus far shooting nearly 80% or above, if the lady Hawks can get to the line, take care of second chance oppurtuinties and hit the boards hard, minimize turnovers and play the hard nose defence that they played against Rose Hill then Butcher and his Lady Hawks have a fine shot at playing on Saturday.

They don't necessarily press alot but they do tend to throw a little 3 quarters zone trap at you or put pressure on the girl bringing the ball up the court just to make the opponent work some. They will press full court at the end of games if necessary and then it is usually something like a diamond type zone where they try to trap the ball handler in the corners and to deflect the pass going up court to create turnovers. Too much of a press by NDA tends to slow down Dickman and Drees a bit over the course of a game so I think Darpel only tends to impliment a press when she feels it necessary.
Thanks ZIG