Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm not understanding the Bengals......
those 4per teams always had good defenses. no salary cap back then, they could go out and get whoever they wanted. yeah the offense is loaded, but manning makes them that way. it dont matter what you say cause manning makes EVERYBODY look better. terry bradshaw has four rings, is he the best ever??
bizmark Wrote:he was healthy last year. he had a really good year, 62% completions and 4,000 yards. its not like hes much better than that cause thats about as good as you can get at that position unless your names peyton manning.

He was not fully healthy last year, and he did not play up to his full capabilities, at least early in the season. I remember reading several articles last year where it was noted that Palmer was not fully stepping into his throws, causing the ball to sail high on him. I know that I remember seeing him miss several open receivers last year, and they were almost all on throws that were too high.

I don't care about the stats, I know what I saw with my own eyes. I watched every Bengals game on TV last year, and Carson was not as accurate as he was the season before. When healthy, he is easily one of the 3 best QB's in the league. Do you really think a healthy Palmer wouldn't have put up more than 13 points on Tampa Bay last year?
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:He was not fully healthy last year, and he did not play up to his full capabilities, at least early in the season. I remember reading several articles last year where it was noted that Palmer was not fully stepping into his throws, causing the ball to sail high on him. I know that I remember seeing him miss several open receivers last year, and they were almost all on throws that were too high.

I don't care about the stats, I know what I saw with my own eyes. I watched every Bengals game on TV last year, and Carson was not as accurate as he was the season before. When healthy, he is easily one of the 3 best QB's in the league. Do you really think a healthy Palmer wouldn't have put up more than 13 points on Tampa Bay last year?

I agree, I noticed that he wasn't stepping into all of his throws fully. It was just a small mechanical flaw, he still had an amazing season, and it's easily correctable, so he should only be better in coming years, which is hard to imagine.

Mike Brown just said that the Bengals are using most of, if not all of, the draft on defense, which makes me happy
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
BFritz Wrote:I agree, I noticed that he wasn't stepping into all of his throws fully. It was just a small mechanical flaw, he still had an amazing season, and it's easily correctable, so he should only be better in coming years, which is hard to imagine.

Mike Brown just said that the Bengals are using most of, if not all of, the draft on defense, which makes me happy

Im glad to hear Brown say that also. Now, lets not only draft them, but sign them and have them ready to go when camp starts.
bizmark Wrote:terry bradshaw has four rings, is he the best ever??
Yes!
DevilsWin Wrote:Yes!

LMAO!!!

:lame: :please: :booo: :nope:

the smilies know best
word is that Mike Brown's saying we're going to spend most of, if not all of, our draft picks on a defense............ it's about time, especially since we didn't hit free agency at all
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
They had better not pull another Chris Perry moment like they did a few years ago...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ii hear they traded their 1st round pick for a get out of jail free card :lmao:
I still would love to see them get that stud DT Okoye from tha Ville...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I still would love to see them get that stud DT Okoye from tha Ville...

Hell yeah but with switching to a 3-4 and already having Sam Adams, it would be stupid of them.
BFritz Wrote:Hell yeah but with switching to a 3-4 and already having Sam Adams, it would be stupid of them.

I thought Lewis had said they were sticking with a 4-3? Or maybe not. Seems like this was discussed in an earlier thread.

Either way, unless Adams drops about fifty or sixty, he'll be just as useless this season as he was last year.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I thought Lewis had said they were sticking with a 4-3? Or maybe not. Seems like this was discussed in an earlier thread.

Either way, unless Adams drops about fifty or sixty, he'll be just as useless this season as he was last year.

Thats what Marvin said.
Bengal Cat Wrote:Thats what Marvin said.

Marvin also said that Adams needed to drop fifty or sixty? Wink

Just kidding, but that would be pretty funny if he did come out and say something to that effect...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I thought Lewis had said they were sticking with a 4-3? Or maybe not. Seems like this was discussed in an earlier thread.

You're right, remembered wrong. Then what would be a good pick-up, but I think you have to get a corner in the first round, then a backer (maybe) and thehn a DT (maybe vice-versa on the last two)
are you sure your not my lost brother? The Bear avatar, stepping to the plate for Bradshaw..come to Pikeville and let me buy you a beer, lol:Thumbs: