Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Randolph Morris
I think it would be stupid for Morris to leave this year. The NBA will be looking for players like Durant and Oden, not Morris....not this year.
ComfortEagle Wrote:I think it would be stupid for Morris to leave this year. The NBA will be looking for players like Durant and Oden, not Morris....not this year.

Of course everyone is looking at Durant and Oden, but wouldn't it be nice to sign a player like Morris and not have to use a draft pick!! That is a big part of the upside to Morris in my opinion.
Randolph Morris was brought up on ESPN 2 show COLD PIZZA. According to Greg Anthony an ex NBA player said if he could be drafted that he would be a lottery pick. Although I know he will not be in the draft which might have teams looking to sign him now to help for a playoff run. Greg Anthony also said, that he was more physically tougher than Greg Oden although he questioned his mental toughness. Personally, I believe Morris can compete in the NBA and do well for a team. However, I would love for him to stay at UK because without him next year, UK will have a worse season than they did this year. I figure he will make the jump to the NBA maybe this year. But if not then I will be glad.
venom93 Wrote:Of course everyone is looking at Durant and Oden, but wouldn't it be nice to sign a player like Morris and not have to use a draft pick!! That is a big part of the upside to Morris in my opinion.

It is nice that they wouldn't have to use a draft pick, but if a team picks up Oden or Big Baby Davis(who just announced he will go into the draft) then they have no use for Morris.

I just don't think Morris is at the NBA level yet. Yeah, he does pretty well, but he does so on a team with basically no other stars. Bradley tries to be a superstar and simply is not, Crawford is hit or miss, and Jodie Meeks isn't at the level he could be in years to come. If you put a semi-good player on a team with a bunch of decent players, of course he will stand out.

And I'm not saying Kentucky is a terrible team. But everyone on that team needs to stay and develop their skills more in order to compete for an NBA contract.
ComfortEagle Wrote:It is nice that they wouldn't have to use a draft pick, but if a team picks up Oden or Big Baby Davis(who just announced he will go into the draft) then they have no use for Morris.

I just don't think Morris is at the NBA level yet. Yeah, he does pretty well, but he does so on a team with basically no other stars. Bradley tries to be a superstar and simply is not, Crawford is hit or miss, and Jodie Meeks isn't at the level he could be in years to come. If you put a semi-good player on a team with a bunch of decent players, of course he will stand out.

And I'm not saying Kentucky is a terrible team. But everyone on that team needs to stay and develop their skills more in order to compete for an NBA contract.

Just wondering, do you think Big Baby is better than Morris, because I think he will be a wash in the NBA??
Do I personally think so? No.

He is favored more by the media though.
If Morris leaves and we whiff on getting Patterson and Lucas, next year's team could be one of the worst we've seen in a very long time (I'm thinking of Sutton's last team, right before the probation).

Our starting five would be...
- G, Bradley
- G, Meeks (or Jasper)
- SF, Crawford
- PF, Stevenson
- C, Carter

SHUDDER...
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
i hope this a rumor but heard stevenson was transferring.
Morris will go pro. Was reading about Tubby's call in show and he said Randolph was exploring his options of turning pro. I just wish he would leave cuz he obviously doesn't want to stay at UK. Why keep someone on the team who obviously doesn't have his mind set on UK?
ComfortEagle Wrote:It is nice that they wouldn't have to use a draft pick, but if a team picks up Oden or Big Baby Davis(who just announced he will go into the draft) then they have no use for Morris.

What about the team that needs a guard and a big man. There is always a need for big men in the NBA or any level for that matter. I am not saying Morris is as good as Oden, but he is an attractive alternative for a team that doesn't have one of the first 2 picks and can still get a viable big man and still pick up other first round talent.

You ALWAYS have use for another big man. Can you imagine the frontline of Oden AND Morris on the same team?? Morris at the PF???? MAN that makes me tremble just thinking about how scary good they would be together...