Poll: Was Pike Central's run a Cinderella Story?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
52.00%
No
48.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Central a Cinderella Story?
AGREED SLAMMA
StillAnMCfan Wrote:I can't see why, after everyone on this board has said that we are pround of PC, the Pc people keep coming on here with post after post of claiming to be the best team in the region. As Joey would say, "It's a moo point" They won the regions, got 3rd in the state. Is it really all that necessary to keep announcing it? Did WE forget to congratulate you? Sorry, Good going, way to make the 15th proud. Did I leave anything out? Oh yea, Haley is the real deal. I think I covered it all. Again, Congrats. (Even though I have said this no less than 5-6 times since Saturday.)

Obviously you don't understand my point in making that comment! I was just trying to get across the point that PC was just that good, not trying to take away from all the other teams, because it seemed like other's were trying to take away from what those girls accomplished at state by saying that 3 or 4 other teams could have made the same run. So I wanted to point out that PC, when having their full roster, was a step ahead of the rest of the teams in the 15th. I was not trying to say that you didn't give them there props, because everybody has, but still people shouldn't take away from what the Lady Hawks accomplished by making such a statement!
Hawksfan Wrote:Obviously you don't understand my point in making that comment! I was just trying to get across the point that PC was just that good, not trying to take away from all the other teams, because it seemed like other's were trying to take away from what those girls accomplished at state by saying that 3 or 4 other teams could have made the same run. So I wanted to point out that PC, when having their full roster, was a step ahead of the rest of the teams in the 15th. I was not trying to say that you didn't give them there props, because everybody has, but still people shouldn't take away from what the Lady Hawks accomplished by making such a statement!
Obviously you dont understand everyone elses point .
How is that taking away from there accomplishment ? I think its a testament to how good the 15th was this year I really believe that Magoffin when healthy and Belfry coulda have done the same thing and thats not a knock on PC thats just how competetive the 15th was this year.
The Fan Wrote:Obviously you dont understand everyone elses point .
How is that taking away from there accomplishment ? I think its a testament to how good the 15th was this year I really believe that Magoffin when healthy and Belfry coulda have done the same thing and thats not a knock on PC thats just how competetive the 15th was this year.
I think that that might make the Pc fans thank you are putting down there girls accomplishments when you say Magoffin and Belfry Coulda done the same! But Hay look at it like this PC fans YOU all are the team that made it there. Belfry and Magoffin look at it like this you all can DO IT nexy year!
15regiongurlsbball Wrote:I think that that might make the Pc fans thank you are putting down there girls accomplishments when you say Magoffin and Belfry Coulda done the same! But Hay look at it like this PC fans YOU all are the team that made it there. Belfry and Magoffin look at it like this you all can DO IT nexy year!

PLEASE! No one is putting down PC. They were GOOD> Why can't you just face it that the 15th was a strong Region this year and PC came out of it? That means they were the strongest of the strong! Quit trying to say people are putting down PC when they are so from that.
whos your momma Wrote:Yes, I for one think that it was a cinderella story especially since I was one of about 3 people on this site that even thought that PC was the best team in the region and would make it to the state, let alone win 2 games against 2 very good teams in the state tourney and make it to the final four. I just went back and read some posts on "how are the lady hawks going to do in the state tourney?" and "PC vs. Notre Dame" and "PC vs. Rose Hill". Not a whole lot of people thought that PC would win, they did "hope". I don't think that anyone outside of the family of PC thought that they were capable of such a fantastic feat. Great job girls and no I don't think that any of 4 teams could have done this. PC DID IT and they are the only team to do anything like this since 1990 so no, I don't think anyone could or they would have. Great job girls you are AWESOME!!! No one can ever take that away from you. You set a goal, a very lofty goal and you accomplished that goal and you played on SATURDAY.
i agree