• 1(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central coaching search
Let's get it started

TongueirateSho
Shouldbe Ovie Canadys if he wants it. Hes very well deserving.
They are going to have to find a local guy. No big name coach is going to come and stay for a long period. Need to go young and try to build a program with someone. Can’t start over every 3-4 years.
A Perry County native that went south?
Matt Robinson
64SUR needs a job.
Ovie Canady should be your next coach
Ovie makes the most sense. If he will take it, I think he's the best bet. They wouldn't have to start over from scratch.

Does Jordan Amis get another chance? He resigned after his first season due to some issues that were worked out not long after he left.

I imagine they'll get a handful of applicants.
IMO someone outside is needed. People of Perry have a hard concept of understanding this. Haddix is probably the ceiling at Perry, you'll never see another like him.
Real Badman Wrote:IMO someone outside is needed. People of Perry have a hard concept of understanding this. Haddix is probably the ceiling at Perry, you'll never see another like him.

When has Perry not embraced that concept?
In the school's history, I'm pretty sure Jordan Amis is the only coach to have any ties to the program before taking the job, unless you count Bert Browne returning to coach for a second stint.
Real Badman Wrote:IMO someone outside is needed. People of Perry have a hard concept of understanding this. Haddix is probably the ceiling at Perry, you'll never see another like him.

Haddix is the ceiling at about 90% of the schools in the state. Pretty HIGH ceiling.... If they get close to Haddix they will have done exceptionally well.
Reds#1Fan Wrote:They are going to have to find a local guy. No big name coach is going to come and stay for a long period. Need to go young and try to build a program with someone. Can’t start over every 3-4 years.

They're going to have to make it a priority to keep someone for the long haul. As long as football plays second fiddle to basketball, coaches will leave as soon as a better offer comes along.
zaga_fan Wrote:When has Perry not embraced that concept?
In the school's history, I'm pretty sure Jordan Amis is the only coach to have any ties to the program before taking the job, unless you count Bert Browne returning to coach for a second stint.

Perry is just the Perry-est place in Kentucky. Probably should pack it up.
Real Badman Wrote:Perry is just the Perry-est place in Kentucky. Probably should pack it up.

Why don't you pack your account up and never post again, that would be awesome.
Perry needs to drop down to 3A. Not sure if they could or not. I think Tom had the program going in the right direction and someone like Ovie will keep things improving. I think Ovie would throw the football a little more and get some of the basketball players to come out. Ovie has done more with the youth football programs than anyone that I can remember has. He runs all the weightlifting and conditioning programs to. He is the best choice by far. He just needs to be givin a chance. He lives and breathes football.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Why don't you pack your account up and never post again, that would be awesome.

But I am too irrelevant to ignore.:poker face:
The_Rock Wrote:Perry needs to drop down to 3A. Not sure if they could or not. I think Tom had the program going in the right direction and someone like Ovie will keep things improving. I think Ovie would throw the football a little more and get some of the basketball players to come out. Ovie has done more with the youth football programs than anyone that I can remember has. He runs all the weightlifting and conditioning programs to. He is the best choice by far. He just needs to be givin a chance. He lives and breathes football.

It'd be 4A, and i'm thinking we will move there when the next major realignment takes place. And I agree, Coach Canady is a good man that loves the game and would be great for the program.
Real Badman Wrote:Perry is just the Perry-est place in Kentucky. Probably should pack it up.

I'm just going to assume since you refused to answer the question you are admitting you don't know what you're talking about and just spouting things off because you can.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:It'd be 4A, and i'm thinking we will move there when the next major realignment takes place. And I agree, Coach Canady is a good man that loves the game and would be great for the program.

Perry is at 4A numbers right now - so that'll be the case come realignment time.

I would imagine that would put them in the Clay, Knox, Rockcastle, Russell, Wayne district (assuming none of those are reclassified or someone nearby moves up or down).

I don't think district is much much easier to get wins than District 8 in 5A - but I think it would be a welcomed change.

But I think anyone watching the grade school program and seen the attitude change in general around the entire program since Larkey and Canady came over understands how good of a hire Ovie would be.
zaga_fan Wrote:When has Perry not embraced that concept?
It would be his third stint.
zaga_fan Wrote:Perry is at 4A numbers right now - so that'll be the case come realignment time.

I would imagine that would put them in the Clay, Knox, Rockcastle, Russell, Wayne district (assuming none of those are reclassified or someone nearby moves up or down).

I don't think district is much much easier to get wins than District 8 in 5A - but I think it would be a welcomed change.

But I think anyone watching the grade school program and seen the attitude change in general around the entire program since Larkey and Canady came over understands how good of a hire Ovie would be.

Yea as far as enrollment is concerned we've been a 4A school playing up the past few years. I just hope when the realignment comes we can avoid Corbin's district if/when they are moved into 4A. I could see Letcher getting in the district with us and Wayne and Russell being moved out west, ending up with a Perry-Letcher-Clay-Knox-Rockcastle district, close to how it looked from 2001-2006 when these teams were together in the old class 3A.

Last part is very true and can't be stated enough, the youth program is in the best shape it's ever been and it's in big part to both of those men. They've done wonders for the program in the 3 years they have been here.
No way to avoid corbin now.
They will definitely be 4A and if Perry doesnt ask or isnt granted permission to play up, theyll be stuck with corbin, letcher, clay, and most likely Rock.
This is the most likely scenario IMO.

However, Perry, Letcher, Clay, and Knox could be in a district and they could stick corbin, rock, and wayne in a different district.
That is likely if the map works out.
zaga_fan Wrote:Ovie makes the most sense. If he will take it, I think he's the best bet. They wouldn't have to start over from scratch.

Does Jordan Amis get another chance? He resigned after his first season due to some issues that were worked out not long after he left.

I imagine they'll get a handful of applicants.

I was wondering what happened to Jordan Amis.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Why don't you pack your account up and never post again, that would be awesome.

Confusednicker:
enknight84 Wrote:It would be his third stint.

You did not understand what I said.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:No way to avoid corbin now.
They will definitely be 4A and if Perry doesnt ask or isnt granted permission to play up, theyll be stuck with corbin, letcher, clay, and most likely Rock.
This is the most likely scenario IMO.

However, Perry, Letcher, Clay, and Knox could be in a district and they could stick corbin, rock, and wayne in a different district.
That is likely if the map works out.

There are a lot of moving parts. You would have to imagine Perry, Letcher and Clay would be in the same district - Corbin/Rockcastle/Russell/Wayne could all be moved out west or be a part of that.

Honestly, Johnson Central is probably as close to Perry and Letcher as they are the rest of the schools in their district. Maybe they get thrown into the mix?
I know Ovie personally, and I could not respect anyone more than I respect him.

In my opinion, you couldn't find a coach more suited for this particular position than him.
Better question is why Perry would stay 4A, I would think they would want to stay 5A.
All jokes aside, I really like a lot of people near the Perry program. Ovie would do well.
zaga_fan Wrote:There are a lot of moving parts. You would have to imagine Perry, Letcher and Clay would be in the same district - Corbin/Rockcastle/Russell/Wayne could all be moved out west or be a part of that.

Honestly, Johnson Central is probably as close to Perry and Letcher as they are the rest of the schools in their district. Maybe they get thrown into the mix?

Guys are forgetting about Harlan Co. too... And I will bet that Johnson Central gets to stay in 4A because there will be no 5A schools even remotely close to them...
  • 1(current)
  • Next