Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will be the new coach at UK?
alfus21 Wrote:I didn't expect it either man. I thought he would at least be back next season for another go round on this rollercoaster. I have ill feelings towards his resignation so for now I don't even want to imagine another coach here. I'm just looking up some good Golden Gopher gear to wear next season. Smile

dont even act like you like UK if your gonna wear minnesota crap because of the coach. thats pathetic man.
The sportsline article mentioned Crean as a candidate. Aside from that final four season, Crean hasnt done much in the NCAA tournament and has a few first round losses. I wonder how long he would last at UK if he lost in the first round of the tournament 2 straight years?
You better calm down bizmark. If you smile then everyone else around you will do the same.
Cool lol, everybody in the state is online, and on BGR
I would like to see FORD in the mix.
bizmark Wrote:your hilarious benchwarmer. comin up witht these jokes all by yourself? just go on to minnesota and dont worry about it.

To cold. I'm a UK fan and that will never change.
Calipari (sp?) would be my pick. Him or Izzo. Both seem to be pretty good coaches, especially Izzo.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Cool lol, everybody in the state is online, and on BGR

Did you see how many was online at catpause.. 11,000 and counting:popcorn: Alot people are either happy or disappointed about the decision.
lol jeez man..Ill just stay on here. Better on here anyways :thumpsup:
calQlate Wrote:Did you see how many was online at catpause.. 11,000 and counting:popcorn: Alot people are either happy or disappointed about the decision.
bizmark Wrote:hey horse head, im a die hard broncos fan and im guessin the same about yoy. did you see where we picked up brandon stoakley? im gettin pretty damn excited about this year man!

yea i seen that. I just hope dra bly stays with us we should be great on D
all we need to get past indy is somebody to shut down reggie wayne. he always kills us but bly could shut him down.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:lol jeez man..Ill just stay on here. Better on here anyways :thumpsup:

Ya its a good idea right now. Theres so many on that their site wont even load.. I just hope we dont hire the Texas A&M coach. He plays slow ball as well.
bizmark Wrote:all we need to get past indy is somebody to shut down reggie wayne. he always kills us but bly could shut him down.
i seen where brandon marshall is going start a long side walker where did smith go?
IMO, I'd like to see a Kentucky Boy get the job, or atleast someone who recruits Kentucky boys. One that would pick up the next Chris Lofton that comes along.
Horse Head Wrote:i seen where brandon marshall is going start a long side walker where did smith go?

still there.
yeah, he's perfect for A&M but im not so sure about UK..Im still hoping for Few, D'antoni or Pelphrey..those are my favs. Gillespie, Crean, Izzo, guys like that are perfect where they are. We've been spoiled since the days of Pitinos Bombinos, lol..remember those days? But I dont think that they would be accepted because of their style of play. Just like Tubby...
calQlate Wrote:Ya its a good idea right now. Theres so many on that their site wont even load.. I just hope we dont hire the Texas A&M coach. He plays slow ball as well.
bizmark Wrote:still there.
but why is he not going to start?
bizmark Wrote:dont even act like you like UK if your gonna wear minnesota crap because of the coach. thats pathetic man.

Dude. People can like two teams. They do it all the time. I am UK through and through and UK will always be my primary team but I like Tubby and I will now root for Minnesota as well. There is nothing wrong with having two teams to root for.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:yeah, he's perfect for A&M but im not so sure about UK..Im still hoping for Few, D'antoni or Pelphrey..those are my favs. Gillespie, Crean, Izzo, guys like that are perfect where they are. We've been spoiled since the days of Pitinos Bombinos, lol..remember those days? But I dont think that they would be accepted because of their style of play. Just like Tubby...

yea im tired of slow down ball i want that pitino shizzzzz back......lol
or that style anyway
Move the Broncos talk to another thread...Lets stay on topic...
alfus21 Wrote:Dude. People can like two teams. They do it all the time. I am UK through and through and UK will always be my primary team but I like Tubby and I will now root for Minnesota as well. There is nothing wrong with having two teams to root for.

No doubt about it. :thumpsup: I will be keeping an eye on the Gophers as well. After all Tubby does have permanent ties to Kentucky.
I just don't see Pelphrey being a top notch coach. I don't want him personally.
BCF4L Wrote:I just don't see Pelphrey being a top notch coach. I don't want him personally.

me either.. I would love to see ole Rick back.

Going to be interesting waiting for the news of who will be the new coach. Rick or Billy D would be my top picks. If we couldnt get them then go after Calipari.
I don't see them going after Pitino for some reason. I don't think Pitino would come back either. I just want someone who is going to turn this team back into an elite program.
jammin' jamey Wrote:Move the Broncos talk to another thread...Lets stay on topic...
its over anyway man
BCF4L Wrote:I don't see them going after Pitino for some reason. I don't think Pitino would come back either. I just want someone who is going to turn this team back into an elite program.

I agree.
I doubt Pitino will leave UL, however, Donovan has been putting off his contract re-negotiations with Florida....interesting.
Pitino needs to come back....
ESPN.com is reporting that the possible candidates are Michigan State's Tom Izzo, Marquette's Tom Crean, Memphis's John Calipari, Gonzaga's Mark Few, and Notre Dame's Mike Brey. I like Izzo. He has a National Championship with the Spartans, and just look at the players he has produced: Jason Richardson, Mateen Cleaves, Morris Peterson, Paul Davis, and Charlie Bell were all NCAA All-Americans, and look at the impact Zach Randolph is having in the NBA. He led the Spartans to 3 straight Final Fours (1998-1999, 1999-2000, 2000-2001), with a National Championship in 1999-2000. He also reached the Final Four in 2004-2005. I like the way he recruits (8 McDonald All-Americans, and 5 Michigan Mr. Basketballs in 8 seasons, 1 Illinois Mr. Basketball) and develops players.
I think Calipari would be good too. Be it, he hasn't proven to be a contender in the NCAA Tournament, he consistently has one of the country's top teams. He recruits some of the best that America's high schools have to offer.
I don't think UK will be a #1 contender next season, but give the new coach a year or two to implement his new system and to get some players in, and then I think UK will be yet again a top program.
I would take Izzo...Maybe even over Donovan.