Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will be the new coach at UK?
People have continually stated that Pelphrey is about two years away from being ready and have also stated with Morris, Stevenson & Crawford gone and Patterson & Lucas not coming, we are 2-3 years away from turning around. Seems like we could let him adjust during this time.
THOMCAT Wrote:People have continually stated that Pelphrey is about two years away from being ready and have also stated with Morris, Stevenson & Crawford gone and Patterson & Lucas not coming, we are 2-3 years away from turning around. Seems like we could let him adjust during this time.

When did all these players leave?
Crossbones Wrote:Rumor has it is that Donovan bought a house in Lexington about 2 months ago. Go figure.

Rumor has it that Eddie Sutton had bought a liquor store in Lexington also. Smile
I see Billy D really considering this position. This would give him a chance to coach at a basketball school and get him away from football heaven in Gainesville. Pretty sad when you are defending national champ and play first 2 rounds of NCAA tourney in nearby New Orleans and only have 800 fans show up. It doesnt matter if he wins 10 titles at Florida he is still going to be second fiddle to Meyer and the football team. If he comes to UK he could recruit the best players in the country, and have a new practice facility that is second to none. He can even get Florida to consider building a new gym. He has been trying to get a new gym for 5 years now. Billy D will definatly consider the UK job.
Here's one way you'll get a clue if Donovan is coming or not. If Patterson marks UK off his list he plans to narrow down to 3 in the coming days, cross out Donovan. If Patterson keeps UK on his list of 3, pencil in Donovan as UK's next coach. Personally, I think it will come down to either Rick Pitino, Billie Gillespie or John Caliapri. Either would be OK with me.
Gillespie would be my first choice. Bruce Pearl would be #2.
Pitino is not coming back.

Thank God.
1.Mark Few
2.Mark Few
3.Mark Few

If not him I take my chances with Travis Ford...Billy D is not leaving Flordia, no way.
Moe Wrote:1.Mark Few
2.Mark Few
3.Mark Few

If not him I take my chances with Travis Ford...Billy D is not leaving Flordia, no way.
I agree but i would rather see John Calipari than that guy
Moe Wrote:1.Mark Few
2.Mark Few
3.Mark Few

Mark Few couldn't handle Kentucky. I'd like to see Rick Barnes (Texas coach) or Billy Donovan (Florida coach). If these two guys can recruit five star players at "Football Schools," than I'm sure he can recruit them at Kentucky. They both can coach the half-court game and the fast pace game, thats why I like both of them.
The day they bring in Ford or Calapari is the day I switch my allegience another school.
FBALL Wrote:Pitino is not coming back.

Thank God.

Didn't you also say Tubby wasn't going anywhere and would be back coaching the Cats next season.

Don't ever count out Pitino.
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:Didn't you also say Tubby wasn't going anywhere and would be back coaching the Cats next season.

Don't ever count out Pitino.
Let me amend my earlier statement. If they were to ever bring in Ford, Calapari or Pitino I would switch my allegience.
id like to see billy d come to uk and bring that man beast joakim noah...hahaha
but i admit i was wanting tubby gone but now that he is im not sure i like it he has been the coach for most of the time that i have been watching uk, im just a young pup earliest season i remember was the 96' season so.... im gonna miss him but i hope we can pull a good coach and still land these recruits.
Billy D's wife's family is from the Lexington area.
lol Smile yeah..wouldnt that be something..I heard Dwayne Casey got a job with some shipping company too..
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:Rumor has it that Eddie Sutton had bought a liquor store in Lexington also. Smile
FBALL Wrote:Let me amend my earlier statement. If they were to ever bring in Ford, Calapari or Pitino I would switch my allegience.

That is correct FBALL, Pitino would love to get back into the ALL MIGHTY seat at UK. But I would have to start cheering for another team should that happen. It's gotta happen pretty quick with signing day's coming up.
Calipari!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Calipari!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Calipari!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Calipari!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Calipari!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Calipari!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In my opinion, I think Billy Donovan WANTS to come to UK. The only reason is because the University of Florida asked him to sign a Multi-year deal after he won the Championship, yet he only opted for a one year extension. So why would he do something like that. All year long I have harped about Tubby being gone and Donovan coming to Kentucky. I would love it if he came to the bluegrass. I smell Championships already!!!!
Oh wait. I think Bill Self is also being looked at by Kentucky.
GRIZZ Wrote:Billy D's wife's family is from the Lexington area.

Incorrect. This rumor got started on TCP also. Billy D's wife is from the NY/NJ area.
The top candidates for the job are Pitino, Donovan, Calipari, Gillespie and Self.
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:The top candidates for the job are Pitino, Donovan, Calipari, Gillespie and Self.
No way, now how, no chance for those 3. That is just crazy talk GKS
According to sources within the program the phone calls will be made in the following order
1. Billy Donovan
2. Rick Pitino
3. Billy Gillespie
4. Travis Ford
corndog23 Wrote:No way, now how, no chance for those 3. That is just crazy talk GKS

Haven't I been right on everything I've posted in the past 2 months? PITINO would love to coach at UK again and definitely would if the UKAA offered. If you saw his interview on Dish ch 152 (CSTV - college sports tv) the other night, you would have known this.
I herd they was going to ask Billy Donavon, memphis head coach and gonzaga head coach
Didn't Pitino say that when the Cardinals played it Rupp, he felt at home? Personally I would like to see Donovan at UK. Yesterday when asked about the job he said it was obvious that he was going to be asked, but he did not go out like Calapari and say he wasn't interested, he just said that he is right now concerned with getting his team to the FF. The Florida AD was smug about the whole situation when asked about Kentucky talking to them, he just said that it was a free country and they can talk to him if they want to.
what about Bob Knight lol..
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:Haven't I been right on everything I've posted in the past 2 months? PITINO would love to coach at UK again and definitely would if the UKAA offered. If you saw his interview on Dish ch 152 (CSTV - college sports tv) the other night, you would have known this.
Short answer. No.