Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike County Central recruiting allegations
The News Express wrote a scathing and detailed account of recruiting violations at Pike Central as detailed by former coach/assistant principal Keith May. Long but incredible read, and a black eye on the athletics program at the school. I’ve attached the link (need a log in) as well as pics of the article that you will need to zoom in on to read but not sure it will work.

http://www.news-expressky.com/news/artic...9786b.html

[Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/att...1518910858]

[Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/att...1518910858]
They need to come down hard on Clevenger and recruiting at Pike central. He is a leach on an otherwise good program. I hate it for kids like Conn who have busted thier tail
This could get ugly
Bless Centrals hearts, they can’t even cheat right!!!....SMH!!!
i know it was mostly clevenger but administration has something to do with it too.
and if i was pikeville i probably wouldnt say anything about recruiting
Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Good to see the ANE shed some light on what's been going on for a while at PC. Also would have like to seen some information on how the Phelps kid magically appeared this season as well.

KHSAA may be forced to act on this one soon!
hitter Wrote:and if i was pikeville i probably wouldnt say anything about recruiting

Proof?
What about the kids that didnt even bother to come out for the team this year that played last year. about 4 of them.Then you had 3 seniors to walk away from the team in late December that had played ever year. I hope Dave, Reed and everyone of them are proud of what they have done. Reed need to go. The kid that was number 2 in the paper was shipped out in January of this year now I know why, so not to be able to tell his story. These boys bring their clothes to school said they cant wash them at Dave's too much water used to wash them. Time to clean house Dave first Reed second then rest of them.
If I'm not mistaken didn't they get caught recruiting in football a few years back
Read the article, what a disgrace
So does Pike Central play the kid in the district next week? If this is true you know any win you have with him is vacated. I think I'd just take my chances with my domestic transfer and be done with it
hitter Wrote:and if i was pikeville i probably wouldnt say anything about recruiting

It’s all I here from people i can’t really say about Coach Mac I don’t believe he does but I know Coach Justice and he don’t have to recruit kids want to play for a good man a good Coach
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:It’s all I here from people i can’t really say about Coach Mac I don’t believe he does but I know Coach Justice and he don’t have to recruit kids want to play for a good man a good Coach

There's also a huge difference in a kids family taking him 15 miles up the road to a different school and bringing kids in with fake birth certificates from other countries. Kids living in pool house parents asking for cars all the above
Like I have said before, the recruiting starts now in junior high. I know in some instances that the head coach will get their players to tell players from other teams to come,they will get family members to call them,they are recruiting but will go around saying "I didn't recruit". I do believe,however that some players transfer on their own.
SouthEast18 Wrote:So does Pike Central play the kid in the district next week? If this is true you know any win you have with him is vacated. I think I'd just take my chances with my domestic transfer and be done with it

Sounds like more than one of them may be ineligible so shouldn’t play any of them.
Glory Days Wrote:If I'm not mistaken didn't they get caught recruiting in football a few years back

Yes,
John Chapman was bringing kids to school with him every day who lived in Breathitt County
This is unfortunate
Is this the same David Clevinger who had a son named Matt who played @ Pikeville?
Can someone kindly copy and paste the article for those of us who don't have subscriptions?
OhHereWeGo Wrote:Can someone kindly copy and paste the article for those of us who don't have subscriptions?

https://mobile.twitter.com/15thRegionZon...0492750848
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Is this the same David Clevinger who had a son named Matt who played @ Pikeville?

Yes it is HP. I read this article in the paper and I don't see any way that this doesn't end very badly for Pike Central. I hate it for the 99% of the kids, coaches, administrators and parents there who go by the book. Vast majority of the people at PC are outraged at what's going on there. Heads will roll IMO.
So this guy files the whistle blower lawsuit and the school board countersues him for overpayment while he was principal?
zaga_fan Wrote:So this guy files the whistle blower lawsuit and the school board countersues him for overpayment while he was principal?

It appears they did actually overpay him but shooting the messenger won't magically make all the other stuff go away.
jetpilot Wrote:It appears they did actually overpay him but shooting the messenger won't magically make all the other stuff go away.

It just seems to me that could be handled outside of this court proceeding.
Having someone accuse you of retaliation and responding with ... retaliation ... seems like a pretty dumb move.
zaga_fan Wrote:It just seems to me that could be handled outside of this court proceeding.
Having someone accuse you of retaliation and responding with ... retaliation ... seems like a pretty dumb move.

Attempting to discredit the witness...very common tactic. I don't trust the court to find the truth but the KHSAA will be all over it.
jetpilot Wrote:Yes it is HP. I read this article in the paper and I don't see any way that this doesn't end very badly for Pike Central. I hate it for the 99% of the kids, coaches, administrators and parents there who go by the book. Vast majority of the people at PC are outraged at what's going on there. Heads will roll IMO.

I don’t think the trouble is confined to just PCC. I think the Superintendent ‘s office has some explaining to do as well. It would appear that his office was made aware of the malfeasance and turned a blind eye too it. Seems to me a change at the top is needed. This isn’t the only scandal that his office has been party too
SouthEast18 Wrote:There's also a huge difference in a kids family taking him 15 miles up the road to a different school and bringing kids in with fake birth certificates from other countries. Kids living in pool house parents asking for cars all the above

You my friend have absolutely no proof and you are nothing but a liar of your saying this about Coach Justice anywhere you want to meet me and bring me proof of this until then your just another person that Pikeville has beat
It must really suck to do all this and still get swept in your district play man the one kid in the article has to be a 7 year high school player you would have to be like 21 or 22 years old lol
Doesn't the BOE have a full time AD that oversees the entire county?