Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region, field is set, just waiting on the draw.
Knott/Letcher
Hazard/Leslie
Wolfe/Jackson City
Powell/Lee

Knott will probably have to beat both Leslie and Hazard to win the title, but can't overlook Powell or Lee. Should be a great tourney, good luck to all the teams in the finals of the district.
See you all in Estill County......ConfusedingleparConfusedingleparConfusedinglepar
you wont see me there. I don't care if it Leslie Co vs Hazard in the region championship game. I am not driving all the way to Estill Co.
Your not a true fan if you can't drive a couple of hours to support the teams that worked hard all year long. So, sit to the house where you belong
bball321 Wrote:Your not a true fan if you can't drive a couple of hours to support the teams that worked hard all year long. So, sit to the house where you belong

i will. way would anyone want to drive that far to watch a game, or sit at home in front of the TV, with the radio on. to me that is a no brainer. I would care if I have a girl on the team, I still wouldn't drive that far to watch a region game. it is around a 2 hour drive from Hazard to Estill co.
so I must not be a true fan then. the last year my niece play basketball, the region was at Powell Co. I didn't went to any of these game either (I think they lose the first or 2nd round to Jenkins that year).
It’s a lot of fun driving to Leslie County and Letcher County too. But I would to support my team. The road goes both ways and sometimes further up that way.
cj2561 Wrote:i will. way would anyone want to drive that far to watch a game, or sit at home in front of the TV, with the radio on. to me that is a no brainer. I would care if I have a girl on the team, I still wouldn't drive that far to watch a region game. it is around a 2 hour drive from Hazard to Estill co.
so I must not be a true fan then. the last year my niece play basketball, the region was at Powell Co. I didn't went to any of these game either (I think they lose the first or 2nd round to Jenkins that year).

That works both ways. Every year, Powell and Estill have to make the drive further east and hours away. They do that more so than anyone else. I will support my team in a regional tournament 3 hours away. They've worked hard all year to get to where they are, they deserve to have fans there to support them.
Highway 15 / Mt. Parkway
Stanton to ECHS 17.2 miles
Campton to ECHS 38.6 miles
Jackson to ECHS 56.5 miles
Hazard to ECHS 87.5 miles
Hindman to ECHS 101 miles
Hyden to ECHS 102 miles
Whitesburg to ECHS 118 miles

*Beattyville to ECHS 25.6 miles via Hwy 82

From Hyden you could take Hwy 11 and Hwy 52 and it is 83.2 miles to ECHS.

Unless you're in a horse and wagon, then only Letcher Central is over two hours. And it should only take that long on a bus, with all the stop and go from Whitesburg to the other side of Hazard (3 RxR crossings and several lights)
Needs to be in Jackson every year! The teams split the money anyways, so it's not a money thing. That is right in the middle of the region, so make it easier on everyone and have it at a central location.
Or we could just have it at the sportsplex in Knott County and play it all in one night since they have 5 courts. Everyone would only have to make one trip for that. hahahahahaha...
Should we just go ahead and seed the region based on the Cantrell Rankings too, lol

What do you think they would look like if we did seed based on whatever rankings you wanted to use?

1. Knott
2. Leslie
3. Hazard
4. Powell
5. Lee
6. Wolfe
7. Letcher
8. Jackson City

Knott vs Jackson City
Powell vs Lee

Leslie vs Letcher
Hazard vs Wolfe

This would be a great tournament setup! Smile I know this can't work due to teams playing in same bracket from same district, but if it was seeded, would make for a better tourney. Just in my opinion.
Patriot train Wrote:Should we just go ahead and seed the region based on the Cantrell Rankings too, lol

What do you think they would look like if we did seed based on whatever rankings you wanted to use?

1. Knott
2. Leslie
3. Hazard
4. Powell
5. Lee
6. Wolfe
7. Letcher
8. Jackson City

Knott vs Jackson City
Powell vs Lee

Leslie vs Letcher
Hazard vs Wolfe

This would be a great tournament setup! Smile I know this can't work due to teams playing in same bracket from same district, but if it was seeded, would make for a better tourney. Just in my opinion.

Having districts is comparable to having football college bowl games....just traditionally that's what has always been done even if it ain't right. Be cool if you could do a rotation where each team played once (15) games. Top 8 teams make the regional tournament, extend regular season one week for what would have been district tournament week and add 3 regular season games. 54th district would deservingly send 3 teams most years in both girls and boys basketball.
Go Big Brew Wrote:That works both ways. Every year, Powell and Estill have to make the drive further east and hours away. They do that more so than anyone else. I will support my team in a regional tournament 3 hours away. They've worked hard all year to get to where they are, they deserve to have fans there to support them.

yea it does. but that is them. like I told all my nieces, nephews, and kids. if the region is Hazard, Leslie Co. Knott, Breathitt, or maybe LCC. I will go. if it at Powell Co. I will go to the championship game if they make it. any other school I will not go unless they make to state.
the people down that way, can do the same thing. there is many of games, that my mom did go to. did I cry about it, nope. if I would have saw my dad at any of my games after 7th grade. I would though I was dead, since my dad got kill when I was in the 7th grade.

the kids that get mad because there mom or dad is not at the game. is playing that sport because of there mom and dad. if they are playing it because they love that sport. they wouldn't care who was there.
Patriot train Wrote:Needs to be in Jackson every year! The teams split the money anyways, so it's not a money thing. That is right in the middle of the region, so make it easier on everyone and have it at a central location.
Or we could just have it at the sportsplex in Knott County and play it all in one night since they have 5 courts. Everyone would only have to make one trip for that. hahahahahaha...

if they would have put the sportplex were they wanted to put it at. it would be close to the middle of the 14th region. they made the mayor of Hazard mad over something, so look were it is at now Knott Co. the same thing happen over the expo central, I just can't remember if it is the one in Pikeville or the one in Corbin.
Instead of fussing about the drive, enjoy the drive! There is so much beauty in the 14th Region boundaries. We live in a Great State, it don't hurt to explore it! I have travelled thru the 13th to 16th Region watching games and have seen a lot of scenery, and by the way, over the past few years, I've seen Regional tournaments in Letcher, Perry, Hazard, Knott & Wolfe in different sports. The folks in the 56th District made the drive.
rawlingsfan Wrote:Highway 15 / Mt. Parkway
Stanton to ECHS 17.2 miles
Campton to ECHS 38.6 miles
Jackson to ECHS 56.5 miles
Hazard to ECHS 87.5 miles
Hindman to ECHS 101 miles
Hyden to ECHS 102 miles
Whitesburg to ECHS 118 miles

*Beattyville to ECHS 25.6 miles via Hwy 82

From Hyden you could take Hwy 11 and Hwy 52 and it is 83.2 miles to ECHS.

Unless you're in a horse and wagon, then only Letcher Central is over two hours. And it should only take that long on a bus, with all the stop and go from Whitesburg to the other side of Hazard (3 RxR crossings and several lights)

on the road map thing, I put in Hazard high school to Estill Co high school, it said 1 hours and something (it over 30 mins). on a county road like that, you always get slow down by someone that is drive 10 or 20 mph below the speed limit. so I just added up because of that. around 2 hours. I know how to get to estill co. but I have never been there, way would I. there is nothing there.
[Image: https://i.imgflip.com/251b9b.jpg] #knottizhot #nuffsaid More mash taters please!!!
Patriot train Wrote:Should we just go ahead and seed the region based on the Cantrell Rankings too, lol

1. Knott
2. Leslie
3. Hazard
4. Powell
5. Lee
6. Wolfe
7. Letcher
8. Jackson City

Knott vs Jackson City
Powell vs Lee

Leslie vs Letcher
Hazard vs Wolfe

Hazard would be the number 1 seed and leslie would be number 2
cj2561 Wrote:you wont see me there. I don't care if it Leslie Co vs Hazard in the region championship game. I am not driving all the way to Estill Co.
But I suppose it’s okay when Estill or Powell fans must drive all the way to Hazard, Hindman or Whitesburg to watch their teams play???

What’s wrong with giving every area of the region an opportunity for their schools and fans to occasionally host the region. Why should it always be thought by some that it only belongs in the four counties from the southern part of the region? What’s fair about that?
cj2561 Wrote:on the road map thing, I put in Hazard high school to Estill Co high school, it said 1 hours and something (it over 30 mins). on a county road like that, you always get slow down by someone that is drive 10 or 20 mph below the speed limit. so I just added up because of that. around 2 hours. I know how to get to estill co. but I have never been there, way would I. there is nothing there.
Well, to the 15,000 Estill Countians that live in the county there is a lot there. It’s a great county with good people. The railroad once was a big employer there but since coal is not what it once was in the market that industry has downsized. But it did give their school their mascot name. Quite a few Estill Countians work in Richmond which is only a 20 minute drive from Irvine.
Like Powell County, about half of the county is Mountain and the other half Bluegrass. It’s where the mountains kisses the Bluegrass. The Knob Region of Kentucky. It’s a beautiful and scenic county. There’s definitely more than just saying, “There’s nothing there”.
[Image: https://i.imgflip.com/252ur3.jpg] CT and the BOE doing it straight up riding in style! Entourage and the posse be hitting Esty wide freaking open! Honeycutta got a glare in his eyes and scared ole Fatpat! Ole Fatpat likes it! #jetsandturbo #planes&trains More mash taters please!!!
If I had a nickel for every mile I've driven to ball games over the last 20 years, I could retire.......again!
I think it would be a solid idea. But Knott the one seed? Leslie beat them at Knott. Leslie after beating Hazard twice, PCC, and Knott at Knott is easily the favorite
cj2561 Wrote:yea it does. but that is them. like I told all my nieces, nephews, and kids. if the region is Hazard, Leslie Co. Knott, Breathitt, or maybe LCC. I will go. if it at Powell Co. I will go to the championship game if they make it. any other school I will not go unless they make to state.
the people down that way, can do the same thing. there is many of games, that my mom did go to. did I cry about it, nope. if I would have saw my dad at any of my games after 7th grade. I would though I was dead, since my dad got kill when I was in the 7th grade.

the kids that get mad because there mom or dad is not at the game. is playing that sport because of there mom and dad. if they are playing it because they love that sport. they wouldn't care who was there.

You obviously didn't drive to English class either
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:But I suppose it’s okay when Estill or Powell fans must drive all the way to Hazard, Hindman or Whitesburg to watch their teams play???

What’s wrong with giving every area of the region an opportunity for their schools and fans to occasionally host the region. Why should it always be thought by some that it only belongs in the four counties from the southern part of the region? What’s fair about that?

i didn't say not give them the opportunity to host. but it is up to the use to drive that far to watch them game, or sit at the house with the radio on.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Well, to the 15,000 Estill Countians that live in the county there is a lot there. It’s a great county with good people. The railroad once was a big employer there but since coal is not what it once was in the market that industry has downsized. But it did give their school their mascot name. Quite a few Estill Countians work in Richmond which is only a 20 minute drive from Irvine.
Like Powell County, about half of the county is Mountain and the other half Bluegrass. It’s where the mountains kisses the Bluegrass. The Knob Region of Kentucky. It’s a beautiful and scenic county. There’s definitely more than just saying, “There’s nothing there”.

you still didn't name one thing to do in estill co. because it is just like all the other county in the 14th region. it is a nice place to live, and there is nothing to do there.
cj2561 Wrote:yea it does. but that is them. like I told all my nieces, nephews, and kids. if the region is Hazard, Leslie Co. Knott, Breathitt, or maybe LCC. I will go. if it at Powell Co. I will go to the championship game if they make it. any other school I will not go unless they make to state.

The kids who get mad at their parents for not supporting a sport they bust their tail for, a sport that keeps their kids out of trouble, and a sport that teaches respect and discipline. They have every right to be disappointed if fans won't travel after all the sacrifices they have made. These kids are representing their county. As a community, we should always back them up.
cj2561 Wrote:you still didn't name one thing to do in estill co. because it is just like all the other county in the 14th region. it is a nice place to live, and there is nothing to do there.

Dont tell me Estill county aint got no heart. You just got to poke around. Steam Engine Pizza Pub is a great place to hang. Tons of great music and really good eats. Often you will find any number of talented musicians playing live. Senora May, Geno Seale, and if you get lucky maybe Tyler Childers will pop in. Estill County has one of the best music festivals in the state in Kickin It On The Creek which had The Marcus King Band as the Headliner. There is golf, fishing, and plenty of other outdoor activities. But if the outdoor lifestyle dont meet your needs they are the closet school in the 14th region to the City where you can find plenty of city things to do.
Okay, how do you think the draw will come out? Now that we know all the winners of the districts what are your thoughts on who will play who?

Winners losers
Knott Letcher
Hazard Leslie
Wolfe Jackson City
Lee Powell

Would love to see this.

Top Bracket:
Knott/Leslie
Wolfe/Powell

Bottom bracket:
Hazard/Jackson City
Lee/Letcher

This would be about as good as it can be. Would let the Lady Pats not have to play two hard games right in a row while making the long trip to Estill.

Good luck to all the teams!!!!!
Go Big Brew Wrote:The kids who get mad at their parents for not supporting a sport they bust their tail for, a sport that keeps their kids out of trouble, and a sport that teaches respect and discipline. They have every right to be disappointed if fans won't travel after all the sacrifices they have made. These kids are representing their county. As a community, we should always back them up.

you sound like a kid that played sport to make there mom and dad happy. at home, yea. all players want that at home. but on the road not so much.
nannook Wrote:Dont tell me Estill county aint got no heart. You just got to poke around. Steam Engine Pizza Pub is a great place to hang. Tons of great music and really good eats. Often you will find any number of talented musicians playing live. Senora May, Geno Seale, and if you get lucky maybe Tyler Childers will pop in. Estill County has one of the best music festivals in the state in Kickin It On The Creek which had The Marcus King Band as the Headliner. There is golf, fishing, and plenty of other outdoor activities. But if the outdoor lifestyle dont meet your needs they are the closet school in the 14th region to the City where you can find plenty of city things to do.

you name them people (band or singer), like i know who they are. i haven't heard of none of them.
when i go hurting, i go to the farm.
if i just want to clear my head, i go up to the lake. but if i want to really go fishing. i will be on my way to Tennessee.
i have never play golf in my life.
that pizza place you talking about. i drive to Knoxville to get my pizza. they make there pizza on a brick over down there.
I would drive to Timbuktu to watch my kids play.