Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County 53 Knox Central 52
Final. Game went into overtime. Estes lit it up for WC. Great game. Awesome atmosphere at the end of the game.
Way to go Colonels!
CoachNM0523 Wrote:Final. Game went into overtime. Estes lit it up for WC. Great game. Awesome atmosphere at the end of the game.

Hopefully she shoots lights out in the next games.
That's good coaching right there! BANG! DDE
The Legend pulled out another one. Book your rooms now Colonels! That a boy Dave!
Knox was up 1 and had four fouls to give in last minute but didn't go for steals or foul. They couldn't put Whitley on the line at the end in a 1-point game. Big mistake.
pjdoug Wrote:Hopefully she shoots lights out in the next games.

Her shot is smooth. Every time she’s got it the Knox crowd groaned. You can’t give her an inch or she’ll cash it.
Good job Colonels , very proud of our Lady Panthers , very proud of that effort tonight.
GreysHeadline Wrote:That's good coaching right there! BANG! DDE

No it ain't. lol
Way to close for Whitley.
Hopefully this was there bad showing. This game shouldn't have been close.
CoachNM0523 Wrote:Her shot is smooth. Every time she’s got it the Knox crowd groaned. You can’t give her an inch or she’ll cash it.

She's tough for sure.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Way to close for Whitley.
Hopefully this was there bad showing. This game shouldn't have been close.

I agree. They have to play better as a team.
Can’t wait for Eddie Munster vs Diamond Dave!
SwallowedMyWhistle2 Wrote:Can’t wait for Eddie Munster vs Diamond Dave!

:zzz:
Whitley needs to attack the paint more if they're going to advance. I thought they relied on the three way too much in the fourth quarter. They were lucky to survive.
Estes is tough as nails, congrats to the Colonels...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OldJacket Wrote:Estes is tough as nails, congrats to the Colonels...

Yes, Diamond Dave is, Get em' Dave! BANG!! DDE
Whitley's fan base was awesome last night. Showed some real support for their girls last night.
ratherbefishin Wrote:Whitley needs to attack the paint more if they're going to advance. I thought they relied on the three way too much in the fourth quarter. They were lucky to survive.

I think you're right.
GreysHeadline Wrote:Yes, Diamond Dave is, Get em' Dave! BANG!! DDE

Dave, What's your infatuation with Dave? Confusednicker:
Kuz Wrote:Whitley's fan base was awesome last night. Showed some real support for their girls last night.

Colonels! Colonels! Colonels! :Cheerlead
[quote=pjdoug]Dave, What's your infatuation with Dave? Confusednicker:[/QUOT

I think he is trying to take the heat away from the boys coach and trying to discredit the girls coach. Why, because there are rumors of Estes coming to the boys but only as an assistant. His business and his boys is the reason. JMO

I have heard another name being tossed around and he is an established coach with a great record. Don't think it will happen this year. I think they are going to hang the boys coach out with the brutal schedule he made and next year will wrap it up. We will have to wait and see. Either way something different has to happen, numbers are a problem for a reason.
TheColonel Wrote:[quote=pjdoug]Dave, What's your infatuation with Dave? Confusednicker:[/QUOT

I think he is trying to take the heat away from the boys coach and trying to discredit the girls coach. Why, because there are rumors of Estes coming to the boys but only as an assistant. His business and his boys is the reason. JMO

I have heard another name being tossed around and he is an established coach with a great record. Don't think it will happen this year. I think they are going to hang the boys coach out with the brutal schedule he made and next year will wrap it up. We will have to wait and see. Either way something different has to happen, numbers are a problem for a reason.

They need to bring some real coaches in and break this clique up.
TheColonel Wrote:[quote=pjdoug]Dave, What's your infatuation with Dave? Confusednicker:[/QUOT

DDE can handle the Heat! Look how he has turned around the girls program. You think his daughter is good, his son is twice the shooter she is and She can shoot the lights out like she did last night!

:worthy:

I just know Greatness when I see it! You cant hold the Diamond back, Dave assists no one. Shine Bright Like a DIAMOND! DDE
Congrats lady Colonels, you/Colonel Nation got the win and that's all that matters this time of year. Should be a great night of basketball Friday. Coach Estes doing what he was hired to do and that's win and advance. Personally I think he needs to stay with the girls program because he has done a good job with it and has lots of talent to try to get to state in the coming years if not this year. As for the boys I hope Overbey is the coach cause he has won in the past and with the up and coming talent in the lower classes on the way he will win again imo. Talked to a player returning next season last night and he said they had close to 20 kids at the meeting to prepare for off season weight lifting and summer program so that's encouraging. Just think the numbers last year was a fluke year and their schedule was ridiculous. Best of luck to both programs and go Colonels! :Cheerlead
Rainingthrees Wrote:Congrats lady Colonels, you/Colonel Nation got the win and that's all that matters this time of year. Should be a great night of basketball Friday. Coach Estes doing what he was hired to do and that's win and advance. Personally I think he needs to stay with the girls program because he has done a good job with it and has lots of talent to try to get to state in the coming years if not this year. As for the boys I hope Overbey is the coach cause he has won in the past and with the up and coming talent in the lower classes on the way he will win again imo. Talked to a player returning next season last night and he said they had close to 20 kids at the meeting to prepare for off season weight lifting and summer program so that's encouraging. Just think the numbers last year was a fluke year and their schedule was ridiculous. Best of luck to both programs and go Colonels! :Cheerlead

That what I am saying, no reason to leave a program that you started and built into a Championship Monster. Last Night was their first time playing in the Arena, so you have to take that into account. WC is just now stretching their legs. Diamond Dave knows what he is doing. :worthy:
SwallowedMyWhistle2 Wrote:[quote=TheColonel]

DDE can handle the Heat! Look how he has turned around the girls program. You think his daughter is good, his son is twice the shooter she is and She can shoot the lights out like she did last night!

:worthy:

He gets shook up on the radio. Courtside is too stressful.
Rainingthrees Wrote:Congrats lady Colonels, you/Colonel Nation got the win and that's all that matters this time of year. Should be a great night of basketball Friday. Coach Estes doing what he was hired to do and that's win and advance. Personally I think he needs to stay with the girls program because he has done a good job with it and has lots of talent to try to get to state in the coming years if not this year. As for the boys I hope Overbey is the coach cause he has won in the past and with the up and coming talent in the lower classes on the way he will win again imo. Talked to a player returning next season last night and he said they had close to 20 kids at the meeting to prepare for off season weight lifting and summer program so that's encouraging. Just think the numbers last year was a fluke year and their schedule was ridiculous. Best of luck to both programs and go Colonels! :Cheerlead

They should hire some top notch coaches and let the current coaches start a baton twirling team up .
pjdoug Wrote:They should hire some top notch coaches and let the current coaches start a baton twirling team up .

Like baseball and football I totally agree. I think when the time comes to hire new round ball coaches they for sure need to go out of house and bring in very good ones. Start with a clean slate and allow the best players to play. If and when Overbey steps down I would tell Estes to stay as girls coach or hit the stands as a fan, cause if he is wanting to switch then we all know it's about his boys instead of the program. Would go after qualified coaches for both programs. Will continue to support but hope the bosses do the right thing for the programs to reach the potential of a school this size is capable doing.