•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg coaching search
The name I've heard several times is David Jones. Would be a big step up for him, but he has done good things in a short amount of time at Phelps.
David Jones would be an interesting hire. Curious to see how this all shakes out
Why wouldn't they go after Chris Larkey. The combo of him and his father would be great to bring the PBurg back.
Jon419 Wrote:The name I've heard several times is David Jones. Would be a big step up for him, but he has done good things in a short amount of time at Phelps.

we have a winner
Carl Ed Bingham will take the job if they give him all the BINGO MONEY!LOL
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:As someone else stated, this is too little-too late. They had the perfect coach for P-Burg on staff 2 years ago in Shawn Hager and let him go to Floyd Central.
i would have to disagree with you on that
I have heard from a few people, one being a decently reliable source, that Johnson Central defensive coordinator
Justin Arms has been in contact.
Explorer Wrote:That's the biggest downfall for male Pburg athletics as a whole IMO. And thats been the case for over a decade.

Shane Simpkins and Blackcat baseball is a perfect example.
I have heard that Bill Letton son has been in contact and is interested.
Is Nate Letton expected to take the job?? Word on the street is that he is priority number 1 for the black cats.
RumorMill Wrote:Rumor has it... a certain AD has reached to a current asst. coach at Whitley. Have heard that the talks went well, and both sides seem to be interested in each. Coach said it will be a prime time job with the new realignment. Also said he need to fill out the current administration at one school and the new new super to be named at the other before making a move

:yikes:
RumorMill Wrote:Rumor has it... A big time name was in town at Pig in a Poke! This will shock the world if P-Burg pulls this one off. All I can say is GO BLACKCATS!!!

Haywood or Hilton?
Gonna be hard for them to hire a teacher. They don’t have any teaching jobs listed.
SwallowedMyWhistle2 Wrote:Why wouldn't they go after Chris Larkey. The combo of him and his father would be great to bring the PBurg back.
Why would Larkey go there?
Ballbuster Wrote:Carl Ed Bingham will take the job if they give him all the BINGO MONEY!LOL

Confusednicker:
Just wondering if anyone else heard that John D interviewed for the Perry Central job? The stuff I'm gathering that our next coach will be from out of state? I knew once I heard about the committee, they would put us on the map with a big hire!
John D would do well at Perry
Real Badman Wrote:John D would do well at Perry

Yes he would. I think they would appreciate winning and being competitive every year but hey who am I to speculate?
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:Yes he would. I think they would appreciate winning and being competitive every year but hey who am I to speculate?

His problems at Prestonsburg wasn't about winning or being competitive but how he treated the players.
UpYours Wrote:His problems at Prestonsburg wasn't about winning or being competitive but how he treated the players.

If that's the case it sure took along time for everyone to get tired of it.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:If that's the case it sure took along time for everyone to get tired of it.

Incorrect, It took WAY TO LONG to get administration changed who didn't play the BUDDY SYSTEM.....
Wonder how many have applied?
Who are the top candidates for the job or who has already Applied
Every tom dick and Harry in eky
Not quite every Tom, Dick, and Harry...lol.

I have heard that the committee is considering somewhere between 15-20 applicants. I have no knowledge of when the process will be over and when the new coach will be named, but my guess is sometime pretty soon.
cat86 Wrote:Not quite every Tom, Dick, and Harry...lol.

I have heard that the committee is considering somewhere between 15-20 applicants. I have no knowledge of when the process will be over and when the new coach will be named, but my guess is sometime pretty soon.

That's way too many to consider
Explorer Wrote:That's way too many to consider

They aren't actually considering all of them. Mistake on my part. They began with that many applicants. I would guess not all of them will be granted interviews or proceed to the next step in the process.
Shockwaves coming perhaps.
Is JR Bryant the leading candidate among the administration?
Wyatt Earp Wrote:Shockwaves coming perhaps.

Haywood?
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next