Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 56 Pikeville 51 (15th Region Championship)
Final from the Expo.

JC wins their 10th regional championship.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
JC now has the most girls basketball 15th regional championships with 10.

1985, 1986, 1993, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2008, 2009, 2015 & 2017.
Pikeville couldn't stop Castle in the paint. She made a living in their tonight.
JC has played two of the fifteen teams in the Sweet 16. These games were a just week apart. Taking an L in games that aren't in the District or Regional tournaments are just practice. Kudos to Coach Rice for such a challenging schedule.

Region 14
1/20/18: Knott County Central; W 72-66 (OT).

Region 16
1/27/18: Boyd County; L 43-68.
Johnson Central played lights out beginning the second half of the SV game until the end of the championship game. They recovered almost every 50/50 ball, played defense, rebounded, and didn't turn the ball over numerous times. They were fun to watch. I think Pikeville though the best team was eleminated the night before. They were wrong.
Thirsty Dog Wrote:Johnson Central played lights out beginning the second half of the SV game until the end of the championship game. They recovered almost every 50/50 ball, played defense, rebounded, and didn't turn the ball over numerous times. They were fun to watch. I think Pikeville though the best team was eleminated the night before. They were wrong.
I think you’re wrong. I CAN tell you the players and the coaches all respected JC very much. So I think you misperceived Pikeville’s impression of JC. Congratulations to JC on the win, and congratulations to the Pikeville girls on an outstanding year. They have nothing to hang their heads about at all.
Didn't say anything about disrespecting anyone. A team might respect another team, but they also sometimes overlook other teams. Since you said disrespected first it leaves me to wonder what they really thought about JC. That is called a Freudian slip. Pikeville had a great year. However, people will remember who played in the girls state tournament in 2018.
Thirsty Dog Wrote:Didn't say anything about disrespecting anyone. A team might respect another team, but they also sometimes overlook other teams. Since you said disrespected first it leaves me to wonder what they really thought about JC. That is called a Freudian slip. Pikeville had a great year. However, people will remember who played in the girls state tournament in 2018.
You said “I think Pikeville though (sic) the best team was eliminated the night before. They were wrong”. That implies you can thought Pikeville didn’t respect JC. There’s no Freudian slip, it’s just a typical JC fan tactic that everyone is disrespecting you all. Barking up the wrong tree, accept the congratulations and move along. If you have to wonder about what people really think about your team, you need to reconsider whether your paranoia is escalating or not.

Good luck to the JC girls at state. While people may remember who plays in 2018, they’d be well advised to remember the Panthers in the future. Coach Orem has them here to stay, they aren’t going anywhere any time soon.
Thank God the girls Sweet 16 has been moved from WKU.

JC to WKU - 268 miles; 4 hours & 11 minutes.
JC to NKU - 155 miles; 3 hours & 8 minutes.

Playing the first game on Wednesday morning may hurt the JC crowd, but not near as bad as if it was at WKU.
Johnson Central vs. Owensboro Catholic

3/7/18
12:00PM
NKU BB&T Bank Arena.
You know what I think. Getting on a social web site and arguing or telling people what they are thinking without knowing them is sick. My life doesn't revolve around thumping my chest and telling people they are wrong. I had a opinion about the game as I saw it. Sorry you were offended.
Thirsty Dog Wrote:You know what I think. Getting on a social web site and arguing or telling people what they are thinking without knowing them is sick. My life doesn't revolve around thumping my chest and telling people they are wrong. I had a opinion about the game as I saw it. Sorry you were offended.
Yet you got on here and basically told me MY opinion was wrong. Hmm. Good luck. I mean it. I hope they go and rep the 15th well.
Thirsty Dog Wrote:Johnson Central played lights out beginning the second half of the SV game until the end of the championship game. They recovered almost every 50/50 ball, played defense, rebounded, and didn't turn the ball over numerous times. They were fun to watch. I think Pikeville though the best team was eleminated the night before. They were wrong.

I don't agree. Pikeville's coach was at the 57th District championship scouting. I don't believe she underestimated anyone.

I agree
When #14 for JC made the game winner, Pikeville knew they had it. You could tell by their reactions.
Good luck JC nice run
Johnson Central's team this year grew exponentially throughout the year. Their schedule early on really helped them in my opinion. Started the season 4-10 and then won 16 of their last 18. Good luck girls!
3sporteagle Wrote:Johnson Central's team this year grew exponentially throughout the year. Their schedule early on really helped them in my opinion. Started the season 4-10 and then won 16 of their last 18. Good luck girls!

All games except in the post-season are practice.

4-10 or 14-0...... give me the 4-10 record playing some of the top teams in the state and be able to get two big W's in the regional tournament.
Warthog Wrote:I agree
When #14 for JC made the game winner, Pikeville knew they had it. You could tell by their reactions.
Good luck JC nice run

Don't think anyone"knew they had it". Pikeville spilt with JC during the season. What reactions? It was a wild game and people were all excited and shocked. You guys lost on a buzzer beater. JC just shut SV down in 4th( 0 points ). It was a tremendous game and in my opinion just showed a lot of heart from their players. SV had the most talent by far on their team,maybe they felt invincible. Their schedule was fairly weak and I was afraid this would happen. Moving on!!!
Johnson Central peaked at the right time. Pikeville returns everyone so they should be a fun team to watch next season.

Good luck to JC at state!
Several teams return key players; JC returns 4 starters and rumor has it they have already replaced her with a transfer from Paintsville, and more to come.
Should have said ,they have a replacement for next year for the starter they lose
Mjolnir Wrote:Several teams return key players; JC returns 4 starters and rumor has it they have already replaced her with a transfer from Paintsville, and more to come.

Mjolnir Wrote:Should have said ,they have a replacement for next year for the starter they lose

Rumors are bad.